Robinson ranked #8

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by erickwsmom, Jun 17, 2005.

1. erickwsmom

erickwsmom Rookie

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/positional-rankings/DEF/CB

2. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

Shows that our last 2 1st round picks are worthy of that selection. Where is Carr???
    Is he worthy?

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles"
    That's about that same as saying Earl Campbell didn't shy away from contact
    with DBs. Like Earl, D-Rob actively seeks out contact, he just plain looks for
    it. Pound for pound, he's gotta be the hardest hitter I've ever seen. If he was a 200 pounder they'd have to make him illegal.

4. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Yea, he's was awesome watch last year. Let's hope he can parlay that into his sophomore campaign (which I'm sure he will). He may not be the hardest hitter I've seen but he does bring it every play!! texanpride

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Frankly, I hope he backs off on trying to make the big hit and just makes the tackle. He isn't big enough to keep absorbing those big hits and while they are great to watch, sooner or later he will be injured. He does us more good on the field than in the rehab room. I think he will wind up being one of the recognised top corners for many years if he can stay healthy.

6. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Good for him! D-Rob will D-stroy in 05.

7. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

I cant wait for the season to start!!! I wanna see DROB lay the smack down on Manning again! :drool:

8. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

8. Dunta Robinson, Texans Normally, we shy away from rookies, but this guy could be extraordinary. He has great ball skills and rarely is beaten. Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles. "He is the complete package," said one scout.

Well this should put to rest that Dunta belongs as one of the top ten DB in the league.

9. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I was thinking the same thing! To hell with all of the "nay sayers" in the other post as to where DROB belongs. IMHO, that is a great assesment to his talent and to where he ranks after a "rookie" year and still adjusting to the NFL and to a new team. My hat is off to him for his skills and his impact as an elite player in our secondary. MUCH LOVE!

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Yea, I agree with that EDO. As much as I get a kick out of seeing him dish it
    out, he worries me to because he's takin a lot of punishment from guys often quite a bit bigger than him. He just may not be big enough to keep on tickin if
    he keeps tackling the way he does. Afterall, his biggest value to us is as a cover corner.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Why do we as a fan base bag on our team so much? It's hard to find a thread of Houston Texans fans not hammering one of our own.

12. Big B Texan Fan

I have found that it's like that everywhere with every team, until you win the Big One.

13. I for one am still a little bitter from all the off-season planning we've done. As camp starts I'm sure a lot of this will wear off, but I'm too ready with the fork to stick something right now.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I read them all since I treat running this place like a real job...I find we are one of the least optimistic message board fan bases of the teams on the rise. I'm ready for some football too Ses. :cool:

15. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Vinny, you know humans complain by nature! Always something they would have done different or some idea they would have used rather than trusting what the organization is doing. As to the poster who says he would like to see DROB tone it down a notch, I don't think he has those capabilities. He's a "balls to the wall" kinda player and I think that is the reason why he was on the list. His hitting skills are eventually going to make people hear his foot steps when they catch the ball and in turn cause mistakes. He makes up for his size with his contact skills. I say don't change a thing.... :ouch:

16. Big B Texan Fan

Really, that sux. They need to start winning so we can stop whinning.

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I didn't really mean he should "Tone it down" as far as effort or playmaking, but to go for the tackle rather than trying to make a big hit on a back that out weighs him by 20-40 pounds or more. Let the LBs make the big statement hits as they are big enough to absorb that sort of punishment game to game. If he keeps doing the big hit thing he WILL get hurt and I can GARANTEE there will be a thread started by someone saying "Why didn't our coaching staff train him to tackle" or some other such nonsense. I like the intensity and he can come up and make good solid tackles that will keep people from coming his way without have to challenge the big guys heads up.

18. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

all I can say to that is this...when you start playing to avoid the injury, you increase your risk of injury.

19. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Off the message board bashing, I would like to say congrats to D-Rob and A.J. for getting noticed on a our team. This year is a good year for a linebacker and a certain hairy QB to get their asses in gear. I look forward to good things and much more pessimism when training camp starts.

20. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

D-Rob has some big hits in that small but stout frame, i feel sorry for manning this coming season ALREADY :crying: (hope he dont cry)