Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Robert Griffin III could be the Texans next quarterback

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I was reading on Reddit that RG3 closed on a house in Houston last week. One of those my neighbors cat saw it rumors.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is what you are referring to...........and I agree.............the neighbor's cat must have seen it...........
RG3 bought house in Houston (self.Texans)

submitted 1 day ago by wildcatasaurus

My friend is his real estate agent and said he closed on a house last week. This could mean he's going to sign with the Texans Monday. Iv been sitting on this for a week waiting for more proof then media says he's in talks with the Texans. I'm thinking it could happen. I'll take RG3 as backup even if he's been unlucky with injuries. His ceiling might be slightly lower now, but he has a good upside if we can sign him for a fair price.
In January, another MB reported that the cat saw him buying a house in Conroe.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
If the Texans wanted RG3 wouldn't they have just ponied up a 7th for him by now? If there really are 10-15 teams interested in him no way he clears waivers and we are sitting at 22 in waiver order.

Maybe with RG3 taken that will push down a qb to us in the 1st that wouldnt have been there.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If the Texans wanted RG3 wouldn't they have just ponied up a 7th for him by now? If there really are 10-15 teams interested in him no way he clears waivers and we are sitting at 22 in waiver order.

Maybe with RG3 taken that will push down a qb to us in the 1st that wouldnt have been there.
Would the Skins take a 7th?

I don't think the waiver system is in effect.

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame

He's got a $16+ Million base salary in 2016 that becomes guaranteed if he's on a roster as of Wednesday (March 9). Do you really think there's somebody out there who's going to pick up that kind of tab on him? Either a trade or picking him up on waivers guarantees that salary is paid by his new team.

And with that said, even if cut, and available for considerably less money, I see nothing to make me think the Texans are interested in RGIII.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
He's got a $16+ Million base salary in 2016 that becomes guaranteed if he's on a roster as of Wednesday (March 9). Do you really think there's somebody out there who's going to pick up that kind of tab on him? Either a trade or picking him up on waivers guarantees that salary is paid by his new team.

And with that said, even if cut, and available for considerably less money, I see nothing to make me think the Texans are interested in RGIII.
Good point about the salary.

Personally I would pick up RG3. From a talent perspective he is better than anything we have on the roster. That being said I would still draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd.

speedfreek

All Pro
Man, I hope RGII has a better alarm clock that Ryan (Spandau) Mallet.

Obrien shouting him down for being a locker-room turd would be epic
TV for hard knocks..

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Aaron Wilson reports that the Redskins have cut RGIII
It's time to see if the rumors are true. I'm not all hot on RGIIII due to injury history, but he will be better than anything that was under center last yr. RGIII working with BOB intrigues me. If anybody can get the best out of RGIII it's BOB.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's time to see if the rumors are true. I'm not all hot on RGIIII due to injury history, but he will be better than anything that was under center last yr. RGIII working with BOB intrigues me. If anybody can get the best out of RGIII it's BOB.
How can you say that? We haven't seen the guy in over two years?...

We won't know what we've got with RGIII until the first game he plays. & I mean regular season. Just like we didn't see the real Bryan Hoyer until he got in front of a real pass rush... we're not going to see RGIII in front of a real pass rush until at least week 1.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How can you say that? We haven't seen the guy in over two years?...

We won't know what we've got with RGIII until the first game he plays. & I mean regular season. Just like we didn't see the real Bryan Hoyer until he got in front of a real pass rush... we're not going to see RGIII in front of a real pass rush until at least week 1.
Do you believe RGIII will be worse than the 30-0 Hoyer?

Impossible

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
Do you believe RGIII will be worse than the 30-0 Hoyer?

Impossible
At worst, RGIII is a guy that can operate a limited offensive system that can maximize the running game and put the defense in position to win games. If they do sign RGIII, I would still expect them to grab their potential future QB in round 1 or 2 of the draft.