Rob ryan as hc next year!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sportsfan, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

I'm calling it now, Rob Ryan will be the HC next year if Lose-iak gets the ax.

Anybody w/the last name of Ryan will not be soft or take sh*t from any team!

Sign here to support the Rob Ryan for HC campaign!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I'll fully support a Rob Ryan hiring, if Cowher doesn't come here. The Ryans have a great coaching bloodline.

chicagotexan2 likes this.
  3. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I'd rather get a proven HC than trying to get a coordiantor again looking for gold.

If said coaches are not available, sure, why the hell not. Anything is better than this.

:kubepalm:

4. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

yeah i'm a bit indifferent on hiring another Coordinator but i really don't think a proven HC will come here.
    Cowher- will want too much and Uncle Bob won't pay up and/or some team will simply appeal to him more
    Gruden- I could see this happening but it sounds like he's happy in the ESPN booth and see Cowher for other 2 reasons
    Dungy- Completely done w/coaching i believe.

Ryan might be the lowest risk, or possibly Fewell from NYG.

5. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

There are a lot of good candidates out there:

Bill Cowher
    John Gruden
    Tony Dungy
    Perry Fewell
    Leslie Frazier
    Jim Harbaugh
    Sean McDermott
    Rob Ryan

I'm not partial to any particular one at this point.

6. GuerillaBlack

Cowher has already been rumored to be interested in the Texans job, so I don't think it's that far out that he'll come here. I'm sure McNair would pay up for a guy like Cowher, who would bring a lot of publicity and some toughness at the coaching position for the franchise.

My preferred order: Cowher, Gruden, Dungy (though I think he's done coaching), Ryan, Harbaugh, Frazier, Fewell, and McDermott.

7. texdawg

texdawg Veteran

Where do I sign the NO petition? ha ha

Please leave him in Cleveland for at least a couple more years. He's perfect for gritty Cleveland and the fans love him.

His brand of football seems to be well suited for outdoor northern teams, not fast dome type teams. Besides, he runs a creative 3-4. Not a particular good fit for Houston at this time.

8. GuerillaBlack

The 3-4 will be just fine for this Houston team, as long as we get a NT. Have you seen our defense? Colt McCoy would throw for 350 yards, 3 TDs, and no picks against our defense.

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Personally, I care less who the HC coach is, just give me some good coordinators. Primarily on defense. Is it too much to ask to have a top 15-top 10 defense for once in 10 years?!

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Do you have anything to support this? Not attacking just interested in Cowher.

11. GuerillaBlack

12. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I'd take Ryan in a heartbeat. Atleast him and his brother appear to have a pulse, which is more than I can say for Kubiak. That man doesn't get excited about shit. I'd like to see some emotion, one way or the other. Be pissed, be angry, be happy......something. The Ryans have a swagger and you can't teach that. It's just the way they carry themselves and players will follow that. I'm all for a change. This season has ruined football for me. I'm in a bad place..........:wadepalm:

13. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

If Garrett turns the 'Boys around and still gets the boot, I'd take a run at him.

Switching to the 3-4 would be fine. Our defense is already the worst in the NFL and the switch would mean ditching the Nigerian bust from the roster.

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

15. GuerillaBlack

16. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

I'd like a proven HC. Cowher, Brian Billick, or Dungy would be my top choices. Ryan would be one of the few new HC's I'd be okay with though.

17. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

I called for Rob Ryan in a different thread yesterday!!!!!!! I love the Ryan style of football. And, if our OC called some stupid half-back pass, he might get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

18. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Marvin Lewis

19. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

No, Cowher will be Head Coach because the NFL Network sited in 2009 that "a source" said coaching for the Texans or Bears "would excite" Cowher. Oh and on top of that Bill Simmons of espn.com puts his two cents in and says Cowher or Gruden will be Head Coach here. See? It's settled now.

Remember months ago when "sources told us" Lebron James was going to sign with the Cavs... or Nets? Or when Stephen A. Smith said "I have a source who has told me it was a done deal from the beginning LeBron would be going to Chicago and I have another source that says it is a done deal he is going to the Knicks."

Those sources are saying "done deal".... which tends to hold a little more weight than "would excite". LOL

Could Cowher want to coach here? Could he actually be the next HC? Sure... but I think too many people here are assuming all this is true and that we've got a great chance at it. I don't blame them though, I feel the same way everytime I hear a FA wants to sign here... just to end up signing somewhere else. Most blame Smith/McNair when in realty I don't think we were their #1 landing spot in the first place.

20. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Sorry at this point we are 0-2 for coordinators -> HC change. Give us a proven winner, someone you can't fault for hiring.

If someone comes and delivers a championship to this city prepare for the statue to be raised somewhere..