Rivals.com Top 100 NFL Prospects

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Errant Hothy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=719772

Stewart shows up at # 47 behind the following RBs; McFadden, Slaton, Mendenhall, Kevin Smith and Rice.

2. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

From this list:

Top 5 RBs-
    Darren McFadden
    Steve Slaton
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Kevin Smith
    Ray Rice

Top 5 OTs-
    Jake Long
    Michael Oher
    Gosder Cherilus
    Ryan Clady
    Sam Baker

Top 5 CBs-
    Antoine Cason
    Malcolm Jenkins
    Reggie Smith
    Justin King
    Aqib Talib

Top 3 FSs-
    Kenny Phillips
    Jonathan Hefney
    Quintin Demps
    (only 3 made the top 100, although some CBs may project there)

Just looking at some areas the Texans might consider addressing during the draft. Interestingly, not one C or OG made the list.

3. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Stewart will go higher due to physical measurements alone. That's what usually happens.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Personally, I'm thinking that Baker would be a better LT in the pros than Jake Long.

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Glad they are taking notice of my man Michael Oher! Seeing how 10 or so players ranked before him will probably be entering the draft...He'll be pushing to be in the Top 5 overall prospects going into next season.

That's one reason why I'd like us to make some sort of trade with our 1st like New England did with San Francisco. Possibly get this years 2nd and next years 1st...if a good enough prospect falls to our spot. Have a top 5 pick next year and solidify our LT spot with Michael Oher. Select a good corner with this year's 2nd we pick up and a solide RB like Mike Hart in the 3rd round.

Still wouldn't know what to do with our OL going into next season though..:cool:

6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The same thing they do every year, I'd wager. It's getting old.

7. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Our current pick is close to 15, two ways to go here, one of my favorite player in the upcoming draft is sitting in this ranking at 15, Rashard Mendenhall, but do I take him? If I do take him I can come back and take Chris Williams who is not on this list to play LT or I can take Michael Oher here and have a stud OT, and then in my 3rd round take RB Matt Forte Tulane. That would seem to be the better move.

Another plan is to trade down from 15 and add a 2nd. That could secure a player like Ryan Clady or Alex Boone to be my OLT of the future. In the 2nd grab a guy like LB Philip Wheeler Georgia Tech, he can play either the WILL or the SAM or RB Felix Jones from Arkansas. If you go LB then Forte or Choice could be 3rd round Rbs.

It can be a fun off season if the team makes the right moves and does another strong job drafting.

8. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

What do you guys think of OT Barry Richardson - 6' 7" 325 lbs. - Clemson?

They have him ranked #67 overall which would put him in the top of the 3rd Round. I thought I remember him being ranked in the top 5 of OT's before, but it looks like they have him at # 7 among OT's.

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Same here. I think he's considered a better pass-blocker than Long which is a bigger priority for a LT than a RT in the NFL.

10. Ole Miss Texan

If it's our pick in the 1st and there is a stud left tackle sitting there that Smith and Kubiak know is a perfect fit for our our team in both run blocking and pass protection I REALLY REALLY hope they would take him.

I would rather have the next Orlando Pace than the next 'name your RB here'.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

You may have something here with Michael Oher, good looking LT prospect but I think it would benefit him to stay in school his senior season & move up mid 1st rd. right now I think he projects early to mid 2nd if he where to come out early? maybe Rick Smith can trade down (I'm on the phone w/49'ers 15th pick in exchange for the 29th & 34th picks) addressing LT & CB. heck according to them JS would still be on the board too :)

12. Ole Miss Texan

I feel the same way. Oher is more of a project LT right now...he's got everything you could want in a prospect but experience. He started each game last year at LT as a true sophomore, his freshman year he played RG.

San Fran might be a decent trading partner. I'm not real sure what player/position they would covet enough but them having Indy's 1st rd pick + their early 2nd rder will be easy to manage a trade with, imo.

13. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

According to a few scouting services, Alex Boone, is the next Orlando Pace. Boone is still raw being only a junior, but he has the bulk, the wing span, and the quick feet to be a truly great LT in the NFL. I think the biggest question is will he come out this year, or stay in school and be a top ten pick next year.

14. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

rivals recruiting rating 05 (Junior class in College now)

RB's

#1 Jonathan Stewart

#7 Jamaal Charles

#9 Rashard Mendenhall

OT's

#6 Alex Boone

#7 Michael Oher

CB's

#5 Reggie Smith

#61 Malcolm Jenkins

Saftey's

#1 Kenny Phillips

a few options that address needs (if declare to be draft eligible) depending on who is available :)

15. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

even though houston doesn't need another wr I would love for houston to pick up devon bess that guy is a hauss after the catch almost like a stallworth. With bess, johnson, and walters on the field we would have a pats like wr corp

16. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

The fact that Mike Jenkins is not in the Top 5 CBs makes me not even want to look at any of the other information that this website is providing.

17. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/dominiquerodgerscromartie/dominiquerodgerscromartie.html

What I like about the guy is that he is not a pound reed. At 6'-3", he could put on ten to fifteen pounds and move to free safty if he dosen't have the feet and hips to play CB. TBS, he would probably be one of the most athletic guys at DB if we drafted him. Big corners who can tranisition....that's what I'm hoping we're looking at. Then they wouldn't be presed to get Robinson in by September.

The big question is how many will go off the board by the time we come up to bat in the third. As much as Stewart would help....fill as many holes as you can with draft picks.

18. threetoedpete

Well if you pick someone, you're going to have to cut someone come August.
    My money, all of the back ups earned their oats when Andre Johnson went down. So whos rice bowl you fixing to break there Loner ? Mathis ?

The only way I'd draft a WR is he's a heck of a special teams guy who can give Jacobey Jones a step with his blocking on Punt returns. That is one of my thoughts on the Tennesse Sttate DB. He can run and he hits a hole on specail teams. He can block gunners on the punt team.

Depending on the Juniors who choose to come out, the board will be loaded with tallented TEs and H-backs also. I like what we got. Someone will have to go in August if we draft a TE guy. Not arguing Bess isn't a good prospect, but you're trading the devil you know for the devil you don't know with the WR/TE pick. Redundant to me, but whatever. How many touches are you going to take away from Davis and JJ to give the guy targets in the slot ?
    Inquiring minds wish to know .

19. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I know nothing about that guy from Tennessee State, although I read good things about him. But, even still, the fact that Mike Jenkins is not on that Top 5 CB list is a crime.

My top 4 CBs:

Antone Cason
    Mike Jenkins
    Malcolm Jenkins
    Aqib Talib

And I would give the 5th one to someone like Brandon Flowers, that Cromartie guy, Reggie Smith, Tracy Porter, Terrell Thomas or pretty much any corner that you watch the most. I'd give it to Flowers just because I watch VTech alot and he is the full package CB, not just a INT guy.

20. threetoedpete

You're not going to get a top five corner/DB with a sixty pick. Y'all got spoiled
    with Bennit. That doesn't happen every time. We were danged lucky. I wouldn't count on catching lightening in a bottle twice in a row.