ridiculous offer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Talk' started by rickyb, Nov 17, 2007.

1. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

I just received an offer.

I get:
    WR Lee Evans
    RB Ron Dayne
    RB Laurence Mauroney

I give:
    WR Randy Moss
    RB Reuben Droughns

Clearly, this guy thinks I am an *****. By the way, Moss is keeper-eligible for next year (by virtue of the fact that I drafted him after round 3 (round 6 to be exact)).

So, if you get Moss, you get him next year too. Our Keeper Rule allows you to keep a player for 1 extra year, and he is your 4th round draft pick. No way I am parting with Moss unless I get a stud QB and position player which puts my team in contention.

I rejected and countered.
    I give:
    RB Reuben Droughns
    WR Wes Welker

I get:
    QB Brett Favre
    RB Laurence Maroney

Mauroney is keeper-eligible for next year. Assuming Moss is my 4th round keeper, Mauroney would be my 5th round pick.

Max: 2 keepers per year. Moss and Mauroney in rounds 4 and 5 would not be a bad deal.

No way New England drafts McFadden, by the way. If McFadden is on the board, they will trade the pick for a boatload of picks.

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Back before the first game of the season, I jokingly offered a guy this trade:

Randy Moss for Edgerrin James straight up.

I am sooo glad he didn't accept, this was his reply

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Funny guy. This reminds me of the people in three of my leagues where I drafted Tom Brady in the first round. They said "why the hell would you take Tom Brady in the first. You never take a QB in the first". Tom Brady has never went below 25 points for me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Goldensilence likes this.