Ricky Williams

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by grandslam1, Nov 28, 2005.

1. grandslam1

grandslam1 Veteran

if he'd be available , would you think he could help us along with D'Brick?

2. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Dont want cancer on this team, he can go smoke pot somewhere else.:texflag:

3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

No.. I think we are set with Davis and Wells. And Morency to work with.

4. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Hilarious how anyone can call him a cancer. Quitter? Sure. Cancer? Laughable. He's not complaining about playtime. He's not in Ronnie Brown's face. He's not going to the media with anything negative. He's not a distraction at all. He let his teammates down last year and he's contributing in big ways this year on the field and off. He's pushing Ronnie Brown to be better. He's rushing very well, 4.3 YPC (if you take away his first two weeks that it took to shake off the rust) with two scores.

People make mistakes. Get over it.

5. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I actually like Ricky and wouldn't mind him being on the team. The guy is a great player and extremely talented. He made a mistake and needed some time to think about his life, but he is back now and from what I've heard, is one of the hardest working players on the team. If anything they aren't using him enough.

6. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

We already have a pot smoking GM and Head Coach. It's time to send the bong party somewhere else.

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That avatar is hilarious. lol:

8. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

NO, you get over it. The guy is playing for one reason and one reason only: MONEY!!! He would have owed the Dolphins like $7 Million or something like that. I would come back if i owed that much too. Once he is done owing them, hes gone. Mark my words on that one. I dont want any quiters on the Texans. And that makes him a Cancer in my book.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

If the Texans picked up Ricky Williams via trade before the draft and then picked their franchise LT in the first round then it would take one or two series to win over the people who think adding him would be a mistake. One 40+ yard touchdown run and the cheers would drown out the complaints.

I'd take Ricky Williams in a heartbeat. The guy may be playing only to pay back the money but Ricky Williams playing to wipe out his debt is about twice the back that Domanick Davis ever will be and can almost single handedly turn a team around.

10. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

It must suck totally that someone who to you, is only playing for money, is outperforming our starter. Same amount of touchdowns on 100 less carries. A half yard better per carry. Not to mention he's coming off an 18 month offseason. My oh my, that guy has no heart.

I envy you though, UHC, you've never made a mistake in your life. I must say you are probably one of a kind in my book.

11. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The problem is not Ricky's drive or his ability to play. IMO, it's his smoking. He has already been on the four-game suspension. The next time he is busted, he is out for a year. I like Ricky, and I think he is an awesome running back, but I think he is too much of a liability to any team for that reason.

12. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I don't get all this fascination with going out to get a new running back. DD may be our second-best offensive player and he never gets any respect. Sure, he's not Tomlinson, but few backs ever are. You can't hit home runs at every position and Super Bowls have been won with lesser backs than Davis. IMO, Davis would be even more effective than he currently is if the line run blocked a little better (they do well some Sundays and others .... ehhh) and if the team mixed in Wells or Morency more frequently. I see Davis as a Warrick Dunn or Brian Westbrook type of back. And that's pretty good.

There are about nine other positions that need to be addressed on offense before we get to RB.

13. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

And for that reason(which he is tested for, I believe twice a week during the season) he will probably come cheap to whoever wants him.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The question I have is what would we be giving up for him and, even though he would apparently be an improvement, shouldn't we be looking to improve at other positions?

15. abbest

abbest Veteran

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Ricky definately turned the Dolphins around in '04.

You could wait a long time for that 40 yard run. Ricky has 3 of them for his career and sports a whopping 4.0 ypc average (same as Davis) over 6 seasons. Williams is not a breakaway runner, and he's not a workhorse anymore since dropping 20 lbs. The myth that Ricky Williams is a special back is just that. And once you consider that the guy is one puff from a year's suspension, why bring him in?

17. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Kinda funny that Ricky has more 20 yard carries this year than Davis does, eh?

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Maybe two years ago but not anymore. Ricky doesn't have the speed he once did (which wasn't stellar even then) and has lost a lot of his power. I would take Domanick over the current Ricky Williams any day.

19. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Dunn is a very small, very quick and fast RB, Westbrook is similar as a good receiver and all, maybe a little faster but much less of a power runner than Domanick. I honestly see Davis as an Emmitt Smith-type back without the stellar OL blocking for him, a respectable passing game/play calling to take pressure off him, and a defense that can get off the field and give him the ball back.

20. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Ricky doesn't come across as the kind of guy that's playing professional football because he wants to.