ricky williams loses appeal; suspended for year

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by kastofsna, Apr 25, 2006.

1. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

no worries. ronnie brown's coming out party. :cool:

2. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Don't doubt you, but do you have a link or any more info?

btw - this sucks, but Ricky should have known better...

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

4. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

5. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

it was just on espn's nfl draft special too.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Suspended for one year for losing his appeal for his fourth failed drug test per Fox News....

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I would not mind picking him up if the Dolphins release him for the league minimum with no signing bonus for the next two years.

8. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

As Emeril would say, "Bam!"

9. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Ricky who?

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Williams will be a 30 year old RB by the time he's eligible to return to the NFL. That's if he agrees to urine tests 3 times a week for the next year while not playing. And passes all of those tests. And still wants to play football. And if his license to practice holistic medicine doesn't come through.

The Ricky Williams saga is over. And I'm glad this turd will never play for my football team.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Interesting that you would not take a chance for peanuts on the dollar, but have no issue giving a fifth chance to a 26 year old QB that inlcuded an 8 million bonus.

In the event that DC and the offense become what we pay them to be, then I would hope that we would be able to have the leadership that can handle a former 1,000 yard dope smoking pacifist.

12. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

True, he will be a 30-year old running back by the time he returns, but he'll have also 2 1/3 less years of wear and tear on his body than most 30 year old running backs. :heh:

13. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

David Carr has done everything he can for this franchise. Maybe he doesn't have enough to give. Some, such as yourself, feel that way. Others, like Bob McNair, Gary Kubiak, and myself think he has more than enough and needs the opportunity to prove it.

Ricky Williams has quit on every teammate and coach in the NFL who have ever supported him. Ricky always comes first for Ricky. It's obscene the talent Williams has wasted. I wouldn't give Ricky a penny if he was panhandling on the street. And I'd bust open my piggy bank and take out a full page ad in the Chronic denoucing Williams if he were ever rumored to sign with my favorite football team.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I cannot argue against your opinion on DC and the braintrust behind that decision. I just do not agree and we will not change each others mind until they play the game.

In regards to Ricky, it may be better served for you to base your final take on what his team mates this year and the current staff have to say. All reports are that Ricky did everything that was expected of him and was a great team mate this year.

15. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Really? The same David Carr who didn't have the initiative to stay after practice and work with his receivers? The same David Carr who then blamed said receivers for his poor performance?

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

16. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

[​IMG]

17. ghostlight

ghostlight All Pro

THis hurts being a devoted UT fan and admirer of Ricky Williams however it is a very poor character example to our youth. We don't need this type of behavoir being accepted by us for whatever gain we may get. The fight for the lives of our youth is more important for us to win than any sporting event. My heart goes out to Ricky and if he comes back here to Grass Valley I will make it a goal to see him.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Um, did you read the title to this thread? The guy failed another drug test. Knowing that one more failure would suspend him from a team that was counting on him.

It's expected for Williams to comply with the NFL's drug policy. That was too much for Ricky to handle. Once again, he put himself above all others. That's not what a good teammate would do.

19. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I don't think Ricky should have been suspended the first time.

If the NFL didn't have such a powerless players' union, I don't think this would be an issue. The NFL has no legitimate interest in testing for marijuana. It doesn't enhance performance and it doesn't cause physical danger to the player at work like speed or cocaine could.

I can't comment on this latest substance because I don't know what it is, but all of this BS over marijuana is just annoying.

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Did he miss a game this past year after his suspension? What were the expectations? I would say he exceeded everyone's expectations and will be interesting to see what is said now. Moreover, all I said was league minimum with no signing bonus and your retort was that he is a turd.

I hope you are not a Reggie Bush supporter because that last piece would reek of hypocrisy.