Rick Smith on NFLTA

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Paragon Blue, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

They interviewed him from the combine. Said that DC is their starter but they are entertaining trade offers. Looking to improve the rumming back position. Said that they look for BPA rather than need.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Oh my, here comes Brady Quinn because Bob thinks he's cuter.

3. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

He also said they have some salary cap issues that need to be taken care of with some of veteran players.

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That's a pretty lame, cheap shot.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Is it? Seems like image has been the thing for Bob since day 1.

6. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Interesting. If AP and Quinn aren't available, BPA may be a safety.

7. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

None of the safety in this class is worth #8. I think he might opt for DT or DE (Okoye, Branch, Anderson) at #8 if AD and Quinn is not available.

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

sweeters. go landry!

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

So what? Gaines Adams is just falling off the draft board or what?

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Wanting players with good character is no reason to make comments like that. I happen to like the fact that we don't have a lot of troublemakers playing for us. I don't think that should be the main criteria used, but it needs to be looked at. IMO, Bob McNair is trying to do what a good owner SHOULD do. Hire the best people for the job, give them the proper resources, then let them do their job. McNair is a business man(and a pretty darn successful one,too) and he knows how ot maanage his people. IMO, loyalty plyed a big role in keeping CC and Capers for as long as he did. Integrity, loyalty and decency are some images I can live with....

11. Ole Miss Texan

Sometimes that can just get your business or organization in trouble. trouble being bankrupcy or very low sales, net profit.....etc

For the most part this is how you build a successful business. Good points and I too think McNair is doing a good job. I like the way he's doing things. I like our players a lot. and now our new coaching staff

12. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

I'm not a big fan of boxing certain people in at positions. If there's player at 8 that we like but will go after we select at our spot...nothing wrong with taking him a few spots before. Huff was taken at 7 last year and Donte Whitner was taken early for safeties. Is Landry that good to take him at 8...i think so specially if we're looking at San Fran and Atlanta probably wanting him.

Doubt AP is there at 8 but if he is...i'd at least entertain offers before going to the podium. Same with Quinn. I'd prefer Levi Brown at the 8 spot honestly. I think that pick alone would do wonders for our line and offense as a whole no matter who is the RB or QB.

the only way i see a BPA pick is if it's a BPA at a need spot. Which is LT, FS, CB, LB,DL preferably in that order. There's a lot of holes on the team i jsut think those spots are the most GLARING.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I wonder if we would take Ginn if available? Kubiak has said that we need another receiver and a playmaker. Eventhough I don't want Ginn, I think he would be the kind of receiver that would be good opposite Andre. He could be the Peerless Price that Moulds had in Buffalo during the prime of his career and would fill two needs in punt return and kick return.

I don't think we will take him, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we did.

14. Ole Miss Texan

i'd rather us take someone else at a more pressing need. you raise a good point. in my opinion i and probably others would be upset. i'd probably complain untill he finally did something that really impressed me...he'd pretty much have to be rookie of the year or a league leader in a year or two for me to be happy. might be unfair to him but that's my honesty.

Personally i think ginn is overhyped and not a top 10 talent.

15. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

Oh god I can see it too. He is thinking smart though in a way. What way to bring the ladies to watch football by bringing in a handsome QB. It is kinda 50/50 on the intelligence scale of buisness.

16. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

God I hope not. IMO Brady Quinn is a hack. He had several nationally televised games this year and no showed to all of them. Sure, he can beat up on the North Indiana community college all girls JV football team, but if he plays a team with talent he crumbles. In fact, I value Leek higher than Quinn.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

If the Texans draft Brady Quinn, I will personally lead the Million Fan March from Westridge and Kirby to River Oaks where we will mass demonstrate on McNair's lawn until he gives us our team back. 55 gallon drums for burning paraphenalia (including season tickets) will be provided.

I'll need someone to organize the "What do we want?" and "When do we want it?" chant...

TEXANRED likes this.
  18. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

Texans | D. Williams injury update
    Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:26:05 -0800

Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith, during the NFL Combine, said RB Domanick Williams (knee) is entering the strengthening phase of his rehabilitation process. Williams spent the 2006 season on Injured Reserve.

Texans | Smith comments on Carr
    Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:23:43 -0800

Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith, during the NFL Combine, said the team is not actively trying to shop QB David Carr per se. While he said inquiries about Carr have died down, they will only make a deal if it improves the team as a whole.

19. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

but, but Bud Adams is a more successful businessman... so does that mean loyalty is really not that good?

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

After last year's draft and the obvious, well-known desires of the public to draft RB or VY, I doubt this FO/owner really gives a crap what fans want (other than a winning team, of course).

I wonder how season ticket renewals are going these days.... :hmmm: I put my down payment on 2007!