Rick Smith at it again!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Errant Hothy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

Mr. Aromashodu was a recent injury settlement with the Colts. He had been IR'ed after pulling a hammy. He was drafted in the 7th round of the 06 draft by the Dolphins. Played his college ball at Auburn. He's 6'2" and 200 lbs. Joins Okoye and Kalu in the growing Nigerian born Texans club.

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I wish we had of released a different player, but someone with knowledge of the Colts playbook is nice.

3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Rick Smith is God.

4. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

I just have to giggle with glee whenever Rick makes moves because they seem to pan out. With Casserly, my giggles were the type a person in a looney bin would make cause he drove me crazy.

I do hate to see Z go. He didn't show much in preseason, but you just had to pull for the guy. Maybe he can go somewhere were he actually has a chance to play. Sage is an extremely solid #2 and I didn't see Z beating him out anytime soon.

5. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

So who's our third QB now?

6. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

Probably Daniels.:texflag:

7. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

If we get into a problem, we can probably re-sign Zabransky or Quinton Porter.

Let me just say that I am the founding member of the Anybody But Van Pelt club just in case he rears his ugly head again.

But our in-game emergency QB is probably Owen Daniels.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/2494.html

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I beleive we're back to the classic two QB system Kubiak & Smith employ :cool:

seems each week he picks a former player of the team they are about to play off waivers :shades:

Texans fans your not going to believe this but he was graded out talent wise according to NFL Draft Scout as a 2nd-3rd pick but to probably slide to 2nd day based on work ethic & intangilbles. Aromashodu has Jerome Mathis speed 4.35. I would not be surprised to see him switch roles since Jerome knows the Texans scheme already & split return duties while Jerome focuses on his route running with the 2nd team offense. might also be an indication that Andres injury is more severe than thought & could be out 3-4 weeks (specualtion on my part). regardless a move made by Rick Smith that addresses need @ a critical time. I tell you what while other GM's are standing still he is doing circles around the entire league- don't look now Indy theres a new sheriff in town :cowboy1:

10. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Rick Smith is Heaven sent:splits:

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

He's another with a track history as well as basketball and football. He's also a kick returner.............a speedster that runs a 40 of 4.4.

12. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I wouldn't look too much into this pickup. I think it is only due to Davis being actived for this game. They needed to fill a practice squad spot and they replaced that need with another WR. Having prior insight to how the Colts offense runs is just an added benefit.

13. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Is Killings being moved back to the PS?

14. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I think that depends on what happens with TJ. If his ankle or foot is healthy then he would be activated and Killings would go back to the PS.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

1) This signing actually kind of excites me. I'd like to see us develop him a little more and hopefully he can produce for us.

2) I really have no feelings for Zabransky, no offense to him or anybody who likes him a lot. I thought he had a 'must win' attitude but never saw him giving the texans anything on the field. I wanted us to develop him and try and trade him to some team for a draft pick.

3) This WR was drafted in the 7th round of the 2006 draft? I don't see that he has an intimate knowledge of the colts playbook that will help us out too much.

Von Hutchins was a DB for the colts, he can probably help us out more than this new wr.

Go Rick Smith, yayuuhh!

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Z-man played with gusto, but not very well IMO. Porter seemed much more polished and would likely be the guy we sign if there ever arises a need. Sure hope that need stays away.

17. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I agree. In all likelihood, he'll probably just be another guy on the roster.

18. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Killings wasn't on the practice squad. He was an outright release and then resigned when Travis was hurting. Dreessen was released at that time.

Andre Davis is on the active roster, not on the practice squad either. He'll be active this week if Andre can't go, but it has nothing to do with the ps.

19. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

I'm curious as to why Mr. Smith wouldn't go back and get one of the guys that have been through camp to fill that spot. Did someone pick up Bethel or David Anderson? If it were as simple as just filling a roster spot for the practice squad then I think he would have grabbed one of them. I thought Bethel Johnson looked pretty good in camp. At least good enough to be on a practice squad. I guess he's inelligible. Obviously Keenan wouldn't fit there. As I"m typing this I think I'm answering my own question.

go Ricky go!

20. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

That makes a total of 4 Nigerians on the Texans, now. Who is next, Hakeem Olajuwon? :fans: