Rick Gosselin's rankings

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by bckey, Jun 11, 2006.

1. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

2. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

3. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

I'm glad he focused on everyone picking up someone else, while he focused on us losing our GM and coach. Apparently we've all been wrong, we didn't sign anyone through FA, we have no coach or GM, and we didn't have a draft. However, the Colts get number 2 for picking up Adam Viniteri (spelling terrible) and losing in the first round of the playoffs last year. Great round-up of the off season.

4. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Sucker bet says we'd be at least ten spots higher if we had drafted Bush. Any takers?

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Good ranking. Now hopefully lots of folks look past us.

6. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

We earned this disrespect with our record last year. Players who should of steped up and make plays didn't. Guys who should of had a couple of seasons left in the tank had the wheels fall of the wagon. This time of year, when guys are throwing "W's" up when they look at the schedule, should temper their passion with articles like this. Agreed: we had a great off season. If we'd done what the heard wanted us to do we'd of ranked higher. But make no mistake about it. We earned this disrespect. The positive ? We've got no wheres to go but up. We're definately under the radar. We sneak in two early upsets....

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah, I don't mind being underdogs. Teams might not prepare as hard when prepping for us and could have a tendency to underestimate our team. Hopefully we can capitalize on this and take advantage of the situation.

oh, and...uhhh...who is Rick Gosselin and why should I care? :howdy:

8. Dcol_79

Dcol_79 Rookie

what do you expect from someone in Dallas. He didnt mention how pissed off TO will be when stonehenge stops getting him the ball.

9. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Exactly my first thought.

I wonder how often preseason pollsters' #1 (or #32) finish there. I admit that I enjoy the power rankings, but in the end, they're meaningless.

10. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

Nice :brickwall

Sure...we earned our 2 - 14 record last year. But to put us behind several other teams in far worse positions than us (Detroit, SF, NY Jets) is silly.

I can't wait to send him a copy of this at the end of the year, along with a few job opportunities. Because writing about FOOTBALL is not something he should obviously be doing.

Cheers, Rick! :francis:

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

he seemed to not do his homework and put this together really quick. I believe as yall do as respect is earned and being in last place doens't help much, but yes ....for him to say the Texans don't need a better plan but better players.

I am not understanding his logic unless he is afraid the Texans might steal some thunder from the Cowboys and the Dallas morning news in the San Antonio area.

not sure of the wishy-washy analysis.. His analysis is actually below even yahoo's standards.

I for one am not mad at the 32nd ranking because we do actually deserve it until we show we are better than that..

12. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Especially in June! It is a long way until Sept - maybe not in months - but in player evaluations. This guy is just filling space until August.:rolleyes:

13. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

What a douchebag. Evidently they don't drug test where he works. Just looking at the '06 rankings, outside the top 4 (which a 1st grader could have done) it's a train wreck. Miami 5 and Denver 10??? This must have been found in the Sunday Comics section. Just too funny to be factual. And I even forgot to mention Arizona at 15!!!!:homer:
    Like others, I don't mind our ranking. It's the rankings of other teams that blows his list out of the water. That and the fact that the Texans eveidently added no talent this year, according to him. Then again, maybe LOSING the talent of Capers and Casserly can be considered a gain!!!

14. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

15. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Yes we did. Palmers, Pendry and Capers have been shown the door. Go back to ChickenHawk, I mean Eagle land.:shoot: LOL!!

16. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

Now you're being silly.

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

not sure Harry
    we upgraded the talent around him and we know Carr has the physial ability to make the throws, now if Kubiak can get his head on straight.

18. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

While I keep asking the same question, I only do it because there seems to be a lot of different opinions on the subject. Your's seems to be well thought out.:ok:

19. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Too bad we don't have Donovan "Choke & Puke" McNabb.

20. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

yea, that going to the SB thing 2 years ago would have been a little too much for you Oilers fans to handle, I feel ya.:homer: