Richie J at it again - blasts GM Rick Smith as insecure, vindictive

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Feb 3, 2009.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

As for GM Rick Smith, I don't think he's very good now and don't think he's going to be very good a decade from now. He's insecure, vindictive and has made one bad decision after another in free agency. In fairness, the Texans have drafted well.
    http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/02/post_19.html
    I dunno, but guess he's still miffed about Smith canning his buddy who was the Texans strength-coach/Trainer ?

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Sounds like your boy has an agenda with his blog entries.

Not going to give the guy a web hit here.

3. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I don't get the uh..."central point" of his article. He probably wrote a couple different ones for review, the Rick Smith bash, the Houston should feel humiliated because I say so, the I can't figure out if I'm going to bash McNair or not, and the I'm going to ***** about seat prices even though mine are cheap as free....then just mixed paragraphs in from each one until a minimal amount of cohesiveness appeared. DONE. PRINT. NEXT. ESPN INTERVIEW FOR 3.8 seconds.

How he gets away with such poor, poor journalism is beyond me. I mean, anyone can read it...I assume the people who own a newspaper company can read...don't they read their own paper? Don't they know he's just opening his noise-hole and letting whatever comes out just come out?

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It is simply a blog, not journalism.

5. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

He claims that his "blog" is a place for him to share his opinion and his "ariticles" are the real journalism. To me it's complete b.s., if you work at a news site and publish your articles on a news site you can't expect people to make out the difference between what you claim is objective journalism and which is your opinion. If you're going to blog about your disdain for someone do it off site, on your own page, on your own web site. He comes of as a baby and a *****, especially when he starts with the name calling.

It's just very schizo and growing really old. This is one that I won't read and I won't give the satisfaction of giving it a hit.

6. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I really think Justice is bi-polar. One minuite he's praising the organization and says they are headed in the right direction, then the other minuite he's blasting the owner who brought football back to Houston saying the team will go nowhere as long as Smith is GM.

Justice needs to be let go from the Chronicle. Nothing that I read of his has any volume or credibility to back up his actions. There's no wonder why most of the Astros organization hated him.

Shoot, when TC posts on her blogs...she backs up arguments with facts, not random guesses and wild comments. It's cold hard facts, the way people were used to reading articles.

Jackie Chiles likes this.
  7. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

This why the attack on Rick smith is without any legitimate merit. since Justice can't provide with any more details that the ex-strength coach did not agree with something Smith (his boss) wanted him to do, so to continue to publish the Rick Smith is insecure and vindictive is well insecure and vindictive. We don't have the details of how this was handled by either side and even if rick smith did not react in the best way, going against the boss' wishes generally does not end well for the individual

8. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

It really wasn't that long ago when he was saying they had the best management of the three franchises in town. I read his stuff because I read anything Texans related but I have found myself skimming through a lot of his pieces lately because I just can't tell when he is using his tongue-in-cheek style anymore. It really is mentally exhausting.

9. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I'll join the "not going to give the douche a web hit" club. Screw 'em, he's a joke, I'm not going to get fired up over his drivel. He just needs to be bitchslapped a time or two.

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

If you want to hurt him , tune him out . Heck go to Texans_Chick's blog on the same page and make comments by the dozen .

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Hey, another Justice thread......awesome. :rolleyes:

12. False Start

False Start On # 69

DAMN! :yikes: :heh:

I agree the guy is a nozzle. It sucks that we only have one paper in town.

13. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Both are exactly what I plan to do. I've learned my leason with RJ, neveragain.

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

He's just pissed cause his buddy Riley got the ax. We all know who's vindictive, and he uses "freedom of speech" to blubber his bulls*it!!

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

I have never gone to any of RJ's stuff. The only things of his that I have read is from the quoted snippets of his stuff that you guys paste into the posts.

I would never hit one of his masterpieces. I suggest everyone else do the same. Maybe we need a rotation, a system where one person a week (on here) dutifully goes and hits his stuff and then copies and pastes into this forum so we can catalog and discuss his latest tizzy. That way it's only getting one hit from the people who post here, helping to keep the hit count lower than normal.

LOL. "It's my turn to shovel RJ's poop. I hate being on call. But someone has to do it."

16. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I thought about writing a letter to the editor, as a foreigner interested in Houston sports (Texans specifically), his 'coverage' is borderline imbarrasing for the Chronicle.

17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I hate how he says Rick Smith had failure after failure in Free Agency. Who did he miss on. Demps came in almost ad midway and did a decent job, even earned Pro Bowl alternate, Cochran and Maddox came in and filled in nicely, Briesel came in 06 after the 3rd game of the season and has worked his way into being a starter, Andre Davis is the best kick returner we ever had and filled in nicely for AJ in 07(Mathis was pretty good for us too). Ahman Green was a gamble and though he didn't work out for us, he did do good things when he played. He had to take that risk even with Chris Brown because when you only have Darius Walker, Ron Dayne and Chris Taylor you have to take something.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

he just wants readers.

19. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Do any of the other Chronicle writers who have their own blog bash others as much as Richard Justice does? I only read a few of them, mainly Jonathan Feigen and Fran Blinebury. Sometimes McClain. I don't know if any of them publicly bash athletes, coaches, or GM's like Richard Smith does. It's one thing to criticize someone but Justice takes it to another level. It's pretty ridiculous.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I think Justice stinks.

Smith has done well with street FA's

Smith needs to fire Greir because Greir is going to be Smiths downfall if Greir continue to screw up UFA.

If the Texans want to keep their loyal fan base they need to get UFA & the draft right this year.

Fire Bobby Greir