Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Richard Smith/Hoke/Franklin - fired!!!

Phewwwww!! I thought you had really gone loco Brando!!:headhurts:

Must have been a Cowboy fan that posted such nonsense!! Trade Mario for ANYONE and Houston fans would go balistic!!

Gone? lol..... I edited my original post. It was either a Cowboys fan or a VY fan.

Sorry for the bad original post......

Talking about the Oline pass protection issues - does anyone know how many of those sacks were Ephraim Salam's? I know they were doing the whole switch every third series to help out Brown but I think early on Ephraim was saying how good the offense was when he was in (at least he claimed they scored everytime he was in - the first game or two). But I seem to remember him getting some big penaltys that stalled drives and at least giving up a couple of big sacks. Just curious how his stats were compared to Brown's in his limited action. I think he (Ephraim) is an okay backup but I'm not sure if he is really a Gibbs guy - I could see a draft pick or free agent pickup on the Oline (not a blockbuster but a solid player that fits the blocking scheme better).

Phewwwww!! I thought you had really gone loco Brando!!:headhurts:

Must have been a Cowboy fan that posted such nonsense!! Trade Mario for ANYONE and Houston fans would go balistic!!

weeeelll... if Belichick went nuts and offered up Tom Brady.....
:D

This is a great Christmas/New Years present for the Texans.

Now get an experienced DC and make the Texans a contender.

Just saw on ESPN Bottomline that Jethro Franklin is back coaching the defensive line a USC. Good for him that he's landed on his feet already.

I don't know if this was posted earlier but some comments suprised me

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6188021.html

Players anticipate future
Some were unprepared for Texans firings

“Sometimes you just need a new direction,” cornerback Dunta Robinson said. “We have to find a new direction. We need an identity. Are we going to be a man defense or a zone defense? Are we going to blitz or play safe? We need a (coordinator) who’ll make sure we know what he wants.”

“I’m not sure if it’s because of the sack numbers that (Franklin’s) gone, but I do know I’ve never been unprepared going into a game under him,” Weaver said.

that quote surprised me.. mainly because on road games the whole team looked unprepared at times

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much because most on here thought Bush was the pick. But alot of fans at least wanted Kubiak to interview other candidates before making the decision.

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much because most on here thought Bush was the pick. But alot of fans at least wanted Kubiak to interview other candidates before making the decision.

I know there weren't any interviews, but supposedly they at least did the research. The only things we hear about are the things that leak to the media and what they want us to know.

“Well, doing my homework, studying the guys that are out there, trying to go through things with (owner) Bob (McNair) and with (general manager) Rick (Smith), all my homework kept coming right back to Frank.

“It’s kind of been going on for the last couple of weeks, since we got finished. I talked to various coaches and studied the people that are out there available and what’s going out around the league. But at the same time, you have to look out for your staff and what’s happening right here in your building. So, just kind of putting all of those things together kept leading right back to (defensive coordinator) Frank (Bush) and really a credit to (owner) Bob (McNair) for us to put it together here today.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5101

For me, this is a make or break decision for Kubiak. If Bush comes in and actually puts together at least an average defense, then Kubiak probably gets a few more years. If Bush's defense just continues in the bottom 3rd of the league and we don't at least win more games, then I think Kubes is gone.

I'm hoping for the best.

Well, don't take me too seriously. I was just having fun with it.

The truth is that any predictions by any of us are really just wild ass guesses.

Back