Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rest of Season

gafftop

All Pro
Let Andre shut it down.
Play the other RBs MORE. Maybe even shut down Foster.
Find out if Leinart can play.
Learn something the rest of the year. Don't be a DA and worry about the last few games. Play for the future. PLAN FOR NEXT SEASON.

Let Andre shut it down.
Play the other RBs MORE. Maybe even shut down Foster.
Find out if Leinart can play.
Learn something the rest of the year. Don't be a DA and worry about the last few games. Play for the future. PLAN FOR NEXT SEASON.

Mario and Andre should be shut down. But, Kubiak is fighting for his job, so they will continue to play. Either that or McNair will tell him he is safe so he can shut them down and results won't matter.

Andre is still on pace to be the only reciever to reach 1500 yards 3 consecutive seasons. I think johnson should keep playing to beat that record.

Texans should lose all their remaining games and try to get as high a draft pick as they can. fire kubik hairs. and give all football operations to cowher.

Andre is still on pace to be the only reciever to reach 1500 yards 3 consecutive seasons. I think johnson should keep playing to beat that record.

Andre and Mario are hurt. If they keep playing they will only make it worse. Is the record worth it if we shorten AJ's career in the process? I'm going to go with no.

When have we ever DOne THat

Mcnair sould just get it over with tell Kubes his job is safe

and do everything u said

2nd in the entire 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers Lets find out what we Got

PLay Both Dano and Matt L each gets a half

Andre and Mario are too valuable to let them risk furthering their injuries. Give them a rest. OD as well. As for Leinart playing...ehhhh....no thanks. I don't wish to be reminded of Carr era Texans.

Well, Jon Gruden seems to like us. Is he setting himself up for a HC position?

Agh, I need to stop dreaming. No, but really. He never discounted the Texans and liked our potential. For real.

Well at least we still have the Titans game. Andre Johnson vs Cortland Finnegan Part II should be kinda entertaining.

i agree about shutting down mario- hes starting to really struggle anyway. let jamison and anderson play more. everything else caqn stay the same really. play kareem, OD etc through their growing pains/rustinesss

play AJ as long as hes ok with the shots- he deserves the record

Well, Jon Gruden seems to like us. Is he setting himself up for a HC position?

Agh, I need to stop dreaming. No, but really. He never discounted the Texans and liked our potential. For real.

He did say some good things, Cowher said some things about the talent on this team after the Jets game.

I don't think the Texans will rest players though, as long as they are mathematically in it they will keep at it, plus Kubes is used to this sort of thing having the team play now meaningless games.

Kubiak on the rest of the season:

"Our goal now is to get a win at Tennessee. Every game is still meaningful to us."
Who's "us"? The Kubiak family? This is garbage time in the NFL. Any Texans fan should recognize garbage time. It's when David Carr gets meaningless stats and Gary Kubiak picks up meaningless wins.

Who's "us"? The Kubiak family? This is garbage time in the NFL. Any Texans fan should recognize garbage time. It's when David Carr gets meaningless stats and Gary Kubiak picks up meaningless wins.

True, LOL

If Texans fans cant recognize meaningless wins by now they never will.

US must be the Texans PR staff.

True, LOL

If Texans fans cant recognize meaningless wins by now they never will.

US must be the Texans PR staff.

Absolutely correct. Would you prefer that they just give it up for the rest of the season? What else is he supposed to say?

This is why if the NFL will not add playoff teams or additional games to the season, teams that are eliminated from the playoff picture should be sent home early and the teams they where going to play get rescheduled to play another vacant team.

And if there is no vacant team then oh well that team gets an extra bi.

Absolutely correct. Would you prefer that they just give it up for the rest of the season? What else is he supposed to say?

They should never give up.

Kubes said what was expected. He's currently in a no win situation. Of course most of it was of his own doing.

What else is he supposed to say?
"Meaningful"? How are the remaining games "meaningful"?

Say you want to finish strong. Say the team won't quit. But saying that these games have meaning to anyone but himself is a crock. The Texans have lost 6 of the last 7 "meaningful" games. I know it's garbage time. Kubiak knows it's garbage time. So what I don't need is additional garbage spewing from his mouth.

Im so sick of Kubes Now after he said he going to try win these last 3 games

If mcnair stands for this he is just has stupid has a Owner

Kubes his going to run our starters into the ground

Schaub AJ OD mario and others are already Injured

He better hope the likes of a Cushing or Jackson dont get injured has well in these so called Meaningful games :mariopalm:

FIRE KUBES NOW

I am rarely on board with the idea of firing a coach before the end of the season, but right now I am. The last thing I want is Kubiak playing our injured players to try and save his job. Mario and AJ should be shut down for the season.

I am rarely on board with the idea of firing a coach before the end of the season, but right now I am. The last thing I want is Kubiak playing our injured players to try and save his job. Mario and AJ should be shut down for the season.

I agree with this, and McNair could go ahead and pull the trigger since our season is over anyway. Someone else suggested we use the last three games as pre-season games for next year and let the guys who never play get playing time while resting the starters. I think that would be a brilliant idea.

Completely agree with resting the teams' starters for the last 3 meaningless games.

We've been 'building through the draft' for years now with many players coming and looking good through Training Camp of their rookie season then never really getting the chance to see the field.

Time to give them a go, take the pressure off them by letting them know it doesn't count, and let them have a go.

You get to evaluate the talent of your backups, you have backups with starting experience which can only help next year when the inevitable injuries start piling up and even give guys like Slaton and one or two others that last chance to keep their place.

I know you just can't shut it all down but in the case of injured players we need to let them rest. Does AJ really care about personal records. I sure hope Kubiak doesn't start pounding Foster into the line just to win ****ing meaningless games.
Scenario 1 ; We don't play our injured players, lower the workload on Foster significantly, and bring up practice squad players to see how they perform in games, even let Leinart and Orv play. We lose 3 more games. What do the TEXANS as a team lose for the NEXT season our future. Not a damn thing.
Scenario 2 ; We try like hell to win last 3 games and AJ goes down or Foster goes down and we lose them for the next year trying to win worthless games.

You choose.

The only thing that matters now is NEXT year.

As a fan & homer, I painted myself into a corner. I've got a real conflict of interest with resting Andre Johnson. On the one hand, I want him to sit to avoid any further injury. On the other, I need him to catch 21 more passes this year to get to >100.5 total receptions. Las Vegas made me do it. :kitten:

Do you honestly think for one moment Andre is going to sit out, if you do you haven't been paying attention, Andre loves the sport and the team. He's a fighter and is always telling the coach he is going to play. He also deserves his 1500 yards. He has worked hard for them, and who knows when he gets them this year he may go on to the next level and by the time his career is over with he may be considered better than Jerry Rice.(that is when we win a Superbowl)

As a fan & homer, I painted myself into a corner. I've got a real conflict of interest with resting Andre Johnson. On the one hand, I want him to sit to avoid any further injury. On the other, I need him to catch 21 more passes this year to get to >100.5 total receptions. Las Vegas made me do it. :kitten:

LOL. Double up next year on Texans making playoffs if new coach or not making the playoffs if Kubiak stays. Good Luck

On the way to Austin a couple of weeks ago I passed through Dallas and heard a conversation on the radio that I think fits here:

They (including former linemen Nate Newton) were discussing Jason Garrett, the kind of job he was doing, and whether or not his job would be safe for next year.

They said that the key to whether or not his job is safe for next year hinges on whether Tony Romo comes back. They were adament that if Romo comes back before the season is over, then Garrett is playing for his job.

However, if Romo is kept out of the rest of the season, it means that Jones has told Garrett his job is safe and to evaluate the talent he has on the team.

I think the situation remains the same here. If Kubiak starts "evaluating talent" to end the season, McNair has told him not to worry about his job. If he plays everyone like his job depends on it, then...well, his job depends on it.

First off, those who think there will be a new coach next year are in for a rude awakening. Do I think he needs to go? Yes, but I don't think McNair's willing to buyout the remaining contracts of Kubiak, Smith and their entire staffs. And it's NOT because he's too cheap. If a new coach is brought in he'll be hamstrung by the CBA uncertainty. He won't be able to go out and get players he wants or get rid of the one's he doesn't want. A new coach would be sitting in his office doing absolutely nothing.

Secondly, these players get paid to play the game. If they're able to play at a high level then they will play. Hell, most players (like AJ) wouldn't think of shutting it down. Mario's case sounds a bit different because there might be a chance of worsening the injury. If that's the case I'm willing to sit him.

Thirdly, those that want the team to lose out are being ridiculous. I don't think I'd ever want that for my home team, even if we were 0fer at the time.

First off, those who think there will be a new coach next year are in for a rude awakening. Do I think he needs to go? Yes, but I don't think McNair's willing to buyout the remaining contracts of Kubiak, Smith and their entire staffs. And it's NOT because he's too cheap. If a new coach is brought in he'll be hamstrung by the CBA uncertainty. He won't be able to go out and get players he wants or get rid of the one's he doesn't want. A new coach would be sitting in his office doing absolutely nothing.

Secondly, these players get paid to play the game. If they're able to play at a high level then they will play. Hell, most players (like AJ) wouldn't think of shutting it down. Mario's case sounds a bit different because there might be a chance of worsening the injury. If that's the case I'm willing to sit him.

Thirdly, those that want the team to lose out are being ridiculous. I don't think I'd ever want that for my home team, even if we were 0fer at the time.

Isn't this the case For the Cowboys, Vikings, Broncos? Why were they not stopped by CBA uncertainty?

Isn't this the case For the Cowboys, Vikings, Broncos? Why were they not stopped by CBA uncertainty?

Those teams aren't too intimidated by the complexity of the decision or too conservative (whichever) to at least try to make meaningful change and improve quickly.

Will all their changes be successful? No, probably not. But they will have tried. Keeping Kubiak around another year isn't even trying. It's hoping that the team gets better through some sort of epiphany by the coaching staff. Barring that, they can be almost certain about being around .500 again and won't have risked a drop below average.

LOL. Double up next year on Texans making playoffs if new coach or not making the playoffs if Kubiak stays. Good Luck

I won the +8.5 win total last season. I've not fared so well on this season's bet on +8.5 wins. Nor am I looking too good on my bet for making the playoffs this season. I need ol' Schaubby to throw me 6 more TDs this year to win that bet of +25.5 touchdowns.
Yeah, I need to not visit Vegas in the fall right before the season starts. :kubepalm:

Texans should lose all their remaining games and try to get as high a draft pick as they can. fire kubik hairs. and give all football operations to cowher.

Thank God you're not an NFL head coach. I would love to see you go into the lockeroom and tell your boys that they should lose on purpose.

Keep playing. Finish 8-8. Until a rookie cap is in place, I want no part of a top ten draft pick. That's money we should be spending to acquire the top proven players that are out there.

Thank God you're not an NFL head coach. I would love to see you go into the lockeroom and tell your boys that they should lose on purpose.

Keep playing. Finish 8-8. Until a rookie cap is in place, I want no part of a top ten draft pick. That's money we should be spending to acquire the top proven players that are out there.

Yep, the rookie salaries generally mean top picks aren't worth it.

Tanking used to work in the NBA. Bad stuff.

I'll say it again, shut it down. Aj done, Foster done, Try to decide if you have a backup at QB. Think about the future. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. To do this you must make the playoffs, to do this you must win games, to do this you must have players. At least give the next coaching staff healthy players to work with. I don't say shut it down to improve our draft status. I say shut it down so we don't lose what quality players we have to injury next season or forever. What happpened to Foster could happen to Aj next as he continues to compensate for his injury. i think Schaub has been hurt all year.

Now that said if any of the players have performance clauses the RIGHT thing to do would pay off those incentives if the player is able to perform and they had a chance to reach if they played. The Texans need to think about NEXT year and evaluate the talent they have in game conditions. Kubiak and company are TERRIBLE at evaluating talent even when it is playing and practicing for them everyday. What is the latest I heard out of his mouth something about Sharpton should be in there all the time.

Now that said if any of the players have performance clauses the RIGHT thing to do would pay off those incentives if the player is able to perform and they had a chance to reach if they played. The Texans need to think about NEXT year and evaluate the talent they have in game conditions. Kubiak and company are TERRIBLE at evaluating talent even when it is playing and practicing for them everyday. What is the latest I heard out of his mouth something about Sharpton should be in there all the time.

It isn't even about incentives. The players want records too. Only one RB a year gets to lead the league in rushing. AJ could potentially do two things never done before - lead the league in receiving 3 years in a row (68 yds back right now) and have over 1500 yds receiving 3 years in a row (needs 284 yds). Kubiak acknowledged AJ and the team are aware of that and are going to make efforts to have one or both happen.

This won't happen because Kubiak is playing for his job. If he starts doing this, then you best worry about him coming back for another year...

Back