Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RESPECT BABY, RESPECT!!!!! Yeah!!!

marv800

Waterboy
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!! DECEMBER 13TH THE TEXANS HOST THE JAGUARS ON MNF!!!! OUR FIRST MONDAY NIGHT GAME EVER!!!!

THIS SEASON, THE TEXANS WILL ACCOMPLISH WHAT THE PATRIOTS COULDN'T... THE PERFECT SEASON!!!!

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 Bye
9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m.
13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m.

Late season division games will determine our playoff fate.

16-0, baybeeeeee!

It's too early for anything but unbridled enthusiasm.

Oh, and this isn't even counting the flex schedule rearrangements for when we're kicking ass and taking names.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just logged on to chron.com/sports and saw the headline and almost peed myself with shock and happiness.

I am stunned. I really thought this franchise would need a playoff appearance under its belt before we'd get a Monday night game, let alone a HOME GAME.

Go Texans!

For the sake of the RealJoker....I hope we can atleast go to the playoffs so he can get laid. Seriously, I feel bad for the guy. I wonder how he's doing on his oath?

For the sake of the RealJoker....I hope we can atleast go to the playoffs so he can get laid. Seriously, I feel bad for the guy. I wonder how he's doing on his oath?

Eh, no dude can go that long without doing a little EE ER, EE ER. If so, he must have enough hair on his palms for a 4 inch braid. EEWW :elle:

Eh, no dude can go that long without doing a little EE ER, EE ER. If so, he must have enough hair on his palms for a 4 inch braid. EEWW :elle:

I not only hope for the RealJoker's sake that the Texans make the play-offs, but ours as well... Didn't really need the hairy palm / 4" braid visual... :gun:

Geeze people... our first Monday Night in Houston game in 14 years.. can't we have a little bit of uninhibited enthusiasm?

It's tempered a bit by the fact IMO MNF has lost some of its luster. I mean when Kornheiser is in the booth witha purple plaid suit it makes it hard to take the announcers seriously.

I like it but it means nothing if we're not in the playoff chase at that point. On a positive point....Jags + battled red day = win.

:texflag:

I'm sorry, but I fail to see respect out of that schedule.

Its almost like they said, well...lets let the little non-winning team have a brutal front stretch of games, then reward them with only one prime-time game.

No thank you.

Did board members get a bulk discount on grumpy undies or something??

It's Monday Night Football, its exciting. Of course we get a brutal schedule we are in a brutal division, but you have to beat the best to be the best, lets celebrate a little.

It's Monday Night Football, its exciting. Of course we get a brutal schedule we are in a brutal division, but you have to beat the best to be the best, lets celebrate a little.

I think MNF has kind of lost some of its panache ever since going to ESPN.

Besides, I like Sunday night football games. I can be a little late for work Monday mornings with no worries. MNF, I have to take off half a day Monday and guess what??? I'll still be a little late getting in Tuesday morning... :gun:

I think MNF has kind of lost some of its panache ever since going to ESPN.

MNF has lost all of it's senority to Sunday Night Football and the elite cast of John Madden and Al Michaels.

Who knows what scrubs we'll get at MNF this year....hopefully something in the lines of Gumbell, Kornheiser, and Dennis Miller
:gun:

Agreed, but keep in mind, it's the middle of the offseason, and with the exception of the upcoming draft, it's another 3 months of nothing before anything meaningful happens. The natives are restless. Still, if you can't be stupidly optimistic this time of year, when can you? I mean, c'mon, we're on the verge of getting the best player in the draft at the #18 spot, Matt Schaub is preparing to come back from the only injury-shortened season he'll ever have, and Charles Spencer will be healthy in '08, and prove to be the next Anthony Munoz.

Life's to short to spend it pissed off about things that 1.) You can't do anything about and 2.) Don't matter that much anyway.

Life's to short to spend it pissed off about things that 1.) You can't do anything about and 2.) Don't matter that much anyway.

1)- Agreed, I can't do a dang thing about it.

2)- Don't matter is where I disagree. I want the best possible scenario for a team that I annually dump 3K a year into. I look at it as a investment to clear my head on the weekends and get away from reality, work, and other things. But when I see things I don't agree with...I think I've earned the right to kick/yell/and scream as much as I want to.

MNF has lost all of it's senority to Sunday Night Football and the elite cast of John Madden and Al Michaels.

Who knows what scrubs we'll get at MNF this year....hopefully something in the lines of Gumbell, Kornheiser, and Dennis Miller

Yikes!

Brutal schedule? This is our softest schedule to date imho. The Vikes, Pack, Lions, and Bears are ALL beatable. The Ravens, Bengals, and Browns are ALL beatable. That is 7 games right there that are very winnable. Add in Raiders and Dolphins and that is 9 very winnable games and all besides Kitna and Anderson are all against unproven and/or kinda scrubby QBs. Then we have the Steelers and our divisional schedule which are all tough. 9 very winnable games, 7 tough games 6 of which are in our division. I can't see how we could ask for more.

I think 10-6 could be a relatively easily attainable goal in 2008. We need to blitz the freaking QBs and put some fear into other teams this year. We are going to be playing some inexperienced QBs and Richard Smith better have something to throw at them besides uninspired troops and lame defensive schemes. I think this year is all about the defense. If Richard Smith continues to be a failure we could take a step back but I am going to try and be patient and hope RS can finally grow a pair and play aggressive.

that schedule actually looks pretty easy. im confident we will take the titans spot in the playoffs (obviously not just basing this on the schedule but it helps)

The really sad part about your post is that I can actually see BSPN going :user: .... "Here's an idea..... "

Y'all do realize that the Monday night game is more like the Sunday night games of yesteryear. The Sunday night game is now the biggie. In other words, it's totally switched. This isn't Madden and the MNF crew of old. This is ESPN, and nothing new at all. We have already had several Sunday night ESPN games, and this one is no different whatsoever, so can y'all calm down just a tiny wee bit. We haven't cured world hunger here.

Brutal schedule? This is our softest schedule to date imho. The Vikes, Pack, Lions, and Bears are ALL beatable. The Ravens, Bengals, and Browns are ALL beatable. That is 7 games right there that are very winnable. Add in Raiders and Dolphins and that is 9 very winnable games and all besides Kitna and Anderson are all against unproven and/or kinda scrubby QBs. Then we have the Steelers and our divisional schedule which are all tough. 9 very winnable games, 7 tough games 6 of which are in our division. I can't see how we could ask for more.

I think 10-6 could be a relatively easily attainable goal in 2008. We need to blitz the freaking QBs and put some fear into other teams this year. We are going to be playing some inexperienced QBs and Richard Smith better have something to throw at them besides uninspired troops and lame defensive schemes. I think this year is all about the defense. If Richard Smith continues to be a failure we could take a step back but I am going to try and be patient and hope RS can finally grow a pair and play aggressive.

So could 6-10. If they don't get the o-line patched by the end of camp...the've got no way to protect the back seven on defense. I hope they do....very real possiblity they go 1-5 out of the gate. Gibbs better be a genius. they lose a Dt or two the last half they'll be in trouble.

Son of a $^#%#&&%$

A Monday night game and 2 Sunday afternoon games? That's it - I'm moving back.

I should have two tickets for sale. My college age son won't be able to make it. It is going to kill him, BTW.

SOLD! (i just read about your new seats and they're much better than mine lol)

some of yall are just no fun. this is a big deal seeing as we havent had a monday night game in the later half of my life. sure it's not al and frank and dan (or madden) calling it - but who cares when you're THERE! battle red, monday night, against the team we play our meanest and best games. come gametime i'm 100% sure there wont be anyone saying "who cares, it's only monday night football" ... especially when andre johnson has a campbell-esque performance.

i'm in the koolaid ... 19-0 baby!!!

:fans: :texflag: :texans: :texan: :logo:

Back