Reported: Jacoby Jones Arrested

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by AnthonyE, Mar 16, 2008.

1. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Hey all, I just got word from my stepdad (who's a HPD officer) that one of his policemen buddies just arrested Jacoby Jones for DWI.

I doubt this news is out yet, but what do ya'll make of it, and what potential consequences are there for him?

2. Line_Producer

Line_Producer Party Rocker

DUI's are terrible, though I can think of a lot worse things. I drive a motorcycle, so I hate drunk drivers more than most. Not sure where this paragraph is going, but I can't see any real repercussions coming from this from the Texans. Probation for a few years, no license for a few months. Eh. Get a chauffeur.

Wish I had something useful to contribute. Take a cab, JJ.

3. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

If this is true...that's too bad. If its a first offense, its a misdemeanor that will likely have him pay a fine and I think maybe a little probation.

If you kill someone in a DUI accident, you can get up to 20 years prison time per person that is killed.

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Not seeing anything at the Chronicle yet, but we'll see I guess.

5. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Will edit title to make it clear that is a rumor and will track thread closely. If nothing comes of this a relatively short time frame will close thread.

6. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

1st offense

Texas Criminal Status: Class B Misdemeanor

Jail: Minimum 72 hours, or 6 days if open container is present.

Texas DWI Fines/Costs: Fine not to exceed $2,000. Other administrative and evaluation fees may be assessed. TX imposes a “surcharge” for a DWI on top of regular fines. The surcharge is $1,000 per year for three years for a first DWI offense and $2,000 if the person’s BAC level was double or more the legal limit (.16). Texas License Suspension: Yes, 1 year. Attending DWI Education class may avoid this. Occupational license may be granted based on need.

Violation of Zero Tolerance Law: N/A

Texas Conditional License: A conditional, or occupational license, may be issued based on "essential need" and usually only when the court orders an offender into alcohol assessment/rehabilitation. Offenders who have been granted occupational licenses within 10 years are ineligible. For definitions of “essential need”, see Transportation Code Section 521.241.

Vehicle Impound: None

Texas DWI School: First time offenders must complete a 12 hour DWI Education Program within 180 days of when probation was granted or risk having their license revoked.

Texas Probation: Terms of probation decided by judge or jury.

Texas Community Service: 24 hours required, but no more than 100 hours.

7. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Thanks for the exact stats...I was trying to recite from memory.

8. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Understandable.

Sorry for getting a tad bit off topic, but the guy who arrested him according to my step-dad (His name's Zach, I played FF with him this past year) took a look in JJ's phone and he had Ocho Cinco's number, along with a few others. :o Pretty cool that a 4th string WR would have his number, imo.

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I guess any Bengal would be a good source for legal representation. They would know the in and outs of getting arrested for stupid stuff.

How stupid can this kid be? You make good money - call a damn cab. Why risk a DUI?

10. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Which reminds me, the cop found a check stub in his car, 750,000 dollars. O_O

11. Xetuoh1836

Xetuoh1836 Rookie

I hope it's not true and I agree the thread should be removed if a credible source cannot be found (not saying your info. is "incorrect" AnthonyE or that your making this up)! I just want to see a "publication", whose credibility is on the line (and not on an internet message board) confirm this. :shades:

12. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Are you calling me a liar?!

rofl, jk. No, I realize that a story like this is very likely to not be true. However, because I believe (while some may not) my stepdad and his friend, who I know as well, to be credible sources. Trust me, if I were one of you and heard this from a 3rd hand source, I'd be just as skeptical.

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

It would take a while for this story to break into main stream, if true, being as who is Jacoby Jones?

Best bet would be local police blotter.

Dunno...

14. Revolution

Revolution All Pro

This thread should be removed until a more concrete source can be found. Unless AnthonyE's stepdad's friend (sounds like my brother's cousin's brother's best friend to me) is willing to step forward...

This is a guys rep we are talking about here...

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Everybody relax, it says RUMOR in the title, Arilington Texan has already stepped in and said how it will be handled and aptly I might add. I think everyone here can discern what is going on. There are a few hundred loyal fans on here and that's about it, that would defend him if it is not true. His rep is fine at the moment.

16. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

hence the rumor :)

17. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

This is how the garbage about Jeff Alm started. People still fervently believe it's true, even though it's the complete opposite of true.

18. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

And Richard Gere likes geribals....I understand what you are saying, I think it is being managed properly by the Mods, we don't want this to be true. Most of us anyway *looks over shoulder for Blazing Arrow*. I sincerely hope this is not the case also.

I am pretty a skeptical person generally speaking anyway.

Jeff Alm? I have no clue what was said there, first I have heard of it.

19. Revolution

Revolution All Pro

The whole point is that people will pass this on and eventually the rumor part will fall out of the "translation" as it makes the story more "interesting".

I am positive that tomorrow, one of the sports talk shows will have a caller that asks about JJ's arrest.

20. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Must have been a rumor in the Houston area. It involved Alm and his "buddy".