Report: Tatum Bell visiting Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JWarren14, Sep 2, 2008.

1. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Career
    47 games
    525 attempts
    2524 yards
    4.8 ypc
    68 long
    14 TDs
    7 Fumbles
    5 Lost

Scouts Inc.
    What do you guys think about giving him a shot? His most productive season was 2006 when he rushed for 1,025 but only 2 TDs. I think he would be a fit but dont know who we would release.

2. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

We'll give him a call after Green gets hurt in the first game.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'd already have him in for a tryout to gauge what kind of shape he's in. He was in camp with Detroit and they cut him but that doesn't mean anything. When was the last time anyone really believed that the Lions had clue one about personnel?

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

per profootballtalk.com

5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Tatum Bell, you have stolen my heart.

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Well I guess my previous post on this thread can be disregarded. He might have experience in this offense but he's also apparently a turd. Scratch one Tatum Bell.

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I really like this Tatum fella'. He's got charm.

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Kinda like O.J. in the old Hertz commercials

GO TATUM GO

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I wished he would have stolen my recording tracks"

signed,
    James allen

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

LOL what in the hell is going through the guys head. If he gets another job in the NFL I will be shocked.

11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Seems like the Cowgirls might want to take a look at him. Or possibly the Bengals.

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

So I went to check out profootballtalk.com b/c that story of Bell stealing the bags certainly couldn't be true and found this...

I think this is a good move. Not sure who I would cut to keep him... or even if I would in the first place, but I suspect they are bringing him in to just take a look at him, his condition, see where his heads at, buy some of Rudi's belongings, and keep him in the back of our head if he's still available during the season. As mentioned, if Green gets injured we're stuck with Taylor and a slightly injured Slaton. Smart move to look.

13. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

ugh, I would much rather keep Ahman than Tatum Bell. I would rather keep Walker than both of them

14. leebigeztx

leebigeztx Hall of Fame

If that's true about bell, then that's sad to see. I actually think he's a good 225 carry back. He can break long runs, he's not the toughest runner inside, but he can go at anytime. I still think he will be brought in for a look and signed after the 1st game. Teams do that so they don't have to guarantee the contract.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

what are the odds this thread gets moved back Texanstalk section? :gun:

Gibbs coached him, enough said.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080903/SPORTS0101/809030335/1004

17. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

From a performance standpoint, I think he's probably okay, but if healthy (Yeah - I know), I still think Green's better, and if Green's not healthy, I don't think Bell warrants reducing Taylor's role. If he's just depth after Taylor, then I don't think there's anyone on the roster that I would waive to add him.

As far as the luggage stealing thing goes, it's absolutely a character concern if this guy would stoop to doing something like that, but it's even more of an intelligence concern if it even occurred to him that doing something like that would ensure his roster spot with the Lions. Sounds exactly like something George Costanza would do. "Elaine - Steinbrenner's interviewing my replacement, but if you'll stash these suitcases for me, he won't have any clothes, and he can't work if he's naked".

Silver Oak likes this.
  18. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

Could this mean bad things for Slaton's turf toe? Or maybe a just-in-case

19. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Insurance for A.Green. If Green goes down then that means there is no vet. presence in the backfield and I think Gibbs and Kubes like having a vet in the backfield.

20. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Well all the Texans have right now is a banged up Amaan Green who might or might not be ready for the season, and will get hurt at some point even if he is. We have a young Slaton who should be pretty good, but won't be an every down back. Then we have Taylor who will also be at FB as well. Not exactly a running trio to be real excited about.

I wouldn't mind the Texans signing Bell. He played pretty well and had his best season in a RB committee in Denver like two years ago and is obviously familiar with Gibb's system, so I think that he could help the team some.

Personally, if we had Slaton playing well and Tatum Bell playing like he did in Denver two years ago which is certainly possible, I think adding Dayne back to the bunch wouldn't be a bad idea at all because then you have two scat backs that should be able to get you some yards and Ron Dayne for short yardage situations and possibly to punish other team's defenses at the end of games when defenses get a little tired. I would feel a little bit better about our running game with Slaton, Green, and Tatum Bell back there.