Report: Shanahan, Redskins in talks

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Kaiser Toro, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4753860

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Zorn's predicament reminds me of Kubiaks, especially since they look so much alike.

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Shanahan will be here or Dallas. I also think both owners can get Chucky out of his newly signed announcing gig. Reports in Dallas is if Wade goes, they want one of those two.

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Little Shanny moves to the Redskins and then we bring in another OC? This very possible move helps with the Kubiak purge should we get to that point.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Do you really think Little Shanny goes to work for Daddy? I just don't see that. Although if it did happen, I can tell you I'd be closely following the 'Skins next year to check it out. I always love cheering for the team playing the Cowpatties, it would be interesting to actually have a team in that division that I actually follow. Right now, I don't really care anything about the other three teams in the Cowturds division.

Speaking of which, what is Little Shanny's contract situation? Anyone have any info on that?

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have not seen anything on the contract, but have never seen that as a detractor for coordinators to move on. Moreover, we have had three OC's in Kubiak's four years.

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i'm not sure how well Bruce Allen and Gruden got along. they certainly didn't do any drafting or signing like they had any connection at all

8. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

Mort was just saying on ESPN that Allen was hinting that Lil Shanny is expected to go to Washington if daddy gets the job.

9. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I thought junior wanted to get out of dad's shadow and make it on his own, that's why he went to another team to go through the ranks.

10. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

It's possible that his supercharged passing offense shines well enough cast a bit of a shadow of his own.

Having said that,

I just don't see it. To me, unless he's going to get a OC/AsstHC title with big time Snyder money I don't see how it's a step forward. If anything it is a step sideways and slightly back. I just don't see dear ol' dad giving him the kind of freedom he probably expects from Kubiak. It's speculation, but seems logical enough to me that he stays here.

11. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

I see it the other way.

Old Shanny will see that Li'l Shanny has done a good job here.

Li'l Shanny knows that Kubes isn't likely to relinquish full control of the Denny's menu any time soon.

Li'l Shanny bolts to go play with Dad because Dad will let him hold the Denny's menu and order what he wants off of it.

12. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Kubiak is doing exactly what Shanahan did with him as OC. And what is with all the carping about the play sheet? Every team has one and if the HC is offensive minded they usually carry them.

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I don't get that either. Belichick has his game sheets. I've never seen Sean Payton without his "Denny's Menu" and they're 13-0. Those "Denny's menu" digs are plain just silly.

14. Fred

Fred All Pro

You are right, but I think it's also silly the way they hold them up in front of their mouth when they talk. Your play calling isn't that good that anyone other that Belcheat is going to read your lips. And he has probably already has a scanner locked in on your radio channel.

I don't think it helps Lil Shanny to work for Daddy. Unless Kubiak gets soaped, I think he stays here.

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Lil Shanny has more job secuity in Washington than in Houston.

Snyder will probably give him more money and promised him the HC job. If things go well and in a few years when Shanny Sr retires.

If he doesn't get a HC job with another team in a couple of years.

16. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think Jerry Jones hires his offensive coordinators first, then he hires his head coaches.