Report on Schaub?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Has there been an official report on Schaub's latest injury and how long he's out?

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I haven't seen one. Me...and i dunno and I'm not in the room...I'll take the over on the second degree seperation. Which would mean, Kube's grauded optimism
    on Seeing MS again this season is prety much a prayer to God. He won't be opening pickle jars anytime soon much less be locked and loaded to absorb more punishment this seaon. JMHO.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I bet he doesn't play the rest of the season. Just a hunch on my part. No way does Kubiak risk his starting QB, especially before that 2nd pick is even used! We have a patchwork line, which is even in worse shape now with two more taken out for the year. I just can't see them putting MS in a position to get hurt again, which is bound to happen when he's not 100% healthy and that swiss cheese line can't block to save their lives.

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Just don't tell Sage why he's playing :)

5. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

It sounded semi-optimistic that he will be back before the season is over. I hope so anyway.

6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I want to see him play. Carr went back out there with a similar injury (but to his throwing shoulder). Favre will be going out there with a shoulder injury this week. I want to see some toughness from Schaub.

7. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

Plus, he would get more experience and show the guys that he's not going throw this season away.

8. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I have a feeling Schaub will rest during TB, Denver, and Indy and then make his return for the last game against the Jags.

9. Spike

Spike Veteran

I think you make a good point, but the counter argument is that the punishment that Carr took when he came back may have ruined him. We have made a long term investment in Schaub, so we need to consider the risk/reward with throwing him back out there when he has taken some shots this seasons, battled with some injuries and will be playing behind a line that is missing 3/5 of its starters and a primary back-up.

I'd like to see him get back at there simply because, at this point in his career, ever start is valuable experience.

10. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

Don't expect him to play this week. Sage is currently "penciled in"

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Gotta be careful this time.

We don't want to have an all encompassing :deadhorse.. Schaub thread in 2009.

:coffee:

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

All I can say is that I'm gonna send up a few extra prayers for Sage tonight, and tomorrow!!! He's gonna need some DEVINE intervention if he's gonna make it though tomorrow without a major injury. I wonder what's going through Boyds mind right now!

13. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

The only Report i have on Matt Schaub is that he is trying to take the copyrights of the Fragile word from Fred Taylor so no more fragile fred it will be fragile Matt.:texflag: