Report: Favre Re-thinking Retirement

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texan Asylum, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Since we always seem to get Denver or Green Bay players, perhaps... :)

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) -Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327555

3. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

IF and by IF i am meaning pretty much no chance he does come back why another team? they went 13-3 and started to mesh well later in the year. I don't see any team that needs a QB offering him a sniff of the SB except GB again.

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

That story wasn't filed on April Fool's day was it?

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Ugh. All I know is the "you can quote me on that" thing is sinking ever closer to the level of the "guarantee."

6. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I'm sure he would like to get one more ring even if he isn't a starting QB.