Replay:Texans versus Cleveland 11/25/07

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, May 29, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

oops this sunday at 3 pm

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

No worries. I think the Texans missed the time of that game too.. :(

4. NBT

NBT Veteran

Thanks. Good information for those of us who are feeling pro footbal deprived right about now.

They were pretty beatup by that game.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

How is this game one of the best of the 2007 season? I know even Brown fans would say that wasn't one of the best of the 07 season.

How come NFL network never shows our game against Denver?

I know I sound like a whiny fan but I'd like to see our game with us winning too.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

are they doing it by the week? I thought i heard "best of week 12" but could be wrong, I was just excited the Texans were playing

if it is by the week Denver-Houston better be on sometime later

schedule only goes to june 1st
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/netwo...d=selectedMonth&selectedDate=05%2F29/2008

7. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

We did have our highlights. Seems like we went up 7-0 with a Schaub to Walter TD. If OD doesn't cough up the football we could have gotten back into the game. I'll be watching as the off-season to long. It is getting shorter at least.

8. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

They show the best games from each week of the season...we'll have to wait till week 15 if they show the Denver ass whipping the Texans gave.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I doubt they show the Denver game.
    No drama.
    They like to show the games that went down to the wire or where somebody set a record, like when Peterson went for 200 yds.

10. adam

adam Guero

Well, there's the whole Kubiak returning to Denver to take on Shanahan during prime time thing. Mario also put up 3.5 sacks in that game. I don't see a reason (outside of media hatred of the Texans) that the game wouldn't be replayed.

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

That game was Bulls**t!!

That first turnover , the deflection out of Owen's hands was due to pass interference. That should have been a Texans first down not a turn over. There was some other terrible call I can't recall that really changed the momentum.

I consider that game a win for the officials. The Texans were 9 and 7 last year in my book!!!!!

I can't wait until all the Cleveland hype ends when they end up 6 and 10 in 2009!!!!

13. SOLIS

SOLIS United We Stand

I hated that game.

We couldn't stop the run in the second half. They pounded the ball down the field, controlled the clock, and pretty much wore out our front four.

Check out this excerpt from
    the Browns second drive of the third quater:
    1-10-CLE 42 (12:21) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 43 for 15 yards (34-V.Hutchins, 32-F.Bennett).
    1-10-HOU 43 (11:24) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 38 for 5 yards (59-D.Ryans).
    2-5-HOU 38 (11:03) 29-J.Wright right tackle to HOU 28 for 10 yards (56-M.Greenwood).
    1-10-HOU 28 (10:22) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 23 for 5 yards (32-F.Bennett).
    2-5-HOU 23 (9:44) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 13 for 10 yards (34-V.Hutchins).
    1-10-HOU 13 (8:57) 29-J.Wright right guard to HOU 10 for 3 yards (24-C.Brown, 96-E.Cochran).

They ran the ball six plays straight without even sniffing 3rd down. 48 straight yards on the ground. Although they only got a field goal out of that drive, it was the turning point in the game.

Man, I was pissed...

14. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

I like the game replays.

The only thing I wish NFLN would do is just list the game "Texans @ Browns Nov, 25,2007" only. I have to try to look away before they show the results. Obviously I know the result of this game, but not the others that will air.

My kid love the Manning boys. I know... I know...she gets it from her mama....what can I do?

Anyway...they ran the big Indy comeback on MNF vs Tampa the other night. I lied to her and told her it was the first "spring pre-season game" and laughed at the Colts losing so bad. When they came back and won she was all in my face. Then I showed her the listing that said it was from 2000....lol

15. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Yep, pretty much our inability to stop jamal lewis in the 2nd half when they had a lead is what killed us. Also, AJ had a very off game as well (Leigh Bodden was the one doing the covering on him I beleive).

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.

17. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i think it was brandon macdonald actually... i seem to remember browns fans raving about their rookie afterwards

18. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

It's on right now.

Wow, judging by the first quarter you would think that the outcome of the game would have been a lot different. We were dominating.

Didn't see the other thread. lol

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I can't do it......I just watched the first half of the replay and it reminded me of how many points we left on the field, Houston should've put that game away early. It just made me sick watching it all over again, I had to turn it off.

20. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Perhaps the reason why the staff is pushing along Frank Okam quickly.