Reminiscing on the good times...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I've watched this whole video now at least 10 times. I miss the days of when I actually had hope about the Texans.

2. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

I really don’t get it. You all reminisce about these awesome teams from back then. Yet the architect of these teams, Rick Smith, is said by you all to have been a terrible gm. So which is it?

ShinobiMusashi likes this.
  3. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Kubiak was as much or more the architect, with input from Wade. RS wasn't a supply the groceries GM, more fetch them.

Mangler likes this.
  4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

When did you have hope?

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

When Schaub was still good-Schaub along with AJ and Arian Foster. They were exciting to watch.

6. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

I had hope from 2011 up to the game against the Seahawks at NRG in 2013. After that, all hope was lost. Those 2 seasons (and some change) were something else. Mainly because this was the most successful we have ever been up to that point. Hell, those teams look miles ahead of the garbage play calls/scheme-non-scheme buttchin has showcased since his arrival in 2014.

TexansFight and ShinobiMusashi like this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yet they still didn't score as many points as the Texans did this past year. Except for one season.

You don't consider Watson/Hopkins/WFV/Coutee fun to watch?

CWTexansFan and ShinobiMusashi like this.
  8. mws

mws Rookie

I have hope every season until proven otherwise. If I didn't I would have quit watching years ago.

9. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Although this question isn’t for me, I’ll give my own personal opinion. I think Watson/Hopkins/WFV/Coutee are fun to watch, but I can only imagine how much more explosive they’d be if they were operating under an offense that actually had an identity. Like Kubiak’s. While I’m not one to pretend Kubiak was this offensive mastermind, I give him his props cause he could probably scheme a turtle open in his offense. Something buttchin can’t do even with the fastest receiving group in Texans history, and with the best (dual threat) QB Houston probably has ever had. No offense to Warren Moon.

Any success our QB and speedy receivers have had is a testament to them while playing for such a dlckless stubborn coward of a HC.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM
    Thorn and infantrycak like this.
  10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

They can be fun to watch, but I don't think the Texans can or will do anything as long as OB is still here.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

A dickless coward of a HC?

What did you expect from the offense last year? I guess this is a matter of perception, with this OL BOB exceeded my expectations last year. I maintain this was a 3 yr rebuild from the beginning.

However that timeframe could've been speeded up if the Texans weren't such a cheap ass org. Of course it's really hard to blame anybody but Cletus for this since they don't even have a GM.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This is the exact feeling I had when Smithiak was here and the feeling I'm starting to get with Cletus/BOB.

A truly rudderless ship. But I'm willing to give BOB his 3 yr rebuild.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You probably should stop or start rooting for a org that does everything possible to put the best product it can on the field. No more of this Not Texans Worthy crap.

Nothing has changed from Smithiak leaving or the old man dying. Except now we have a really dumb/entitled owner.

Hey Cletus it's obvious you're in over your head, talk your mother into selling the team.

14. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

No, no. Kubiak sucked too, from what I remember reading on here. And that's why he was fired: he was holding the team back.

There was much rejoicing when Houston hired the guy who went 15-9 in 2 seasons at Penn State.

15. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

lol....get a grip. Watson isn't so much as a pimple on Moon's ass right now. Good Christ.

I really think some of you people have all these hopes and dreams built up in your head, and then start talking like it's a reality. Watson has not proven jacks**t; don't ever put him in the same sentence as an NFL hall of fame legend like Warren Moon.

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Moon's 1st 3 seasons look like a pimple on Watson's ass. Miserable completion %, few TDs, more INTs (led the league in his 3rd season with double his TDs), and less rushing in 3 years than Watson last year alone.

TexansFight, CWTexansFan and Mangler like this.
  17. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

:spit:

Warren moon and Deshaun Watson walk into a bar...... and wondered why one is not to be in the same sentence as eachother...

I wonder if Warren Moon is aware of his apparent god status that none shall be mentioned with his own name....

As religions go, I always forget. Is it okay to draw the form and likeness of Warren Moon or is that an act worthy of stoning to death?

18. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Just for your information, Son, Warren Moon was the worst excuse for a QB who ever got overrated.

CWTexansFan, steelbtexan and Mangler like this.
  19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Lead his team to the worst playoff choke in NFL history.

Think about that for a bit.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The only thing Moon ever proved was that he was an epic choke artist.

Watson has more clutch in him than Moon ever had.

Seegara, TexansFight and Mangler like this.