Reminiscing on the good times...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Remember when we were treated to a hell of an opening day September 12, 2010? Although it seemed like a one man show, Vonta Leach (Full Back) did a hell of a job ramming anyone who tried to get to Arian Foster, keeping the lane clear for him pretty much regularly. The offensive line showed up to play, and played hard!

231 yards on 33 carries, including 3 TD. Boy were we spoiled by Arian Foster.

Here’s a quick summary vid. For those with ADD, don’t you worry. It’s not a long video at all. I promise! Anyway, good times...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Ah, those were the good ole days! We hiad an OL, a FB, and an OC.

ATXtexanfan, TheKDog and Mangler like this.
  3. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

We went 6-10 that year.

4. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Ok? It was also the ushering of a new era. We finally broke through the following season and made it to the play offs for the first time, EVER. Everything finally started coming together and we had some good runs. (By Houston football standards.)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Broke through?

LOL

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Making it to the playoffs for the first time was a pretty big deal for Houston football. All we had was failure before that. Losing season after losing season. By the way, this thread is about reminiscing on good times, as it reads. You may have your own personal ones, and judging by your posts hoping and praying that Watson suffers a broken neck just so you can say "I told you so," I'm almost certain a good time for you was when Schaub got his foot destroyed.

7. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Look at whose being the Debbie downer now.

8. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

Can’t state a lie. That record was real. BTW the “run” just ran for two years and culminated in what I feel was one of the most disappointing seasons given the hype of a 12-4 record. When all your supposed ducks are in a row and you crap out late in the season to lose your #1 seed while exposing the fans to the letter jacket junk, that season ended up feeling horrible because that letdown just seemed insurmountable and I believe was instrumental in BG’s remake attempt on the size and style of our roster. This is ground zero for all my optimism...building through the draft and drafting for need is the foundation to build on.

9. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Watching games, we were more competitive that year than any year in the Bill O'Brien era, even with a historically terrible defense.

That season was so incredibly frustrating. Especially the stretch of San Diego, Jacksonville and New York which we all lost in ridiculously unfathomable ways. I even punched a hole in my wall after the Jets game.

And it was still better watching those games than anything during the Bill O'Brien Era of Impotence where even division titles didn't mean legitimacy, relevance, or ability to compete.

TexansBull, ObsiWan, KA4Texan and 2 others like this.
  10. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

What the hell did us going 6-10 that year have you do it with Foster having a monster game? Now, I’d understand if the topic was talking about the season record, but your “we went 6-10 that year” response was pointless. I guess you didn’t understand the topic or something. That’s my bad, I’ll try I explain a little more sloooowly next time.

11. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

What the hell did us going 6-10 that year have to do with that game being Foster’s coming out party? I’d understand if the topic was about the season record, other than that, your “we went 6-10 that year” response was pointless. I guess you didn’t understand the topic. That’s my bad, I’ll try to explain a little more slooowly next time!

12. ShinobiMusashi

ShinobiMusashi Veteran

I'm one of those Texans fans that has a bunch of good memories. People on this message board are about as miserable as I've ever seen lol, I can imagine they live in squalor and their lives really suck they never get any vagina and work at a fast food joint, this is the picture some of you guys paint for me with your constant misery haha. Way to go Mangler I like the old school posts/threads, sure beats the whole lot of nothing that is going on right now on this message board. The good times should definitely be celebrated more you just don't see it around here those who do it usually get shot down by haggle load of involuntary celibates that dominate this message board.

Sure there has been a lot to be down about but I've had a lot of good times too I've been a diehard since the first 2 preseason games in Reliant in August 2002 and have piled up a lot of good memories over the last 17 years. That stomping of the Colts on opening day 2010 was a good one. Didn't realize it until lately how much of a ******* monster Vonta Leach was, ******* glorious fullback, that's the kind of football I like.

13. ShinobiMusashi

ShinobiMusashi Veteran

It was just so glorious of a beat down, after the Colts had owned us so many times for 9 years before it. That 2010 offense was really something looking back. The Monday Night game against the Ravens I have recently gone back to rewatch on NFL Game Pass, our offense was on the level where they could make a comeback against that Ravens D where they had like a 95 and a 99 yard drive against Suggs, Reed, Lewis et al to tie the game up and put it into overtime. Of course Schaub threw the pick six to lose the game but those 2 drives where clutch as **** and really said a lot about how good that offense was and how good it could have been.

ObsiWan likes this.
  14. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Ok here's one that I know a lot of people won't agree with me on but the off season where we signed Osweiler was a high point for me. In hindsight it was a disaster but for that one, shining off season everything was coming up Texans. For the first time ever Texans had gone out and gotten the best they could and actually outbid and out maneuvered another team and not just any team but the defending champions with a HoFer as GM. Stop and think about that, we signed away Manning's heir apparent from the SB winning team that was going to largely be intact.

Not only that but everything showed that Osweiler was a serious starter, he went toe to toe with Brady and NE and won. He did get benched for Manning but you could have made a case that it wasn't his fault on that. On top of all this we signed Miller who had made us look like a Benny Hill skit when we had played Miami then we drafted a speed demon of a WR that was going to force teams to cover him and finally allow Nuk to only have a 1v1 match up which he could win almost every time. So in one off season we signed a shiny new QB that looked like he was on the verge of being a top shelf QB, maybe not elite but good enough to put points on the board given who his WR were, a new RB that made us look like fools when we played against him and he wanted more carries and wanted the ball and a new WR that was a perfect second to Nuk.

Yeah that was a fun off season...…………..to bad the actual season sucked.

15. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

Foster did have a great game and IMO was easily the best RB, when healthy, we’ve had. But his debut paled in comparison to Watson’s. And nowhere after that late blowout season did I ever manage an ounce of optimism as I now have seeing a healthy DW with a super QB coach that coaches to his style. That 2012 season was the tipping point for me. We were exposed and pummeled late. Finesse O and soft D.

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  16. frethack

frethack Veteran

Foster is my favorite Texan of all time. The Baltimore playoff game in 2012 is his signature moment in my eyes, even though it was a loss. He carried us through 2011 and 2012...just a monster.

Without the soft tissue injuries, he may have been a HOFer. He was run into the ground those first three years.

Mangler and austins23 like this.
  17. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Going back to some tired old sh!t that you couldn't understand that I didn't literally mean I wanted him to get his neck broken. I should have been more specific for the mentally challenged I guess.

My favorite Texans game was watching a Yates lead team beat Cincy in Cincy to make the playoffs with fellow TT members at Bubba's.

TexansFight likes this.
  19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This is going to be a short thread.

20. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Yeah and when we snapped their undefeated streak. We should sign Yates to a one year contract any year we play the Bengals.

steelbtexan likes this.