Remember our first season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by afcman, Aug 14, 2006.

1. afcman

afcman Veteran

Remember the excitement? The first game? Remember the first time you saw the new stadium? We gotta get that back. I hope this season is the start of the road back.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Season 1 excitement was easy to get. It didn't matter who was on the team, who was coaching the team, etc. We had an awesome new stadium and football in Houston. Thats enough to get everyone pumped.

This year is going to be a rebuilding process. Its like in a relationship. Trust is there from the start, but if you break it, it takes time to build it up again. Excitement for football in season 1 was a given, but the terrible coaching regime ruined it for us,and now its going to take time to build it to that level again. We boarders are already there, but the rest ofthe public will take a little time. They'll come around if coach Kubes keeps up his success!

3. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

texanpride
    I got to agree with you, BUT I am thinking a 4-0 preseason followed by another defeat of Cowboys would really get things to rockin texanpride

4. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

when we beat Indy we will be on our way. the one thing I like maybe more than the O-line performance saturday was we chipped away at the chiefs cover 2 defense. a good start on the road to beating Indy. throw in 5 sacks and only giving up 170 some yards offense. we are gonna get there. It might not be this year, but next year we will give any team a run for their money.

5. afcman

afcman Veteran

Wasn't that LAST year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/060815&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

6. Jerry Jones

Jerry Jones Rookie

yeah i remember it quite vividly, thanks for that embarrassment!...good luck in this years texas bowl!!

7. Mayor_McCheese

Mayor_McCheese Rookie

I foresee an 0-2 start for the Texans.. but they may actually beat the skins

8. afcman

afcman Veteran

I can see us winning against the skins, bills, jets, raiders, and browns. At least we SHOULD.

9. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

Mayor McCheese - Are you Nostradamos? Personally if I could make predictions as well as you I might have to try my hand at Veges. Anyway, I forsee an 0-1 start for your Eagles....Have a great year in Philly!!