Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by The1ApplePie, Oct 6, 2008.

1. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Alright I have eaten crow about Mario, so this is for my boy Reggie kicking ass tonight.:fans:

Since Mario and Reggie have both exploded I guess its LOL to one Mr. Vince Young

2. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

And people are ragging on Kubiak for his decisions.... Brad Childress is trying to get fired.

3. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Bush stepped up after the two fumbles...the one was partially due to the facemask that was missed but the second one was just a fumble. he screwed up and what did he do? he stepped up and made up for it and was pretty classy while doing so.

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Billy Miller looks good too. He just got nailed though.

5. The1ApplePie

Mike Karney is freakin' awsome

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Well I guess you have to do something to make up for a bad running game....a decent game for a WR. I'll be honest he's not a terrible player but nothing worth spending a top 5 pick on.

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

He's a WR (not a RB)........in any other system the coach would've already made the switch by now, but when you watch Sean Payton it seems he doesn't like to run the ball anyway (seriously he passes on almost every damn down, Duece is healthy again and he won't even run him) so why not just have another WR line up in your backfield. The truth is, Reggie went to the perfect system and only one of the few systems that will allow him to save face as a somewhat respectable player. In most systems Reggie is just a less explosive Devin Hester......not much else.

8. Runner

I'd take him on the Texans in a second. The team could use a play maker whatever position he's in.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Reggie exploded alright , with his best impersonation of Sage Rosenfels .... Couple fumbles tonight .... :photos:

10. The1ApplePie

1 was all his

The other was more of a result of a guy twisting him by the face mask while he dug for the ball with the other hand.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

So he could sit behind Slaton.......what you need to ask yourself is why Kubiak won't pull his head out of his ass and let Slaton return kicks (he needs to give Slaton as many touches as he can) instead of that overrated dumbass that goes by the name of Jacoby Jones. (the guy hasn't made a play in over a year and shouldn't have even made the damn team......but Kubiak and Smith are trying to save face for the third they wasted on him)

Slaton could've easily returned that punt as well.....horrible punt coverage + excellent blocking = skate to the endzone untouched.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  12. The1ApplePie

He and Steve Slaton are basically the same player (Kubes probably uses the plays he had installed for Bush before the draft) but Bush has more raw talent.

It amazing what you can do with zone blocking holes instead of a bunch of draws.

13. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

14. Runner

If he was a Texan I think the fans would figure out he's too good to "sit behind Slaton" - play them both. He's a play maker that can break big gains from multiple positions. I guess some people don't think the Texans could use that.

By the way, search the archives. I was a "draft Mario" guy. I just don't let some petty who's better arguments cloud my vision when I see NFL talent.

15. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Tony Kornheiser is such a douchebag!!!

"What more could Reggie Bush have done to help the Saints win this game?"

Well Tony MAYBE if he didn't lose 2 FUMBLES that would've helped the Saints win the game?

Barry Sayers seems to be carving out a niche as a fine PR however, i'll give him that.

16. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I am so tired of the Reggie/Mario talk who cares anymore we arent winning either way. Yes that is true Slaton is a lot like Bush in that they are both 3rd down backs but Apple is right in that ZBS allows someone like Slaton to be the starting back in that kind of system.

17. The1ApplePie

Some piss poor work by Ed Hercules all around tonight. He screwed both teams at times.

18. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Why in the hell was NO throwing at the end of the game? (before the 2 min warning, not the last hail mary) Bad playcalling cost them that game, IMO. 2 run plays on 2nd and 3rd down would got the Kicker closer and chewed up the clock. they probably would have won, at the worst been in OT.

19. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Slaton doesn't dance behind the line like Reggie either. Also, Reggie has had a fumbling problem his whole career as a pro. Hopefully Slaton doesn't mirror him in that regard. People compare the two because of their perceived roles in their respective offenses but Slaton is quickly separating himself because he is proving to be a legitimate feature back while Bush is proving to be a legitimate PR.

20. The1ApplePie

Wasn't turning this into a Mario/Bush debate. I'm a Reggie man thru-n-thru but Mario was the right pick for the Texans.

I just don't get the hate on Reggie when Slaton is basically a toned down Bush in the perfect system.

I guess I'm just a fan of that kind of RB. After the 2006 draft I was calling for the Texans to snag Slaton. Glad they did