Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by htsone, Jan 1, 2006.

1. htsone

htsone Rookie

The Blechsans done us proud today. They secured the rights to a true playmaker. The question is...Will they have the smarts to take him? Or will they do something utterly stupid and trade down for the supposedly smart thing to do?

hts

2. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

CC will trade down and take a tweener linebacker and QB NOT named Leinart or Young. THEN declare it the best personnel choices of his career. Bush will go on to break Emmitt Smith's all time rushing record.

3. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Or we'll trade down and fix the rest of our team seeing as how RB and QB arent the only needs we have and arent even close to our biggest needs for that matter.

4. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

But the question is are the players we have right know that bad or can it be fixed with proper coaching?????

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That's funnier than the 49er fans chanting DEFENSE. It would make sense, but CC and co. haven't shown anything to have than kind of confidence in them. CC has passed on no-brainers and traded away high draft picks for proven losers. Are there some good OL prospects in this years draft?

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I like D'angelo Williams

I don't think we are as bad as our record indicates.. I pesonally think the talent we accumulated doesn't match up with the philosophy of the coaching staff.

7. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

:rofl: Yes, they are that bad! Its not all coaching, our players stink.

8. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

You don't take needs with the first pick, you go out and draft the best player available in the country.

9. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

This team's talent level is even less than I thought a few weeks ago. Bring on Reggie and Co.!!!!

10. CITY CAT

CITY CAT Veteran

Give it up all you people that want the pick traded, CC has indicated that he will pick President Bush.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I dont know if Casserly has the juevos to NOT draft Bush.. not when everyone in the country is talking about him.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I do NOT agree! Lots of young raw talent on our team. With good coaching we will be playoff bound in a couple of years, with or without Reggie Bush!

13. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day and John Clayton said that his sources told him that if the Texans ended with the first pick that they would choose Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!idonno:

14. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

Yeah, we're looking reeeeal good at running back right now. Maybe we can overpay to keep Wells around as well. Morency? Franchise written all over him.

:ok:

15. txnfan4eva

txnfan4eva Rookie

We have more than enough talent on the team already. We don't need baby bush. DD is more than enough to get the job done at RB, and if he wasn't, it would be better to sign a free agent RB in the off season that is already established. For the millionth time, we need to pick D'Braksaw. We can trade down to get him and another pick so we can get another receiver or linebacker.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

THAT is the one hundred thousand dollar question isn't it. What you (or I, or each of us) thinks the answer to that question is will determine what you do with our shiny new number one pick in the draft. We all think some variation of one of the following two things.

1. You think the talent's mostly ok but the coaches are boneheads who can't be fired soon enough means you want to see Reggie Bush in a Texans uniform. There's no need to try and assemble a swarm of draft picks since we only have a (relative) few serious needs. Your favorite sentence is now "Remember, we have seven more picks after we take Reggie and three more on the first day!"

2. You think the talent's mostly absent and and both the GM and coaches are boneheads who can't be fired soon enough means you want to see the team trade the rights to Reggie Bush to someone else and try to fill as many holes on this team as possible. Your favorite sentence is now "Running back is the least of our worries right now!"

17. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Read my signature.....im prophesizing already

18. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Good God Grid! It's spelled 'huevos' ya silly boob. :neener: lol:

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

It all depends on what we can get for the 1st pick. :drool:

20. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

What game were you watching today?

I agree, we will be playoff bound in a couple of years, but not with these guys. By the start of the 2008 season, 85% of these player will no longer be Texans or we will still be a cellar dweller.