Reggie or Mario ??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BroussardSaint, Jul 10, 2006.

1. BroussardSaint

BroussardSaint Rookie

Who will help their team go farther in the NFL ?? WHY??

2. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

lol....you're kidding, right? It's not who you think.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

4. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Based on your alvatar, I would assume that Bush is the player you expect. I disagree.

5. mexican_texan

Just because we're Texans fans, that doesn't mean we all act the same. We've been hearing about Bush longer than you guys have, so we may know JUST A BIT more than y'all. Back on topic, Williams should have a bigger impact as good DE's have more of an impact than RB/WRs like Bush.

6. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

I grew up in Louisiana. I'm well aware of the Saints history so I don't consider myself to be picking on a team I'm not familiar with. I watched the Saints, and hoped, until the Texans inaugural season.....then finally had enough of the Saints.

7. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Williams will, Bush is stuck behind McAllister who was a great back before he got injured. You can only make so much of an impact when you split carries. Mario gets to start from day 1 and will anchor our new defense with Ryans and Robinson.

8. mexican_texan

He can't jump on something that doesn't exist. :stirpot:

9. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Mario Williams because he has no one in his way of stoping him unlike Bush who has to split Carries with Deuce.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I still wonder about RB's ability to carry the load. He's never done that before. Also, why would you want to pay #2 overall $$ to a part-time back? Will he be a wideout also? I haven't been able to find out much about him because the sAints shut down their fan message boards because of, well, the fans inability to act in accordance with the norms of society. ANYWAY, how's he looking? Is he splitting time between RB and any other positions?

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Good post

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

I need to wait to see both of them play in at least one game before i make an assumption. Otherwise, i'd just be guessing.

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Honestly, I think Bush will make a bigger impact at first, but there are questions and Mario will outlast him. In the end, it may be a toss up as to who was the better player (after Mario finally finishes his career), but Mario was probably the better choice for us. We're switching to the 4-3 and we have DD and a zone blocking scheme. We need Mario more.

14. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

I think Bush will have a rookie year full of inconsistency mixed with a few moments of greatness. After that, he will be a regular on Sportscenter just like at USC and will be one of the most dangerous men in the game and will probably be anong the leaders in total yards. In about 6 or years his body will start to break down and he'll need to become what Marshall Faulk was the last couple of seasons (don't know if his ego will let him share the rock). Bush IMO is the Michael Vick of RBs.

Mario keeps getting compared to Peppers, but he is really more like Reggie White. He will never get the hype White had because he isn't as vocal. I expect his sack numbers will be a little disappointing to some becuase he won't be asked to pin his ears back on every play like Dwight Freeney, but he will be in the top 5 in the league in sacks for about a decade.

Bush will sell more gear, but he's a shooting star. Give me Mario.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I apologize for that......... I was having a bad day.

Back to the original question.

Duece should count for 2000 yards of offense for ya...... 1600 on the ground, 400 recieving.

Joe Horn...... should count for 1000 yards recieving......and then some
    Stalworth..... another 1000, unless you cut him.... I wouldn't imagine it, but I wouldn't put it past ya...

Boo Williams, Zach Hilton, Ernie Cornwell........ you normally get 500+ yards out of your tightends....

The only way Bush can make an impact on your team, is if all those guys hit those numbers, in addition to what Reggie Does.....

So lets say the Saints rush for over 2000 yards, and Reggie counted for 500 of that....... is that a big impact?? I don't think so......

Lets say Duece get's hurt........ and Reggie rushes for 1300 yards.... is that a big impact?? only if a) Michael Bennette proved to be useless, or b) Michael Bennette gets hurt again...

Same goes for your recieving Core..... I already see 4000 yards for Drew Brees. To throw Reggie in there, he'll have to throw for more than 4000..... not likely to happen... so, somebody has to get hurt, and Reggie has to take up their slack..... because if Reggie's numbers go up, and someone else's goes down, then he's not adding anything the team didn't already have... not making an impact. If you're getting 2000 recieving yards out of your recievers, and after adding Reggie, you are still getting 2000 recieving yards, he's made no impact....

now we were ranked 30th against the pass, and 31st against the run(something god awful like that)......... if we move up to mid league...... 15 or 16 range and/or top 10 total defense, then we're all going to give a little credit to the 4-3(as opposed to the 3-4) and a lot to the big guy.

16. real

real Guest

What is this fascination with stats??? If Reggie Bush Gets One yard A game...But that one yard a game scores the game winning TD...Has he made no impact? He may take away from other players yardage, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made an impact....Thats ridiculous...I guess the same can be said about Mario then...If he doesn't add any more tackles or sacks than we had last year then he's made no impact...or if someone elses sack numbers go down, while his go up he hasn't added anything else we already didn't have....This double standard is crazy...Mario will make an impact that doesn't show up in stats..Double teams, taking up blockers..and Bush will make an impact in other ways as well....

17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Statistically speaking, I have to agree with you. :cool:
    I just can't see 4,000 yds. for Brees with him coming off of shoulder surgery. 3,000 would be a good year for him.

18. Initially Mario Williams will have a bigger impact because he will be the designated started, whereas Bush will be a 3rd down type back and special teams player. It may turn out that McAllister will not be the same with his injury or may get hurt again, but Bush is clearly playing 2nd fiddle going into camp. In a couple of years however, Bush may be the only starter and should have a bigger impact considering he would touch the ball more and directly score points.

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

MARIO.............Reggie plays for the Saints.:yahoo:

20. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the man who would be our saviour is going to be playing 2nd fiddle on a team that was just as bad last year? If he's that dang good, he should be an auto. starter WHEREVER he goes. Deuce is good, but has he ever been called the wonderful things RB has? Just wonderin...I'm gonna go rant on another thread now.