Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reggie Now-Trade Down- Peterson Next Year

For all the fans who think we need a rookie Running Back here is my argument at to why I feel the best route to take is to pass on Bush and take Peterson next year.
O.K. when you sit here and evaluate the situation, the Texans have a chance to do the smart thing. First off, if you take Bush this year, realisticly we all do not know if he is ever going to be able to carry 20 + carries a game. He never has so we don't know. The pick is risky no matter how you twist it plus the guy is asking for a lot of money. If you look at this draft, there is a good possibility we could make a move with San Fran the Jets or GB: all three we could trade the 1st pick for there first this year, there first next year and a number two this year. We go into next season with 2 number one picks. We let Domanick Davis get his chance to make it happen, and if he flopps we have the bargining power to go for Adrian Peterson next year. Adrian Peterson has more upside in the NFL than Reggie Bush in my opinion. First of Peterson has 4.3 to 4.4 speed at 6'2 220 Lbs. He is a work horse and can get the job done. You want to make comparisons between Reggie Bush 5'10 200 lbs and Faulk 5'10 211. O.K. Faulk has only played 4 16 game seasons in his 12 year career. The closest comparison for Peterson is Eddie George. Eddie George had 8 back to back 16 game season. In my opinion this is the route to take.

Frank_The_Tank said:
For all the fans who think we need a rookie Running Back here is my argument at to why I feel the best route to take is to pass on Bush and take Peterson next year.
O.K. when you sit here and evaluate the situation, the Texans have a chance to do the smart thing. First off, if you take Bush this year, realisticly we all do not know if he is ever going to be able to carry 20 + carries a game. He never has so we don't know. The pick is risky no matter how you twist it plus the guy is asking for a lot of money. If you look at this draft, there is a good possibility we could make a move with San Fran the Jets or GB: all three we could trade the 1st pick for there first this year, there first next year and a number two this year. We go into next season with 2 number one picks. We let Domanick Davis get his chance to make it happen, and if he flopps we have the bargining power to go for Adrian Peterson next year. Adrian Peterson has more upside in the NFL than Reggie Bush in my opinion. First of Peterson has 4.3 to 4.4 speed at 6'2 220 Lbs. He is a work horse and can get the job done. You want to make comparisons between Reggie Bush 5'10 200 lbs and Faulk 5'10 211. O.K. Faulk has only played 4 16 game seasons in his 12 year career. The closest comparison for Peterson is Eddie George. Eddie George had 8 back to back 16 game season. In my opinion this is the route to take.

Other than the assumptions you make about Peterson's game (most of which I would agree with, but still, assumptions), the biggest is that we would be in a position to draft or trade to draft Peterson next year. We surely do not want to and do not intend to finish with that kind of record, and planning on trading down a year in advance is utterly foolish.

Peterson has already suffered a season ending injury with that darn ankle...is he durable? No disrespect to the amazing freshman season he had, but that is a question mark on his resume.

I also prefer Peterson's style of running. However, he was hurt a lot this past season and would have prove he's back to old form. I would stop short of calling him "injury-prone" just yet. I guess we'll find out next year.

Peterson is an awesome college back. He runs with reckless abandon, with absolutely no regard to his body. He won't last like that. He is fast and powerful though. I love to watch him run, very Dickerson-esque. Thing is, Dickerson had some moves. Peterson is like a freaking angry racehorse.

Long-Spurs-Texan said:
Peterson is an awesome college back. He runs with reckless abandon, with absolutely no regard to his body. He won't last like that. He is fast and powerful though. I love to watch him run, very Dickerson-esque. Thing is, Dickerson had some moves. Peterson is like a freaking angry racehorse.

Closer to an angry bull...that can probably run a 4.4. I'm still not looking forward to seeing a healthy Peterson next year in Dallas. I'm hoping Charles lives up to his billing.

By the time AP goes pro, his body is going to be about 3 years older than it actually is. He is a back who will have 3-4 years of production befor his skills start to decline. RB has been lucky to have someone to split carries with and doesnt have alot of wear and tear on him, and put that with the difference in style, gives him more years of good production befor his skills decline.

Give me Slaton from West Virginia next year on special or the year after. DD's hit and effectiveness should be gone enough by then. PS Kas when you gonna change your mock up.

kastofsna said:
i'll take marshawn lynch over peterson.

A possible 1st round RB, next year or the year after could be Jamario Thomas

He was competing with adrian peterson for most yards for a rookie, I think he had more too, but since he was in a worse of a conference nobody gave him any attention, He plays for North Texas -Go Mean Green!!!:redtowel: JK

I love Peterson more so than Bush, but it is to early to even think about what our needs are and how he winds up next season. Hopefully we will not have to be in the AP sweepstakes next year.

jayseed2002 said:
Lets trade Carr to N.O for their first rounder this year and Davis to G.B. for their first rounder.... then we can get Williams, Young, and Bush! :homer:

I know (or hoping against hope) you're joking, but that made me sick to my stomach.

Frank_The_Tank said:

More upside I would have to disagree Peterson is injury prone in college football. I don't think he is physically up to the challenge of staying healthy in the NFL. Plus Peterson has been know to have problems with coaches and is typically not a hard worker in practices

Frank_The_Tank said:

More upside I would have to disagree Peterson is injury prone in college football. I don't think he is physically up to the challenge of staying healthy in the NFL. Plus Peterson has been know to have problems with coaches and is typically not a hard worker in practices

AP is not injury prone, he had a minor injury and by seasons end he was back in top form. By this time next year he will be fighting Quinn for the #1 pick no doubts and's iff's or but's about it. He is by far the most domenant force on the field when he plays. If he was in this years draft, there is no doubt he would go ahead of Reggie Bush.

lynch will be the first back taken when it's all said and done. he'll have just as good of a season, but he'll have better combine and/or pro day numbers. plus he's much more versatile than peterson.

besides, the top pick will be a dogfight between quinn and joe thomas, the best tackle prospect ever.

Marshawn Lynch????? You know how good he is, he is such a big time back that I had to google to find out who he was. Cal sucks, look at who they play. I hope you are joking comparing him to Adrian Peterson. LOL I have heard it all now.

With this kind of thinking about drafting down for next year, the Texans should've been pick # 25 this year because we all thought we would have a good record last year.

Nothing is for sure. I think we just need to take the appropriate steps because either way we are going to get a good player that will make a difference on our team offensively or defensively.

As for Bush carrying 20+ times a game, how does it make you feel to know that he will touch the ball at least 20 times a game. People want to talk about him being a workhorse well he was hardly off the field as he was either returning punts or kicks, being a WR or RB. I see him as a better Eric Metcalf on our team and hey the last time the Browns were any good Eric Metcalf was the man along with Kevin Mack who would still get his 1,000 yards despite having Metcalf. How does it make you feel if I were to say by drafting Bush you can have a very healthy Domanick Davis in late November and December when we need games bad to get in the playoffs?

Frank_The_Tank said:
What part of California are you trolls from?
ah yes, the old "i've never heard of this player that several people are claiming to be great, so i'll just insult them" defense. the reason you've never heard of him: you don't know anything about college football.

lynch averaged 8.8 yards a carry his freshman season and followed that up nicely with a 6.4 average his sophomore campaign. he had more yards than peterson on 24 less attempts, and that's with the horrible QB situation cal had (similar to what oklahoma went through). lynch was the best back on the team when JJ Arringotn was considered a NFL-calibur runningback. his best game of the season was in the bowl game against BYU. this is telling: against oregon, lynch had 25 carries for 189 yards and 2 TDs. peterson againts oregon: 23 carries, 84 yards, no TDs.

Frank_The_Tank said:
What part of California are you trolls from?
I live in Houston, and if i was from Texas i wouldn't root for anyone on OU anyways.

Marshawn Lynch is that guy, this time next year, number 1 rated running back on everyone's draft board.

Trapped said:
I live in Houston, and if i was from Texas i wouldn't root for anyone on OU anyways.

Marshawn Lynch is that guy, this time next year, number 1 rated running back on everyone's draft board.
no, the only way you can think that is if you're a troll.

Back