Reggie lights it up again

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by tulexan, Aug 31, 2006.

1. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

4 carries for 14 yards
    1 catch for -5 yards

2. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Why don't people give it up, it's only preseason.. It doesn't count for anything. I'm happy with our pick of Mario but I'm not going to bash the experts because we passed on Bush when he doesn't hjave good stats. Why does a new thread about how bad of a pre season game he had every week.

3. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

BUT.. I do thank you for putting it in the right forum.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Are we going to have 3 backs who ended up with more yards than Reggie during the preseason?

5. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Funny thing is.. Last week had a fumble that was lost.. and I never heard another word about in his 6 yard run highlights of last week.

6. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

That is because he either "spiced things up" with a 6 yard run or he "juked and danced" for 6 yards. It is hard to make "fumbled the ball" sound good.

Farough likes this.
  7. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Yes, but it doesn't matter at this point. If they have more yards during the season than he does then it will matter... You do know preseason doesn't count right? That's why its PRE season.

8. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Dude... you dont know that... AND Pre-season gives insight (is not, but gives insight) to how a player will preform in regular season. So far, For less then 1/2 of this years signing bonus (not including his salary), we have 4 capable backs..

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Nobody fumbles like Reggie! Did you see that? It comes out so easy and fast! He only needed just a few yards in the whole game to cough one up. It takes most RBs at least 30 or 40 yds. to get to that point! What an amazing feat!!!

Reggie (drops) rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 :bananasplit:

10. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Reggie Bush is the man. Yes it's only preseason, but the truth is the guy doesn't care; he's a big gamer and is waiting to turn it on when it counts. He just isn't inspired to excellence against these second and third teamers he's been averaging 3.1 YPC against. Wait and see, Reggie is the man!!1

11. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Bush has not played a live down.. and your calling him the man. ROFL. He has potential...but he hasnt proven nothing to me at this level yet. And wont until he has 2 or 3 1000 yard rushers.

BTW LT is the man, Dom Davis is the man, Larry Johnson is the Man, heck, even OT is the man. Reggie is a boy rigt now.

12. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Well, I wouldn't go as far as Jerek's sarcasm does( I hope its sarcasm) but for rookies the preseason is used to adjust them to the NFL. It would probably help if he did have blocking, but I'm no expert. I still don't think that Reggie Bush is going to excel like experts have predicted, but it doesn't deserve the bashing and the constant starting of new thread about it, thats all I'm trying to say.

13. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Whats going to be great is seeing how ESPN spin his play into a good performance. Every week they show the Titans runs.

14. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Personally, I think He has quite a bit of potential. I Dont think Bush should be bashed... But I am getting quite tired every game I hear about how we made a mistake on taking who we took.

15. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Yeah, I hate that too but we can't exactly help that.. But the starting of new threads we can.

16. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Total sarcasm dude, I would have thought my post history and 2nd/3rd team comments would've demonstrate that, but if you haven't read it, that's fine.

Sure Bush would benefit from an O-line and a real offense. He's also dealing with the fact that he's no longer that much faster than everyone else, is going against defenders who take correct angles, and the understanding that to succeed in the NFL you have to be able to run between the tackles. I've never thought Reggie was the Next Best Thing in the NFL and I've thought he was overrated since ESPN first announced we had the first pick in the draft. IMO he will never be more than a pretty decent ex-collegiate standout.

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

For all the off-the-wall marketing that has gone into the Bush camp which has tried to elevate him even more by simultaneously tearing down the Mario pick, I think that seeing a once a week thread as a venting outlet for Texans fans is more than acceptable. Those not interested should just graciously refrain from participating. I haven't heard anyone call Bush a rapist or murderer........no real "bashing" has occured, just a lot of harsh reality comments based on factual performance. The day that Bush's performance is elevated to his hyped level (to which he himself has been heavily involved, i.e. self promotion), and Texans fans distort the facts and denegrate the man........then the accusations of "bashing" can be cast. Until then, the facts are speaking for themselves.

Kaiser Toro and Mr. White like this.
  18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

No matter what. I am so glad the Texans didn't take Bush. Can anyone honestly say that he would do more for our team than Mario? After these few preseason games it has became obvious why we didn't take Bush. Late round backs seem to excel in this system and Mario is already making our defense much better.

Bottom line is I would rather have more W's than have kids across the nation wearing Texans jerseys because of an overhyped player.

19. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

:dangit:

that smiley bout sums up what i feel when i see new reggie bush threads. we probably have more posts about him than the saints mb.

20. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

I don't understand why you guys make such a big-deal out of a rookie's pre-season? What do you expect from the guy? 100 yard games? You don't see other fans bringing up the fact that Mario Williams hasn't exactly had a "gaudy" pre-season either. Guys like LaDanian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, didn't do much more than Bush did during their rookie pre-seasons.

And no ones mentioned he's playing behind a mix of second stringer offensive linemen.