Reggie in town

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by tulexan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Good find. Heres KFFLs version:
    Texans | R. Bush excited to visit team
    Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:46:30 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports USC RB Reggie Bush was excited to visit Houston to meet with the Houston Texans. Bush said, "I've been looking forward to this visit. I want to let everybody know who I am and what I am all about. I'm so excited to be here. I wish we could have started today. I'm hoping Houston will be my new home." Bush will spend time Thursday, April 6, meeting with Texans owner Bob McNair, offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun, running backs coach Chick Harris and many others in the organization.

3. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

It's great to hear that from him :)

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

In fact, they need to just take him right to his new home and show him around--it's a place called "The Endzone". :redtowel:

5. Blake

Blake MMQB

Nice!

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Chick Harris must think that it is Christmas. I attended a clinic that he did on running back play and drafting, and someone asked him about Reggie Bush, and he said nice things about our current running backs, but then said something like, I can never have enough playmakers to work with--he had a smile about a mile wide.

7. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Anybody think some crazed UT fan is going to go Nancy Kerrigan on Reggie Bush's knee when he gets off the plane?

8. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

...........Don't even joke about that.

" Hey, Reggie....Could you look this over & sign at the bottom please ?":read:

9. Chicagotexan1

Chicagotexan1 Hall of Fame

In a van down by the river next to another van dow
    Well, when you know someone is way better than you.... Reggie, consider this your new-hire orientation. I think may be the the start of a beautiful relationship. You are the Chosen One.

10. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Wouldn't matter. Even if the guy had Barry Bonds "enhanced" bat speed, Reggie could still just juke out ot the way, and leave a pair of smoking sneaker marks where he just was.

Reggie could even dodge a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Reggies fast, but he aint that fast.

12. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Seems fairly presumptious for Manfull to plainly state that Bush is "one of two the Texans are considering drafting with the #1" She then goes on to list Vince Young as the other #1 -- despite that no major mock draft or scouting department in the country has Vince Young at the #1 -- and not only that, but she does not leave room for other guys that could conceivably be taken by us, either with the #1 or via tradedown -- like Mario Williams, for instance, or others would say D'Brick.

Has it really become the foregone conclusion that we are drafting Bush? I was hoping for a few more weeks of this uncertain business. Makes for interesting if not extremely repetitive talk on the MB.

13. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I'm a fan of Bush, Young, or Williams at #1. When VY said something similar to this he was ripped by UT haters saying he just wants #1 money. It is ok for Bush to say it though and I bet if Williams had said it he wouldn't have been ripped either. It just shows that there are some Texan fans that are against any player from UT. Love to hate on those UT players.

14. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

No, I'd still like to have Michael Huff:twocents:

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Texans were totally transparent the last time we had a first overall pick and it was a foregone conclusion to the point that they didn't even waiver when Carr had an average Sr Bowl week. I don't doubt for a moment we are drafting anyone but Bush. I don't consider that real smart...but that's how they have done business in the past and looks like it is how they are doing it now.

16. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Ditto, and add Griffin to that list. Also add Justin Blalock to teh list, even thought he won't be out till next year (I think he might be better then D'Brickashaw).

17. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

It's a foregone conclusion that Reggie Bush will be the first pick. What's yet to be determined is what team will own that pick. The only reason a team would trade up to #1 is to pick Bush. So the Texans don't lose a lot of bargaining power either way. The suspense of this pick and the much of the hope of trading it, went away when the Saints signed Brees. :twocents:

18. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Hmm good point. I wonder if Bush is doing some house shopping while in town as well? I was of the opinion that bringing Vince in was more of a professional courtesy than anything else -- as I don't see for a moment us drafting him -- but I still do not like that we have apparently not even seriously entertained a guy like Mario Williams.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've read where some people don't like his motor, or that he takes plays off and doesn't work hard. I can't comment on that myself, but we didn't even go to his pro day workout did we?

All we are waiting for now is for Bush to get in a car accident wearing a Texans cap.

20. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

We wouldnt have signed Weaver if we were ever really interested in Super Mario. Didn't attend D'brickshaw's either, did we ?