Reggie Bush tweek's hamstring in first rookie practice

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by arktexanfan, May 13, 2006.

1. arktexanfan

arktexanfan Rookie

Don't know if its posted yet or not but RB pulled his hammie and had to take a knee and miss the rest of practice today may get to practice tomorrow ??? anyone hear anything else ?? :chicken: :

2. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

nope but damn imagine if he tore his hamstring wudn't that be funny

3. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Did the Saints sign him?? He can't practice with the team unless he's signed, can he?

4. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Link? I checked around, found nothing...:confused:

5. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Not yet. This is the camp for rookies so I guess they don't need the contracts for this practice otherwise they couldn't have this camp at all. Well, he said it should be ok, so hopefully he will be ok.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

7. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

In no way would this ever be funny....... we should never hope any kid should get hurt playing this game, for our entertainment. Even if he does take a bad fall, and ruins his career, that would not justify our Mario pick.

The only thing that will justify a pass on Reggie Bush, is 2000 yards out of our running game, and 16 touchdowns. If we can't do that without Reggie, then there will be reason for the backbiters to argue their point. If we can accomplish those marks, then they shouldn't be able to show their face around here.

Mario could be a complete, and utter bust........ but if we get those numbers, passing on Reggie was still the right choice. Mario might not have been the right pick......

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Nope, there is waaay too much money invested in this for that to be funny. It would be kind of Ironic, in an Alanis Morrisette kind of way.

In a related note, Reggie is going to wear five in practice, as Edgerrin James has done, but not on game days. I didn't think too highly of him off the field, not like Mario anyway, but he said that if he would donate something like 25% of his paycheck to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. A PR stunt or not, that is a very generous donation.

10. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

11. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

oh sori then didn't know people wud be offended by wat i sed....well ne ways i guess ur rite it wudn't be kul at all if the kidd got injured.....but yeah u guys shud watch the rugby league state of origin match coming up soon theres gona be a lot of concussions to go roun due to the rivalries and the hate that the two teams have against one another its gona be kul....it will at least help pass tyme by before the football starts

12. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

There is one other thing that will justify the pass on Reggie Bush, & that's Reggie being average against NFL competition & only playing part time.

Wicked_wayz,

I sure hope you meant funny, as in ironic, because I'd hate to see any player get a career ending/altering injury.

13. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

How about if Mario gets 15 sacks in his first season and has a great career? I think that would justify our pick too.

14. tex

tex Veteran

What does it matter really,unless your a Saints fan?We should be concerned about our draft picks not the Saints.

15. cap1

cap1 All Pro

Translation someone? :ok:

16. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

i was juz talking bout rugby league, have u heard of it? it big in the u.s.

oops excuse me i meant that it ant big in u.s

17. Scooter

Scooter Funky

IMO reggie has more pressure on him than mario. if we move up on overall defense, mario was a good pick. if our sacks & pressures are significantly better (not exactly a difficult task with our track record), mario was a good pick. if mario stands out as an individual, he was a good pick. ofcourse, having a functioning & effective offense without the best prospect ever wont hurt our cause. if our record is better than new orleans, we all get to point & laugh.

if reggie bush isnt "electric" and a "gamebreaker" and proving that he can carry the load as a feature back, he's going to catch 10 types of hell for it. if he's simply a complimentary player who does well, he wasnt worth the first overall to begin with. this is due to hype, a problem that mario has fortunately sidestepped. all mario has to do is help win games, where bush & young have to carry their respective teams.

18. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

If you want to watch something to pass time in the offseason watch NASCAR. It's football with cars :redtowel:

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That would justify our pick, but not the pass.

We're saying we passed on Reggie, because we've got a run game..... That run game has to produce.

I'm not worried about it......
    2003..........1651 yards...........14 TDs
    2004..........1882 yards...........16 TDs
    2005..........1816 yards............9 TDs

20. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i think he wuz referring 2 da slang of da intern3t dat lookz like sumthin out of an AOL chatroom. 4 real dude, dis is a little hard 2 understand.