Reggie Bush/Sports Illustrated August 28/06

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by BobbleTexan, Aug 24, 2006.

1. BobbleTexan

BobbleTexan Rookie

Just received the August 28 issue of SI. Article in Scorecard about R. Bush detailing all the wonderful things Bush is doing along with his sponsors. The killer part of the article is the part the about his game against the Cowboys.
    Here you go. "While Bush's numbers weren't gaudy (four carries with a long gain of nine yards, and two catches for 14 yards), he left enough Cowboys defenders in his wake with his open-field moves to justify Saint Pro Bowl wide receiver Joe Horn's assessment that Bush is "an amazing talent". Open field moves? Defenders in his wake? So using that criteria, than one tackle for a loss by Mario Williams should put him in the Pro Football HOF. Man are they sucking up to Reggie Bush..........you would have thought by that comment Bush ran for 165 yards and had 3 or 4 touchdowns.............:stirpot: :pigfly: :rolleyes:

2. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Good point but this thread will self destruct = (get booted out of here) soon.

3. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Wow that was fast lol

4. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

I wise him all the best I wanted Mario in the first round I would have like to trade down and got him but all is well besides Lundy looks good enough for me besides all it takes his one juke and a defender to land on a leg and all those moves are gone I prefer a monster over a dancer.

5. BobbleTexan

BobbleTexan Rookie

Not a problem for me.....................

6. cap1

cap1 All Pro

Sentences man. Use some periods and other High School English.

7. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I agree and with kubiaks system you dont have to have blazing speed like bush or juke like dante hall to excel.

8. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

............................ Hows that.

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

You need to replace the period with a question mark when you ask a question. Now go to the principles office. Just goofin with ya:tease:

edit: Are you from West Columbia?

10. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Have you watched the games Reggie has played in? He looks about the same as he did in college. He's "broken some ankles"

like i've said before, some of you guys need to get over it

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Speaking of ankles. How's VY coming along? NFL Network said he was struggling. Is this true?

12. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Bush showed enormous potential against the Cowboys strong LB corps in only his second game, I don't understand why many of you are in such distrout over his performance.

13. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

It's not that. I can't speak for everyone here, but my main gripe about that game was how stupid ESPN got over a 9 yard run. It was probably played more times on TV than Pujols' homer off Brad Lidge.

I have nothing against Bush and I would not have been upset had we drafted him. However, the media coverage on him is just ridiculous. It's like Yankees Vs. Red Sox and T.O. all rolled into one.

As for him showing enormous potential against the 'Boys, I disagree. a 9 yard sweep doesn't mean much in the preseason. IMO Deuce is still the #1 back on that team until Bush proves otherwise.

14. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I really like the picture in ESPM Magazine when they show Bush being laid out.

15. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I am going to agree with a COWBOY fan? OMG! But I agree.

I like Reggie. He is a decent human being who has done a lot for a community that he doesn't owe anything to. He is in N.O. helping out the team and the folks over there.

I wish Bush nothing but the best.

Oh, I almost forgot..............Cowboys suck...............Go Texans:redtowel: :tease:

16. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Just wanted to bring this up....didn't know where to put it but it's beginning to get ridiculous:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5899636?FSO1&ATT=HMA

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I watched just a bit of the Panthers-Dolphins last night, but long enough
    to see rookie running back DeAngelo Williams make a fantastic move on a bunch of defenders for about 12-15 yards. Then heard the announcer start talking about the 98 yard KO return for a TD that Williams made earlier, but
    didn't see it. When I checked out ESPNs web site this morning, it wasn't even
    mentioned in their headlines. Wonder if they showed it on highlights today ?
    But could you imagine the hype if Bush had run a KO back from almost 100
    yards for a TD ? We'd see that rerun repeatedly all day long, day after day.

18. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Bush would be immediately named MVP

19. santo

santo Hall of Fame

that would have been true and I agree with you there.

I was kinda hoping they would show the Lundy and Morency highlights when the Texans had finished playing their games. They only showed them once IIRC.

20. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I agree with you. It did happen (I saw it), but because it wasn't Reggie Bush, it didn't get much hype. You know what else, Wali Lundy, DeAngelo Williams, and Vernand Morency have done more than Bush this pre-season, but aren't talked about at all. Can't wait for the season to start.