Reggie Bush is not a running back...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by David's Busted Carr, Mar 15, 2006.

1. David's Busted Carr

David's Busted Carr Veteran

The guy is the ULTIMATE weapon. I get sick of hearing that "he can't carry the ball 25 times per game", "he's not big enough", etc.

Give me a break people. The bottom line is the guy is a PLAYMAKER. And if you ask me I would much rather have a versitile player with BLAZING speed and AGILITY that can play running back, reciever, split end, and return kicks/punts if necessary. The guy can flat do it all and will give opposing defenses fits and give our team options galore.

The same way everyone says Vince Young will revolutionize his position, Reggie Bush has a chance to dothe same thing for the RB position. He has a chance to be BETTER than Marshall Faulk in his prime. And if we all remember that Faulk was posting 2000 yard seasons every year while scoring 20+ TDs with ease. He was unstoppable.

If he carries the ball 15-18 times, catches 5-6 passes, gives the opposing defenses headaches, takes pressure off of AJ & whatever TE we get to free them up while piling up 150 total yards per game & a TD or 2 that will be just fine with me!!!

TEXANS84 likes this.
  2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

People keep forgetting that Bush can roll into the slot reciever as a dual threat. Imagine the pressure that would take off of Andre's side.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This is where his value is in my opinion.

4. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

We just need to find a way to keep him on the field. ala the ut game

5. David's Busted Carr

That was the coach's stupid decision. And it cost USC the national championship IMO. I don't think Kubiak will have any problems. In fact I think he and Calhoun's mouths are watering at the thought of having this guy on their team...

6. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

I agree completely. I'm not that excited about Bush over Davis - since I think DD is a top 10 back in the league (when he plays, obviously) - but I am very excited about adding a #2 receiver with agility to make guys miss and who can add flexibility and unpredictability to the offense.

Still rather have Hawk/Mario + a 2nd, but I can get excited about Bush at #1 without a problem.

7. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I agree with the original poster. Bush is not just a threat in the passing game, he is a flat out weapon. He has great hands, runs faster than 95% of WR's in the game, and is there a safety or LB that could possibly cover this guy? No there isn't. I suspect defenses will have to really commit to this guy, freeing up others, and making it less likely teams blitz the hell out of us like last year. This guy gets me frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog just thinking about the possibilties. After a brief flirtation on the Vince bandwagon, I am solidly in the Bush camp. I can't wait!:yahoo:

8. wags

wags Hall of Fame

So how long are you going to leave your signature like that?

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I've been against taking Bush with the #1 from the beginning, although I haven't said much about it in a long time. I'd rather trade down, but I am excited about Bush, just worried. If we take him, I'll be behind him 100% and it looks like that's what's going to happen. "Fine," I say with both an excited and worried feeling about it. I'll be more hyped about the Texans with him on the team than if I had gotten what I wanted, if that makes any since. He obviously has TREMENDOUS upside, so I'm ready for a wild ride.

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Good point! Fixed!!

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I've read several sources this year who said Bush would be a top 10 pick in this years Draft just on his strength as a WR only !

12. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I haven't forgotten. I just don't post on Bush, Young, or Carr threads so I don't get lumped into any hater/lover group.

Oops.

13. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

This is pretty much how I feel. I think that D'Brick and Mario could help our team more, but its easy to be happt with adding Bush. Personally I think that Reggie could be very good, I dont know about great, as long as he is in the right system. Now we leave it up to one of the best offensive minds in the NFL to come up with this system....I cant wait!

14. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

I agree 100%.

We don't get just a RB with Reggie Bush, we get an offensive WEAPON.

The Houston Texans don't have many offensive WEAPONS.

15. bklatch

bklatch Rookie

How many linebackers in the NFL can cover Reggie Bush? Looks like this one did ok. http://panicstream.com/images/hookem/kelsonvsbush.gif

16. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

How did you already see him in the NFL? Wait you didnt. Its another level of play. He will only be a "play maker" when he proves he can do what he did in tha NCAA in the NFL. The End

17. bklatch

bklatch Rookie

I did not see him in the NFL you are right. The link I provided showed him being covered by a college linebacker that most likely won't play in the NFL. Yet he is deemed the next superstar I think not....

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

If we still had Capers and co., I'd say, "Shut up! They'll take that LB with the first pick and pay him zillions!!!"

19. David's Busted Carr

Nice statement. You can say the same exact thing about EVERY single college player. All we have to judge any college player by is what they do in college, and how they perform in "drills & workouts". But the guy has been a highlight film ever since he's put a football in his hand. There are even HIGH SCHOOL videos of him floating around. And I'd say he made the jump from high school to college just fine. And I dont' think he'll have any problems adjusting to the NFL.

20. jgite

jgite Rookie

Well just to be fair, since I am warming up to Bush after campaigning for VY or trading down, Drew Kelson (#4) is a converted safety from Lamar. I think he ran a 4.4 or 4.5. Gene Chizik (Texas D. Coordinator) perfers hella speed on defense. He actually has converted a CB into a linebacker (Erick Jackson #13) and a this spring he is converting a WR (Tyrell Gatewood #1) into a linebacker.:stirpot: And I know this is way way way way way to early to be thinking about this, but if watch Texas football, watch Sergio Kindle #2 OLB/RB. When he was being recruited, a lot the scouts were saying that he is a best athlete to come out of Dallas since Jessie Armstead. The kid is 6'4" 220lbs and runs a 4.5.