Reggie Bush Avg. 13 Carries a game

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Frills, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Frills

Frills Veteran

Yup this year he's averaged 13 carries per game. What happens when he's asked to tote the rock 25-30 times?

We have a high priced RB who is constantly dinged up. The spectacular runs where he leaps and dives over people will in fact get him drilled in the NFL...he tries to leap over a Roy Williams, Lynch or Urlacher he'll end up in the cheap seats at the top of the stadium.

2. NinerPheen

NinerPheen Rookie

Thats why you should be happy your letting his sorry @$$ go to the niners.

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!!!!!

3. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

He only gets 13 carries because he doesn't mess around with 5 yard gains, he puts it in the end zone and sits down.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

He gets over 250 yards rushing and several touchdowns.

5. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

No one carries the ball that much. In Barry Sanders career he only averaged 20 rushes per game. Without White taking away his redzone carries, and with less breakaway TD's he'll average more touches in the Pros.

6. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

yeah and the sick part was he didnt need more than like 22 carries both times.

7. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

There have only been three games this whole year in which any RB rushed for 200+ yards, Tiki Barber twice (206 v. Was and 220 v. KC) and Larry Johnson once (211 @ Hou). Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Rudi Johnson, Warrick Dunn, LaDanian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, and every other RB in the league don't have any. Bush will never get 250 rushing yards in a single NFL game, especially as a rookie.

We are talking about NFL defenses, not Pac-10 defenses.

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I was simply stating a fact. When he has received around 25 carries he has had 260 yards and 298 yards. I never said that he will be getting 250 yards when he carries the ball 25 times in the NFL. But I wouldn't say that he will never get 250 yards because you don't know. Nobody knows. You're right only three times this year has someone rushed for over 200 yards. Twice by a "smallish back" might I add. But running over 200 is something that is not completely uncommon. Clinton Portis did it 2 years ago. LaDainian Tomlinson did it twice in one year 2 years ago. Rudi Johnson did it last year. Jamal Lewis did it twice in one year 2 years ago. Ahman Green did it 2 years ago. Curtis Martin did it in 2000. Tiki Barber in addition to the two times this year did it 3 years ago. Edgerrin James did it last year and in 2000. Ricky Williams did it twice in back to back weeks 3 years ago.

9. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I know it happens but your previous post made it sound like Bush will regularly be getting 250 yards if we give him 25 carries a game so that's why I pointed out that it has only been done three times this year.

10. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

who is we?

nobody mentioned anything about Nfl vs. Pac 10 defenses.

11. real

real Guest

We are talking about NFL defenses, not Pac-10 defenses.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is saying college this, college that...Aren't all of the players coming out of college...What else do we have to judge them on other than what we have seen which is college ball...If he is the best at what he does in college, it's not too far fetched of people to think that he will suceed in the pros.

12. real

real Guest

Everyone is saying college this, college that...Aren't all of the players coming out of college...What else do we have to judge them on other than what we have seen which is college ball...If he is the best at what he does in college, it's not too far fetched of people to think that he will suceed in the pros.

Fiddy likes this.
  13. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, 13-15 carries with 5 or 6 catches in space is what a team should be angling to get out of Reggie Bush in his first couple of years. What makes him the overhyped or special guy is his ability to do multiple things and break big plays because of mismatches.

Anybody asking him to line-up behind the QB and be a mule does not understand the player that they are drafting.

14. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I don't think I ever said that or even implied that. Someone said what happens to this guy when he gets 25-30 carries in a game and I said that he gets over 250 yards and a few touchdowns. Both facts which are true. I never said that he will do that in the NFL because that is a ridiculous statement.

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, I don't know where you guys are getting all of this. What really matters is what he can do against the local HS team. :tv:

16. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Yeah and as much as people complain about Carr .. senior season he was 344-533 4,839 yards .645% ..48 tds and 9 ints..

http://gobulldogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carr_david00.html

I am not hating on Carr but funny how people love Carr and bash him now with the Texans... Would Bush really have stellar numbers with the Texans at this point? (and yes depending on our FA pickups and rest of the draft)

17. real

real Guest

Reggie Bush will ball where ever he goes....

18. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Fact is the entire offense at USC shouldn't be allowed to play college football. They scored 4 TDS on 8 plays in about a minute and a half against the Razorbacks of the mighty SEC. What that means is the first team is usually not on the field after Halftime, plus he does share carries with White which makes his yardage even more impressive. In the big games this year he was lights out good, which means he gets up for the good competition. The man has been training with LT and says he had to double his workout to keep up.(willing to do what it takes to be good). I don't think he is the type of runner people will be able to just load up and drill.(Elusive!) We might not get him, but he will go #1, 13 carry Avg.:rolleyes: and all.

19. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Now NFL Defenses vs Pac 10 offenses would be a good discussion.:yahoo: :redtowel: :yahoo:

20. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think Bush will suceed in the NFL and be very valuable, but that dosnt matter when your QB is on the gound after 2 seconds.

DRAFT A LINEMAN!!!!