Redskins-Texans matchups: Jammal Brown vs. Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/hard-hits/2010/09/key_matchups_jammal_brown_vs_m.html

2. Rey

Rey Guest

Neither of their tackles will be able to block Mario for extended periods of time.

It will have to be a collective effort...The receivers will need to run good routes, the QB will have to step up and avoid pressure, and the QB will also have to get the ball out quickly...

I just don't think that either one of their tackles can block Mario 1 on 1 all game long...

3. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I agree completely. I see a substantial win coming.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

My concern is that the DL maintain their gap responsibilities and cut down the amount of running McNabb does. I don't want to see any more gashing like Garrad and Young did last year.

5. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

That is where your "spy" comes in. If your LB is shadowing McNabb and does his job, as soon as McNabb steps up and out of the pocket, the LB should be there to meet with open arms....

6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yes, but the gap integrity has to be maintained, or McNabb will be able to slip by. Just look at past games. Hopefully, we are past making those stupid mistakes, but we don't know that yet.

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

That's the same concern I would have. But I don't know that I wouldn't use a QB contain instead, letting an LB run him down if he tries going up the middle.

The reason I say this is because most of his runs seem to be to the outside...........a pattern that he continued last game.

8. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yep! The DE's have to set the edge amd maintain it. Or the LB, depending on the alignment.

9. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

You know they are going to call a high number of rollouts for him. They aren't going to let him get crushed in the pocket.

10. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Rookie

Well, they need to get the bugs worked out, cause they've got McNabb, VY twice, and now there's a better chance they'll see Vick as well.

Man, I want to see Pollard, Mario and Cushing taking turns planting VY in the turf.

11. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

Mario has stood up as well as being down in 3 point stance......and has been doing stunts to the inside as well and moving up and down the line.....

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

That's because this season MARIO HAS A SHOULDER. After his offseason surgery, he is now able to not only try to always bull rush around the tackles. He is able to push the OL, use his arms/shoulders to POWER leverage his opponent and swim move his way INSIDE. Just watch some of last year's game tape.........his arms NEVER get above his shoulder. Then watch the Colts game where is routinely casting off his opponents! Shoulders are nice to have when you're a DE!:pirate:

13. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

And Mario has a more devastating bull rush as well. I don't see Mario and Ware being all that similar, except they are both great players.