Red River Flop

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Hookem Horns, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

OU just lost, it looks like Texas is going to lose. So much for a great matchup next weekend.

BTW, if you're a young OU fan and start crying after a loss, you better run to the bathroom before you get caught on TV. Actually, if you're the parent you need to either stop the kid from crying or take him out of the stands. They just caught another young kid with OU painted on his face balling during the postgame show and you know that poor kid is going to be posted all over the internet like the last one was.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am working today so cannot view the UT game, but Colt's stats look great. :rolleyes:

I have never been a fan of that kid as a QB to take us to a championship. He was more ready than Snead last year, but I thought it was quite obvious who would scale better over four years. I really hate Greg Davis.

3. Hookem Horns

Turnovers are killing the Horns right now. Colt has thrown at least 2 INTs that turned into TDs.

4. Hookem Horns

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Big12 top teams has been pretty disappointing so far...I'm busy watching some SEC ball or in other words....real big time College football....Bama vs Florida State

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Can anyone comment on McCoy's 3 intreceptions? Were they tips, just bad throws, etc?

7. Hookem Horns

The last one was tipped. One he threw right at a lineman or linebacker who was in close who somehow held on and ran it in for a TD. I think the first one was tipped too however I could be wrong. Regardless, McCoy isn't looking too good. He just grossly overthrew a would be 1st down. That just led to a punt return TD that is happening as I am typing this.

8. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

And there's another interception...

Defensive end tipped the ball at the line of scrimmage.

9. Hookem Horns

ANOTHER INT. This one was tipped too.

10. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

K-State just ran a punt back 89 yards for a TD.
    And K-State just intercepted Texas.
    OU & Texas are so overrated !

12. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Once VY left, Texas went into a little slump. Who is going to be the next great Texas QB? There are probably some playing high school ball right now.

13. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I dunno, any chance that the unbeaten Mizzou Tigers be the first team from the North Division in awhile to win the conference ?

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

VY was a once in a generation type of player in my opinion. Get Greg Davis out of there and we may actually get quality QB prospects rather than marginal ones that fit a frigged up system.

With Fran on the outs, we need new blood at OC to counter their prospective hire and the bump they will get.

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Looking that way from what I hear. If he's out, what's the chance of Kubiak
    leaving here for his alma mater if the opportunity is presented to him ?

16. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Absolutely Zero!!

WOW, I thought McCoy was better than what he has shown and OU and Texas were better than what is being proven.

This has been an upset filled week so far.

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Won't happen this time around. That job will always be there for Kubiak, but the potential payday on a second contract could be huge. In fact I would be surprised if that contract were not re-written this year as Kubiak's people leverage the A&M situation. He signed a five year deal for 10 million, which in my opinion is a steal.

18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm so peeved right now. Did you guys now Vegas was handing out money this weekend?I told a group at happy hour yesterday that the UT game was easy money with a 14 1/2 line. UT is overrated and K-state has played them tough traditionally. Too bad I couldn't find anyone to take my cash.

19. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Lets remember that UT is out there with a young O-line. Three of their starters were drafted and they are still learning to gel. I am a HUGE UT fan and I was not expecting a Natl championship run this year. Part of what made UT great the last few years has been solid play from the O-line and the defense. There is a young D and young O-line out there. Also, there was very sloppy play today by the Special teams. you cannot give up 14 points on returns...ever.

That being said Colt also looked pretty bad. He had a ton of passes knocked down. Part of that is due to the Defense getting into his area, but part of it is low passes and staring at your receivers. YKW had this habit, and Mack needs to get Colt to correct it ASAP.

20. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

No chance at all. But if Mike Sherman doesn't get an NFL gig, I think he'll be a possibility at A&M.