Reasons to be optimistic for 2006

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Jan 13, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The only rule for this thread is that the names Vince Young and Reggie Bush cannot be mentioned! I Know they are both positives, but I don't want this turning into the 1000th debate over the 2

1. We had the 4th hardest schedule in the NFL this year. Given an easier schedule, maybe we can play a little better
    2. We have a lot of high draft day picks
    3. A new coaching regime with an offense mind plan

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

You already broke your own rule! ;)

Seriously, though, I agree about being optimistic. Even without the piece in place, we've shed the skin of bad leadership in letting Dom Capers & Co. go, and it appears that we are hiring a dynamic young coach with an awesome resume and penchant for creating offensive juggernauts.

Add to the fact that our no. 1 draft pick will result in upgrades of talent in various aspects of the team, and we've got cause to look forward to the 2006 season.

3. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I try to be optimistic whenever possible. That being said, I will feel more comfy knowing who our defensive coordinator is going to be and what extry help we are going to get on the defensive side of the ball. (I am not so hung up on 4-3 or 3-4 because folks often move in and out of that to some degree--but I want a workable, easy to learn scheme that will rank us somewhere a lot higher than 32nd in the league for D).

So put that as #4 on your list because I don't think we will go any lower in our defensive ranking.

4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

IMO, Kubiak will have a HUGE effect on the club. Tha's what I am most excited about. An actual game plan/scheme.

5. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

new coaching will make a world of difference

Seeing Antwan Peek and Jason Babine as 4-3 DE's :drool:

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Reasons to be optimistic? My season tickets will be coming in the mail in about seven months.

I would like to express my feelings for the upcoming season, to Texan's fans, through the words of Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption, "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

7. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

I'm convinced that we would improve over last year with just a new system in place. Most teams we faced would agree we were not a true 2-14 team...too much misused talent. Mix in some high draft picks/easlier schedule and we should be a lot better this year and for years to come.

Of course that means Casserly's job might be secured longer than what people would like, but as long as we improve its all good...

8. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i tell u i dont think next year can be any worse, but i still loved waking up every sunday and watching my texans play, and i still cant wait till next season.