Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU (signs june 2)

srrono

All Pro
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
RB Justin Forsett will work out for the Texans on Wednesday, per league source.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Justin Forsett could be nice No. 3 back for #Texans. Veteran of ZBS, in NFL and going back to Cal. Excels in pass game. Poor man's Sproles.

Nice. Maybe.

I liked him his first full year with the Seahawks but he never really fulfilled his promise after that. They brought in all those guys (like Lynch and Washington) and he never really got any traction.

Nice. Maybe.

I liked him his first full year with the Seahawks but he never really fulfilled his promise after that. They brought in all those guys (like Lynch and Washington) and he never really got any traction.

He did pretty well his second time around with Seattle when given the starting role due to injuries.

Can run a bit, catch a bit, and play some special teams. A 3rd running back who can pick up a lot of all purpose yards for the limited playing time we'll give him. I'm cool with this if he makes the team.

I'd rather have Ward back as our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.

I'd rather have Ward back and our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.

Same here. But he did show very good vision and seems to be a very able and willing blocker despite his size. He showed some good hands with Seattle.
His vision must be the thing that carries him, because he's not going to run away from many defenders for his speed alone with a 4.73 40 time.

Same here. But he did show very good vision and seems to be a very able and willing blocker despite his size. He showed some good hands with Seattle.
His vision must be the thing that carries him, because he's not going to run away from many defenders for his speed alone with a 4.73 40 time.

Yeah, Forsett is definitely more quick than fast. His 40 time out of college shocked me though. There are some pretty decent backs sitting out there in free agency right now. Forsett is a guy that I think can be pretty good in a ZBS. Similar to Moats.

Can run a bit, catch a bit, and play some special teams. A 3rd running back who can pick up a lot of all purpose yards for the limited playing time we'll give him. I'm cool with this if he makes the team.

I agree with all what you wrote but also add he can not pick up a blitz.:kubepalm:

I'd rather have Ward back as our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.

Me too. My guess is Ward goes to a team that can give him more carries though.

Id rather have T Rose as president. Oh wait ........

Definitely a one cut runner. Was once a decent returner. Forsett would be a very decent pickup.

I'm liking the idea of having Forsett as our #3 RB. Although he won't see a whole lot of playin' time he'll definitely be good fit for the Texans system...

The big thing Forsett gives us that Ward doesn't is that return ability.

I'd still feel better with Ward as our #3.

I'd rather keep Ward as well. But if Ward leaves, Forsett could be a good 3rd back if one of the UDFA's doesn't snatch that spot.

I believe it was 2010 where I had this guy as one of my big sleepers in fantasy football. I was really disappointed when he was picked before I could. I ended up getting lucky by not getting him.

But still... will be a nice pick up since he also has some return experience. He finds the hole and runs hard. Also a nice receiver. Will be happy to have him as the #3.

...and to think there was a time - in the not too distant past - when Forsett would have been in the running to start around here.

We have evolved.
:)

Forsett: Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m); Weight: 198 lbs (90 kg)
Ward: Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m); Weight: 240 lbs (108.9 kg)

Forsett: Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m); Weight: 198 lbs (90 kg)
Ward: Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m); Weight: 240 lbs (108.9 kg)
Do the Texans believe Ward has anything left? He'll be 32 when the season begins and his ypc tumbled from 6.3 in 2010 to 3.4 in 2011. There's probably a reason why Ward is still unsigned in the league.

Do the Texans believe Ward has anything left? He'll be 32 when the season begins and his ypc tumbled from 6.3 in 2010 to 3.4 in 2011. There's probably a reason why Ward is still unsigned in the league.

That's a good point.

Ward might not even be on their radar. Also his lack of special teams involvement might be a factor too.

I would rather have Forsett than Ward just for simple fact that Ward is getting old. Forsett won't really play much except on obvious passing downs. And knowing Kubiak would bust out the draw. Forsett would an upgrade in my opinion. not much but still..

I'm just surprised we're trying our a 3rd string running back and no receivers..

I like grimes, the udfa out of William and marry. I like what I saw on the field and off of it he seems like a character.

I would rather have Forsett than Ward just for simple fact that Ward is getting old. Forsett won't really play much except on obvious passing downs. And knowing Kubiak would bust out the draw. Forsett would an upgrade in my opinion. not much but still..

I'm just surprised we're trying our a 3rd string running back and no receivers..

There doesn't seem to be many receivers out there right now (I think the patriots signed them all) and I have a feeling we'll see some when other teams make their first cuts.

We have evolved.
:)

images

Justin Forsett could be a nice 3rd down contributor for us. Not that Foster couldn't handle that, but i still wouldn't mind if we picked him up.

I dunno, 240 lbs seems heavy to me?

That's a good point.

Ward might not even be on their radar. Also his lack of special teams involvement might be a factor too.

I think you hit the nail on the head there .... Ward adds nothing to ST.

The one thing that concerns me with Forsett is blitz pickup with an oft injured QB back there with him ....

Has to be a better option ....

As others have mentioned , not a lot out there right at WR.

This team survived last season with #80 missing 9 games and Pea Brain starting in his place .... They looked at a couple cheap options to fill the void but didnt put any real resources in it.

Once teams are forced to make some cuts , we may see a vet come in but I wouldnt count on it unless they believe the rookies wont get it done or there is a surprise player on the market for cheap. Thats not likely either .... Competition for FA WR's will push cost up. Lots of teams could use another productive reciever.

Ward isn't getting a deal on the market to split carries. It just isn't going to happen. There are too many backs out there who are better. My guess is they bring him back to compete with the other guys for that 3rd spot. Forsett is only getting a workout right now keep in mind. To me his style fits well with what we do.

Ward isn't getting a deal on the market to split carries. It just isn't going to happen. There are too many backs out there who are better. My guess is they bring him back to compete with the other guys for that 3rd spot. Forsett is only getting a workout right now keep in mind. To me his style fits well with what we do.

Accept Gary demands his backs be competent blockers .... my 6 year old daughter can block as well as this dude.

Accept Gary demands his backs be competent blockers .... my 6 year old daughter can block as well as this dude.

I can't say that I've paid much attention to this when watching him so i'm sure you're right. Maybe a change of scenery will help him be more competitive in this area.

forsett reminds me a whole lot of steve slaton... take that for what it's worth. i would like him as our #3 RB as long as we try to minimize his opportunities picking up the blitz.

This is good. Good signing that will make sure we got 3 good RBs and I'm guessing now that Ward will not be re-signed.

I accept your opinion on this situation. I haven't really seen enough of him to make that call. But I will say that I've found statements on both sides of the fence.......some call him a capable pass blocker.......others put him in your "6 year old daugher" categorie. I guess now we'll all get to see how it shakes out.

If Justin Forsett ever gets on the field to actually block then that means Foster or Tate is hurt and we're in trouble anyway.

If Justin Forsett ever gets on the field to actually block then that means Foster or Tate is hurt and we're in trouble anyway.

Isn't that what we used to say about Leinart last season, that if we were gonna rely on him then we were screwed anyway? Well I think we all remember how that went, so I would prefer to have trust in every last man on the roster

I understand everyone on our team should be well rounded & able to contribute on every play.

But Justin Forsett, to me, can be a helluva weapon if we focus on what he does well, & not try to square peg him. He's a baller, & while he might not be Darren Sproles, I think he can contribute in that way, with a creative offensive mind.

We all know that Foster is the complete package. When he's got to take a breather, Tate comes in & does his thang.... which is only a fraction of what Foster gives us..... so far, Tate looks one dimensional to me.

Forsett would be an option to bring those other attributes that Foster gives us, that Tate does not.

I understand everyone on our team should be well rounded & able to contribute on every play.

But Justin Forsett, to me, can be a helluva weapon if we focus on what he does well, & not try to square peg him. He's a baller, & while he might not be Darren Sproles, I think he can contribute in that way, with a creative offensive mind.

We all know that Foster is the complete package. When he's got to take a breather, Tate comes in & does his thang.... which is only a fraction of what Foster gives us..... so far, Tate looks one dimensional to me.

Forsett would be an option to bring those other attributes that Foster gives us, that Tate does not.

I agree definitely. If the dude was a complete running back than he wouldn't be our 3rd option and likely on someone else's team making alot of money. But he's a speedy, change of pace back that can be dynamic for us if we use him correctly.

Forsett with his build and running style kinda reminds me of ex-Oiler Allen Pinkett....not that this really means anything other than Pinkett wasn't like Lo White or Mike Rozier. The old Oiler backs were like a box of chocolates.

287099_display_image.jpg

Back