Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

RB Corps

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Pharaohcious, Jun 10, 2019.

?

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

1. Yes

34.3%
  2. No

65.7%
  1. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Thing is we don't know that he said nothing. He may have advocated all sorts of stuff and was overruled.

2. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Bingo, all we know right now is that Cal has been in the job but how much say he had or how much he argued we don't know. The old man wasn't going to fire his son and heir no matter how much they may have disagree and Cal wasn't going to leave when he knew he would someday be calling the shots. This kind of stuff is very common in family owned businesses the Texans are just a bigger business than most. We do also know though that Cal seems quicker to fire than his father whatever the reason may be. You really can't judge how the Texans will evaluate and acquire talent moving forward at this point as they don't even have a GM right now.

steelbtexan likes this.
  3. Number19

Number19 Hall of Fame

No reason to feel negative about Foreman's recovery. He's had more than enough time since the injury/surgery; and in fact, had recovered sufficiently to play late last season. American sports medical care is the best in the world.

Now, if you have doubt about how sucessful his recovery will be; whether he's 90%,or whatever, pre-injury, you have a point. But he's medically recovered as much as he ever will be.

There's also the question of how much he's recovered his fitness. Reports are he's in better shape than his rookie season, having reduced his playing weight. This is a wait and see for us who haven't seen him in practice.

But of primary concern is how well recovery from his type of injury will hold up. How durable will he be and how likely is a reinjury?

steelbtexan likes this.
  4. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

I'm also concerned about how long it will take him to shake the rust off. Even if you are in full playing shape there is a big difference between working out and practice and actually being on the field taking hits. Only time will tell but I'm more in the trust but verify stage when it comes to Foreman.

steelbtexan likes this.
  5. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

The Texans have told us that they use a corporate decision model from its beginnings. Anyone in the room is equally responsible for the state of the Texans. Not giving a pass to an highly educated 55 year old man because he works for Papa, there should be signs of influence versus waiting for Daddy to die and then I will be my own man. Until he truly shows different (firing Gaine was negative for me) I would think that he is no different.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    steelbtexan likes this.
  6. infantrycak

Business decision like what unrelated to football?

If it truly wasn't related to football, like some form of misconduct, they wouldn't be paying him.

7. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

I doubt Foreman will be back to his average play or better nonetheless but even still... I HATE "PLAYMAKERS" at the RB position!

Their either always one of two things... HURT or they FUMBLE... or BOTH!!

I could understand us having foreman while we fix up the Oline but i'd expect him to be gone after next season...j/s

Playmakers help sell Tickets and having a RB from UT will DEFINETLY inspire some extra homecrowd ticket purchases
    not to mention our draft stock but having a fumbling playmaker at RB will put more pressure on our defense

a defense that right about now looks like it's NOT going to have Jadeveon Clowney and has a rookie CB so...

We may be picking top 10 next draft boys!

BTW... Could Clowney pull a duane Brown and play in the middle of the season?

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Depends on if they think they can prove it.

The Texans org has always been about optics. Ever heard the term Not Texans Worthy?

9. infantrycak

With zero evidence I'm not buying it.

10. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

Hopefully that Georgia Olinemen falls to us in the 1st next draft since we going bust on the run game

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Because the decision to abruptly dismiss BG and eat his contract while an outstanding obligation on another contract still remained on the books for BGs predecessor, Rick Smith, and that was very unlike the kind of decision under the circumstances the late founder would have made. In other words I don't see Bob McNair making that same
    financial decision his son did under those circumstances.

infantrycak likes this.
  12. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

Who else is getting onto the roster at RB besides Foremand and Miller anyway?

13. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Can we start this season before talking about 2020 draft class. Bwhahaha

maverick512000 likes this.
  14. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You could if you think he was fired for non football reasons.

In fact non football reasons makes more sense than hoping things have changed if your being honest with yourself.

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Of course you aren't. Shocking #dysfunction

Can you admit something very strange is going on down on Kirby this offseason

16. infantrycak

Relatively unusual timing to fire a GM but both times the Texans have fired a GM it has been after the draft... so normal for them if twice makes normal.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Casserly/Gaine firings are apples/oranges.

But nice try.

18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

True and you just proved why the Texans have been and currently are a clusterfvck. Good job

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss It's good to be me... again. Staff Member

What do you think of firing a GM after restructuring the personnel dept. That's the monkey wrench to me. Don't make no sense.

CWTexansFan and Texansballer74 like this.
  20. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

That's why I believe Gaine had to do something egregiously wrong or said something way out of line.

CWTexansFan likes this.