RB Corps

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Pharaohcious, Jun 10, 2019.

?

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

1. Yes

35.0%
  2. No

65.0%
  1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Mistake,

Dak can lead a team to the playoffs but wont be able to get them over the top.

The need to pay Zeke/Cooper and look at drafting Tua/Fromm/Herbert.

CWTexansFan and Pharaohcious like this.
  2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention.

Cal hasn't even had his chance to put his stamp on this team yet.. **** doesn't happen over night. Dude put his father in the freaking ground last season, this is his first real season running the show as the head honcho.

Oh and the racist lawsuit didn't have crap to do with the firing.. that didn't come out until after the fact. I love how you draw your own narratives to support your arguments. Jesus Christ.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Gotta move on as quickly as possible from a family member dying.

Makes sense since his dad was seen as a racist. He didn't want any part of that under his watch. I dont know why Gaine was fired, maybe you do. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't player personnel related. It's really not like the McNair's to pay off 3 or 4 yrs on a GM's contract. Unless things have really changed. (Which is highly unlikely.) Something definitely went wrong though.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I don't care what his dad was seen like, the guy wasn't racist.. at least I never saw any evidence of it and my brother in law's late father drove trucks for this man for years when people didn't even know who the hell Bob McNair was, He always spoke of his decency.. towards EVERYONE.

Now you're going to take the complete opposite view of what you hate on in the NSZ, just because it fits your narrative in this forum? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm sure Cal McNair knows exactly who his father was and wouldn't let imbeciles opinions of him be the reason why he fired Gaine. That was a straight football decision. Whether I agree with the firing or not, I know that it was a football decision.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If you check out my previous posts you will find that I never thought McNair was a racist and backed him up in Kaep thread.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I don't go to that forum anymore unless I feel a need to rubberneck

steelbtexan likes this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You're a wise man.

Carr Bombed likes this.
  8. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

OK then atleast give Cal and/or his mother the benefit of the doubt and admit he/they might be willing to be more aggressive about expending McNair family assets in the interests of improving the team.

FuzzyLogic, JB and infantrycak like this.
  9. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

JB likes this.
  10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

12. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Why not?

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Because of the orgs track record for one.

Also you dont give the son a pass because he's been there from the beginning and was part of his fathers decision making team.

Why do you think they deserve the benefit of the doubt? One things for sure, nothing has changed about the way they go about acquiring personnel.

14. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Never said I believed they deserved anything. I simply asked why you believed they did not. As far as holding the son accountable for the father, that's a small-minded view. Basically one year is not enough for anyone to judge... the firing of Gaine alone might show that as you were so fond of saying, "things are changing on Kirby"; or perhaps not

15. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

This is what is confusing me so much. You keep going on and on about how Cal is just like his father and nothing has changed and blah, blah, blah. Completely disregarding that he just fired Gaine. Now it could be that Gaine was fired for non-football reason but the breakdown that I believe it was Sandman who did it from an HR point of view is making me question that. Either way it does show that things have changed in the Texans Org. but this always comes back to they didn't get the guys you thought they should.

Frankly there wasn't anyone in the F/A that I felt they really missed out on. That's my opinion and its no more correct or incorrect than yours at this time. We will see this time next year who was right.

Carr Bombed likes this.
  16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

He was right by his daddy's side from the beginning.

The Gaine firing (due to timing) tells me this had nothing to do with football. The firing was nothing more than business decision. IMHO

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Agree to disagree and this has thing to do with getting my guys, it has to do with an org philosophy that isn't conducive to building a contender.

We will see, lets look at the Texans record and how guys like Brown/Hunt/Dillard etc end up performing.

18. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Cal has been in the corporate decision-making process since Daddy's original illness(if not before). If Cal was in the room and did or said nothing to influence the direction of the Texans it speaks loudly to me at least.

Lucky likes this.
  19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

You're the one that kept spouting the 'things are changing on Kirby' theme... now you insist same-o same-o? At least you're consistent

20. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Surely he had an input. How much, none of us knows, but surely not final say