Ray Lewis is a class act.

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by powerfuldragon, Jan 23, 2012.

1. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

2. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

3. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Don't know that it says as much. They are friends and fans of each other. Hey, I'll autograph one of my uniforms and trade it to lewis or foster for one of theirs. Lewis got something of value for something of value. How does that say much of him? I'm not saying he's a bad guy I just don't see how that in particular says much about him.

Mike

4. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

To me it says that he has enough respect for the game and a fellow athlete to genuinely reach out to the guy. That was my take. Were he a complete tool he would be in some bubble in which "Ray" was the center of the universe and not be able to see beyond that. Just one mop headed fool's opinion.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The fact that he reached out to Arian & sort of "mentored" him says a lot about the guy.

That gesture pretty much says he (Ray Lewis) thinks of Arian Foster as his equal..... Ray Lewis is going into the HOF, been doing this for 16 years as one of the best, that whole time.

I think it's a big deal. I bet Arian does as well.

DocBar likes this.
  6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Sure sounds like Ray got "it" to me:

"There is no one man who has ever lost a game," Lewis said. "Don't you ever drop your head; we win as a team, we lose as a team. There is no 'Billy is the fault, Billy missed the kick.' It happens. Move on like a man, because life doesn't stop."

"God has never made a mistake. Ever," Lewis said, according to the Sun. "Somebody is going to feel like this tomorrow, and somebody is going to feel like this in two weeks in the Super Bowl. And whomever wins it, that's their year. That's a fact, and there ain't nothing nobody else can do about it. That's the irony of sports. There is a winner, there's a loser, and when you lose, you've got to suck it up like a man and say 'You know what, Father? If it's your will, so be it. As a man you got to keep moving, and a team keep building, remembering this taste."

thunderkyss likes this.
  7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Yeah, Ray Lewis is a helluva guy!!

Signed,

Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar :kitten:

8. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Yeah great guy also a murderer.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Were the other guys convicted? When I get home, I'll look it up, but I thought both of his friends were acquitted.

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

Just be on the watch for a book called "IF I killed Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar, here is how I would do it"

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Nobody served any time for the cold blooded murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar.

I just looked it up, as I had forgotten some of the details.

A fumble in the Super Bowl murder

It makes me sick to read it. I thought the perps had been convicted until reading this story. And I have little doubt that Ray Lewis paid for the defense lawyers to spring his buddies. from prison.

Perhaps "act" is the key part of this statement... :thinking:

12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I think the fact that he was convicted of "obstruction" speaks volumes as to to what really happened.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

:evil:

14. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

I dont' know if he is a class act or not. I don't know if he killed anyone or not. I just didn't think that the exchange said anything grand about him. It didn't say anything terrible about him, its pretty common I would imagine.

Mike

15. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I'll bet Lewis didn't trade jerseys with Billy Cundiffs.

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I just don't get this "God's will" stuff about a mere football game.

Millions of starving people in the world, children being abducted and sold to the slave trade, continuous genocide in the world...the list of atrocities goes on and on...and to think God would be concerned about some dudes at a ball game??

Did God actually make Billy Cundiffs' FG go off course? Perhaps if some lightning came out of nowhere or the ground opened up and swallowed the goal post I'd buy into it. I mean, it's God, why would he give a crap?

And I have to disagree that God has never made a mistake. According to Albert Einstein, stupidity is the most plentiful thing in the universe, and since God is responsible for everything in creation, I have to say his biggest mistake was making a species that generates so much stupidity.

:sarcasm:

17. Rey

Rey Guest

Why would they need to trade to get something of value?

If he wanting something of value he could have kept his own Jersey????

He's a millionaire anyways...Foster is about to be...

They traded jersey's out of respect for one another and to have a memory.

18. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Ray Lewis had ZERO, nada, nothing at all to do with the deaths of those two.
    here's the best part of that highly-slanted opinion piece cited earlier
    That's right folks, a jury of their peers acquitted Ray's FRIENDS of the "crimes". Ray wasn't charged because he didn't harm a soul that night. He pled guilty to obstruction (which he probably could have beat) for telling his buddies to keep quiet after they got into the car.

Such a lovely, peaceful Atlanta crowd that night. They only hit Lewis & Co's limo with gunfire FIVE times. The only witness claiming to have seen Lewis do anything other than playing PEACEmaker, is a convicted felon....who fled the scene and only came forward a week later. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/03/29/lewis_killings_ap/

Everybody wants to believe Ray's a murderer....fine, go ahead.

I'm still quite unconvinced. So was the jury. I'm not sure anyone was truly "innocent" in this whole thing, but I've no issue with folks defending themselves from attack.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't know what happened. However, being that Ray was acquitted of any murder charges & his friends were also acquitted, then Lewis makes the accusations that he was targeted because of his fame......

It's not worth my time to hate a man because of something he "might" have done.

20. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/06/04/lewis_agreement/