Ravens to make a run at Cowher?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by drewmar74, Jan 3, 2008.

1. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Sources close to the team also said the Ravens were preparing to make a run at former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, a CBS television analyst. One source said the Ravens were planning to meet with Cowher this weekend, but a team official said that is untrue. The Ravens, however, have not removed Cowher from consideration.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens03jan03001515,0,63421,print.story

I'm still thinking that if Cowher can't coach the Panthers, he doesn't coach. So said, can you imagine how bitter that Steelers / Ravens rivalry would be if "the chin" did sign on with the Ravens?

Aye Carumba!

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

I said it yesterday that I thought Cowher would end up in Baltimore. Supposedly the owner Steve Bisciotti and Bill Cowher had a "secret meeting" a couple weeks ago. The owner then told a couple of the players that the next head coach would be a future HOFer.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Of course Steve Bisciotti denied said 'secret meeting' in his and Ozzie's presser to fire Billick.....

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Bill Cowher and the Ravens sounds like a really good fit. Actually, I believe Cowher would be a good fit anywhere. He even made me a bandwagon Steeler fan during the post-Oiler/pre-Texan days.