Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Heath Shuler, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogallery/67311116/Sports/Ravens-Leach-It-s-really-just-another-game

Preston: Leach best free-agent acquisition in Ravens history
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-preston-column-0113-20120112,0,5711901.column

I always liked Vonta.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

First playoff game in his career is "just another game?"

3. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

I think he played in the playoffs w green bay. But I think the main point is playing against his former team.

4. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

What an idiot. This isn't "just another game", this is playing in the ****ing playoffs.

5. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Veteran

funny guy

6. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

That's a bit harsh. I took it as his response to playing his old team.

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Well, Vonta you are "a beast" for the money you're making, I am okay with Vickers and Casey!

Good Luck Sunday..... well in terms that you don't get injured!!! Otherwise FU and I hope you get dominated!!

For me, its all about the name on the FRONT OF THE JERSEY, not the back!!!!

Topher likes this.
  8. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Playing against his old team or not, it's a playoff game. It's more than "just another game"

9. Ranger Tom

Ranger Tom Hall of Fame

It sounds very professional of him to say this, as long as his main point was about playing the Texans. But I remember reading an article about Danniel Manning training harder than ever, because he's been to the playoffs before and a playoff game really is a big deal.

10. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Did Craig James really kill 5 hookers while at SMU?

11. Rey

Rey Guest

I hope cushing cracks his head open like dunta used to do in practice.

12. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

who said whaa?

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

His response was answering a direct question - actually a series of like questions: "Since this is the Texans, would a victory over them be sweeter vs. some other opponent?" As usual, the press, always looking to start some sh*t, pressed him on the "well, they didn't pay you blah, blah, blah..." aspect. To his credit, he said the situation ended up being a win-win. He essentially said that he got his money and the Texans' offense is chugging along fine with Casey and Vickers. Everyone is happy.

He had already addressed the importance of the game from the playoff aspect.

I thought his responses were rather classy; he gave props to Foster, and he had nothing but respect for our defense - "they're one of the best front sevens we've faced all year" or words to that affect. So he didn't let the press bait him into saying something really stupid.

buddyboy likes this.
  14. machineo

machineo Rookie

No reason to crack on him. He didn't bad mouth this team when he found out they wouldn't pay him what he wanted. I don't think he'd hate on this team or its fans when we all got Leach to the Beach and helped him get some acclaim.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This guy should've been re-signed and should've been here for Houston's first playoff run. Seriously, who would you rather have....Jacoby or Vonta?

For as great as the running game was this year, imagine how great it'd be with Tate and Foster running behind Vonta. Also the last time the Ravens defense really got hit in the mouth and ran all over was when vonta was leading the way last season. (hmm, makes you wonder why they wanted him so bad)

I have nothing bad to say about Vonta Leach...he's a hell of a FB (best in the league) and a hell of a football player.

16. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

While I love Vonta - and was one who wanted him to stay - I kinda like the flexibility Casey brings to the position. Vonta is by far the better blocker but there's no way he makes the kind of catches that Casey does.

I think Vonta is correct, things kinda worked out for both sides.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

How many catches does Casey have during the regular season? If it only happens in practice does it really count? (and this isn't a knock on Casey...he just isn't used enough to try to argue that facet of his game as being a deciding factor over what Vonta brings to the table).

Vonta Leach on Sundays is >>>>> than what Casey has brought to the table (or what he's been allowed to bring to the table.)

I wish he was on this team. He was a leader and enforcer on offense and is exponentially worth more than Jacoby Jones, who essentially ended up with his contract.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

If it's Vonta vs. Jacoby your arguing, then I concede. Other than the occasional big punt return, J.J. has been most disappointing relative to his contract extension.

I already said Vonta was/is a better lead blocker than Casey; hell, he's the best in the league. But there's no way Leach can get downfield like Casey has. Casey has 4 catches for 20+ yds (one being a 62-yd bomb) to his credit this year. That's pretty dang good for a part-time FB. No way does Vonta do that. In fact, Leach's total reception yardage is 69 yds from 15 catches - his longest being 11 yds.

I readily admit there have been times I've really missed having that hammer leading the way for Foster/Tate. But there's something to be said for a FB that can get open and beat the LB that's covering him deep.

And the fact that Casey isn't used more often is on Dennison/Kubiak. They call the plays.

19. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

It's not like our rushing game took a hit when Leach left, don't see how anyone is still upset that he left. Things worked out for both sides, and I'm genuinely happy that Leach got paid, continued to have success and all for a top notch winning organization.

20. Ghostform

Ghostform Veteran

I think Vickers has done a nice job just dont toss any game winning balls his way... or any for that matter.