Rashard Butler-working hard (video)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Fili and CloakNNNdagger like this.
  2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Not exactly Cushing-type intensity. But good to see Butler is trying to get better.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

:lol:

better answer than I had, I was thinking Rocky LOL

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

so I had too look up Cushing (been a while )

here is Brian Cushing and JJ Watt Triceps Death -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7Mes2SBo4

if Watt and Cushing are workout partners ..holy crap that is awesome

5. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Thanks for the link Wolf. Its encouraging to see Butler working hard. I'm expecting to see good things from him this season.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

7. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I liked the Inception music. Maybe this workout never happened. It was all a dream or was it???

8. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I've been reading that this Newton guy from Arkansas State might beat out Butler for the RT job ?

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Thanks for posting this, Wolf. I believe that going into the season knowing that he is that RT and taking reps with the 1st team only as RT, we will see that he is much more than what we thought he was.

10. Fili

Fili All Pro

[​IMG]

Single Stuffed O-line lol

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Any links would be good to read.

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I doubt that Newton will be successful at RT. As tall and strong as he is, he has the notorious tyrannosaurus rex arms that many feel, besides questionable footwork, resulted in Winston’s compromised pass rush.

Eric Winston’s arm length: 32 1/4"

Derek Newton’s arm length: 33 1/8"

BTW, Butler's arm length is an unusually long 36" as compared to Brown's 34 1/4".

I think he could make a great guard........not so much an OT.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I always thought Butler was a steal. He had that condition that kept him from keeping weight on but once the Texans got that under control you could say that they literally found treasure in the Panthers trash. He'll be better than Winston, mark my words.

14. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I have confidence in Butler, he looked great 2 yrs. ago when he filled in for Brown during his suspension. He's really good in pass protection and good but not great in run blocking. Hopefully he's worked on that in the last couple years. He'll be a FA at the end of this next season so this will also be a season for him to shine and showoff for every team in the NFL. Here's your chance big guy, lets see what you can do on a full time basis.

I can't wait for off season OTA's so these guys can start to jell as a unit. Let's also hope that Antoine Caldwell is working just as hard.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Highlights of the video:

...At the 1:13 mark, Butler's rendition of The Icky Woods Shuffle is a bit over-exaggerated, IMO. He needs to shorten up his steps to make it more realistic.

...At the 1:30 mark, I was impressed with his Eddie Murphy standup comedy imitation of "The ice cream truck! I want some ice cream! ICE CREAM!" Oscar-worthy performance, IMO.

...At the 3:52 mark, Butler is using weig....hey, there's volleyball chicks in bun hugger shorts in the background! Now where was I........

...At the 5:02 mark, the workout is really paying dividends. He's dragging towards him what appears to be pizza-sized Oreo cookies across the floor. Carrot-and-stick approach works every time.

...Off and on, Butler keeps throwing a ball to the trainer and the trainer keeps throwing the ball back to Butler. Nobody can decide whose ball that is, and it seems neither guy wants the ball. Very confusing. If that was a giant meatball, instead, I think that little chess match would end differently.

Just trying to lend a hand in the analysis of this footage. Hope it was helpful.

16. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

That's pretty funny! Not overly impressed with the workout. Some of the exercise selections are BAAAAD. Med ball sit ups and russian twists are very hard on the lumbar spine. For anyone interested on proper core training, check out www.backfitpro.com. Stuart McGill is a PhD in Biomechanics and all he does is study the spine and how it get injured. He's the man in this area and if any of you have an back issues his site is worth looking into.

BTW, on JJ Watt video, watch his body position on landing on the box. I trained a female volleyball player in California coming off a broken wrist from doing high box jumps. I'd be pissed if we lost JJ for half the season because he broke his wrist falling off a box.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  17. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

atleast he knows that the starting job is his to lose and he is working to get better. More than i can say for some players. I think he will turn out to be pretty damn good for us.

18. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

I enjoyed the Rocky IV training music.

However, I was disappointed there was no awkward man hug at the end of the video. [/Rocky III]

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Side lunges suck!!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

Otis, I thought the same thing on how his lower back was being twisted with all that weight added to that particular exercise.

I have had off-and-on lower back pain, from my rodeo days (steer wrestling, which puts a lot of strain on the lower back) and that made my lower back ache just watching it.