Randy McIlvoy: Texans on Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Tulip, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

This was from the Houston Sports Beat on FSN earlier this week. There was plenty of other discussion with him, Matt Jackson from Sportradio 610, and John Lopez of the Chronicle.

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

That statement isn't opinion?

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I edited before you said something - I meant the only thing said that wasn't the opinion of one of the reporters.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't know about that.. The whole team took on Capers persona and we got to see what happened if you opened your mouth and somehow the media got ahold of it.. You got deactivated .. now if that doesn't shut someone up, I don't know what would .

Runner likes this.
  5. Runner

OK. So it was player's opinion if the reporters got the story right. Interesting.

6. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Huh?

7. Runner

I guess I don't get your post. If it wasn't the reporters opinion they got it from somebody. I'm assuming by what you said they said other players said it.

Unless they shoved a scope down Carr's throat and didn't see any fire there of course.

It's not that big a deal to me. I'll move on.

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I was just giving my excuse for not transcribing more of the discussion, Runner.

And I don't know how you got that this came from the players. I mean it could have, but there's nothing evident in the statement itself. It could have come from the players, the front office, or both. It's more likely that one would infer the front office over the players anyway.

9. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

Probably something Gary Walker said...that's all he does his run his mouth while watching games from the sidelines because he can' stay healthy.

(but he WAS a beast when healthy this year)

10. Runner

Good. I feel better about it since my assumption was baseless.

11. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

That procedure can't be done unless player is under contract per union rules!

:)

12. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Carr has plenty of fire....after he throws a TD and runs down the field like he just won the super bowl.

This is nothing new to me, glad to see the Texans see it. Losses never get to him like they should. He acts like it is no big deal and then worries about next week.

13. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

This is just me, but I don't want my QB crying about every loss. I want him to get it out of his mind, and then work to fix the mistakes they made, go out next week and try and win. And just because we don't see him upset on TV and stuff doesn't mean a loss hasn't affected him. Everybody player deals with loss his own way. Wasn't this already thread before?

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree with that statement.. ,but I wonder if the demeanor is because of that is how Capers expressed it.. I am not dogging on Capers but I got tired of the ole.. "we played hard but didn't execute in phases of the game" speach we got on the post game quotes.

Who knows, behind closed doors Capers might have shown alittle more fire (and know I don't want a Bill Cowher but a demeanor somewhere in between of Cowher and Capers would be nice)

15. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

True, true.

16. Erratic Assassin

Erratic Assassin All Pro

Tom Brady just got eliminated from the playoffs last night. I didn't see him getting bent out of shape. Does that mean he's a bad QB?

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Tom Brady isn't a very good example really...I've read where he will refuse to shake hands with the opponent in some losses he gets so angry. He's much more of a fiery competitor than David Carr is. Carr was downright giddy after we lost the 49'ers when I saw him on some locker room footage after we lost to the worst team in football not named the Houston Texans. Everyone around him were hanging their heads and he was smiling, laughing and talking about Reggie Bush..

18. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Where did you see this? :spy:

I have never seen him "laugh" or be jovial after a loss.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

TV interview footage. He was very lighthearted. It's not a damning moment but the thread is about being a fiery leader and I've seen enough to agree that he isn't an ideal leader at a leadership position....this was just one of many moments in my mind. Not a big deal by itself, but when combined with other moments I don't feel he is 'all that' in this area.

20. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Was that an accidental funny, or did you mean to do it?