Random fan uniform designs

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Brando, May 21, 2009.

1. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

I found these on photobucket and I thought I would share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he/she did a good job.

Thoughts?

2. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Not a fan of the stars. We already have a star on the helmet, and there's some other team that is fond of them.

Also - if the Texans ever go red on blue, I think I would probably vomit.

I've always kind of wanted the team to have a white alt helmet.

3. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

They look pretty good (although I can forsee the star being too Cowgirls for some).

I think we should take up that uniform, but only adding the stars, for each Superbowl we win...

Its a pretty decent effort though....not a million miles away from current, but still quite striking. Probably wouldn't look so good in real fabric though.

4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I hope they NEVER changed the unis they have now.

The New York Yankees wear the same uni Babe Ruth did. The Colts pretty much wear the same uni Johnny U did. The Steelers wear the same uni their 4 time SB champs in the 70's did. Even the Jets got smart and went back to the unis Broadway Joe wore. Tradition and identity.

In 2043, I want those Texans wearing the same uni that Hall of Famer and 3 time Super Bowl champion Andre Johnson did.

Double Barrel and Hervoyel like this.
  5. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Blue helmets, blue jersey, blue pants.....red socks??

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

In a sort of futuristic/AFL way they look good... but until, as Jack Lambert put it, they "put dresses on all of [the QB's]", I doubt it.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Exactly. This man gets it. If you turn your teams uniforms into an endless parade of ever changing fad looks then you'll wake up one day 30-40 years from now and realize that your team has no physical, visible identity and that while all of your various uniforms are Texans uniforms none of them really says "Texans".

Multiple identities is the exact same thing as having no identity. I don't want that.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The New England Patriots used to have that goofy patriot guy playing center on their helmet and had red jerseys. They appeared in a Super Bowl and lost to Chicago, then stunk for many moons and were considered a check in the W column when they showed up on your schedule.

They changed their uniforms to the silve helmet and blue jerseys and eventually won 3 Super Bowls.

9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Broncos changed too and after losing SBs and then won. Though, being a child of thwe NFL in the 70s and those days, I really liked the Orange Crush unis and the the old Patriot. Maybe it is the old football cards, etc.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree completely, except that I would add that I wish we could quit the 6 different uni combos for 8 home games.

Pick a freakin' home uni and stick with it, with the sole exception of one battle red game (no red pants, though!).

I'm old school, have said it before, and it's just the way I feel about it. I know that I will never buy another Texans jersey. The custom authentic that I have will be the one I wear for the next 50+ years, even if they change unis and/or colors at any point.

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

You actually think you're gonna make it to 92?

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Hell yeah! Think how far medical science has come in the last 50 years, and then look ahead to the next 50. I might be half cyborg when I'm 92, but I'll still be rooting for the Texans and jamming to the metal! :redtowel::headbang:

13. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Sometimes you look so goofy to start with, you have to change. Tampa Bay for example and their orange gay pirate. That's not the case with the Texans. They've got a good look. I think they should stick with it forever.

The Broncos helmets may be better now, but the orange crush was awesome. They should go back to that.

And if you think winning Super Bowls has anything to do with what you're wearing, that's so wrong I can't believe I'm wasting keystrokes on it.

And I agree DB, I don't like the dozen different combos for just a handful of games. Pick something, stick with it and when people see you on the highlights, you know it's the Texans just like you know it's the Steelers or Packers or Cowboys.

14. SouthSideTexan

SouthSideTexan HATER!!!!!

[​IMG]

I'm more partial to something like this, but I think the home uniform should be the aluminum"Bud Light Blue Uniform". On special occasions the aluminum "Bloodweiser Red."

15. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    dont forget the Bears uniform hasn't changed either.

I like the Texans uni's as they are...but not the solid colour combo's....the all white make us look like giant sperm