Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Raiders to file relocation papers to move from Oakland to Vegas

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Heath Shuler, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

SA really is perfect for them. Raiders have always had a large Hispanic fan base, and who better than SA? They already have the black and silver colors for the Spurs as well, and their fan base is really passionate and supportive. That would be cool for them to host for at least a year possibly.

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Back when there was talk of moving the Jags I thought they would be perfect for SA. Jaguars are native to Texas and pirates are not, at least to the SA area. Jaguars are also kind of huge in Hispanic culture.

But I can see your uniform color point.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Mark Cuban thinks NFL chasing money in Las Vegas will backfire
    May 16, 2017, 12:39 PM EDT

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has never hesitated to critique the NFL’s business model, and he has done so again regarding the Raiders’ move to Las Vegas.

Cuban said on ESPN that he sees the NFL’s decision to let the Raiders leave Oakland just because Nevada is willing to build them a stadium is going to be a bad look in a few years.

“Why? There’s just no good reason. It’s no disrespect to Las Vegas, it’s a great city and it’s vibrant. But they’re going to a smaller market, it’s transient, and it’s just another example of chasing every last dollar, and that tends to backfire,” Cuban said.

Cuban famously compared the NFL to fat hogs ready to get slaughtered, and he thinks the league will eventually implode under the weight of its own greed. We’ll see in a few years if an expensive Las Vegas stadium has thousands of empty seats on Sundays, which would suggest that Cuban may be on to something.

*****************************************************************************************

Slot machines next to the toilets in the new stadium are bound to keep fans seated.............

ObsiWan and Double Barrel like this.
  4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian Staff Member

I think that the chances of financial failure with two teams in L.A. and one in Vegas are high for at least one of those franchises, if not two, out of the three.

I'm still perplexed that the NFL could leave a 20 year old stadium in St. Louis and nobody seems to question it. That's like the Texans demanding a new stadium in 2020 and then moving in 2023 because they didn't get one. Pure greed by the NFL.

ObsiWan and JB like this.
  5. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Looks like at least for now, Oakland Raiders fans are attempting to make the best of a bad situation and likely hoping that the talk of the 2017 Oakland Raiders being a legit Super Bowl contender are valid.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...ason-tickets-in-Oakland-sell-out/Default.aspx

6. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

So the fix is in?

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-rai...alks-play-coliseum-2019-season-021559667.html

10. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

If Oakland is targeting a franchise for their market, then a new stadium will be the first item on the agenda. Next, finding an organization to move into the new stadium......if it were me chasing a team, I'd focus on the Chargers who may not be gung-ho on sharing a stadium over the long haul.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

If Oakland is targeting a franchise for their market, then a new stadium will be the first item on the agenda. Next, finding an organization to move into the new stadium......if it were me chasing a team, I'd focus on the Chargers who may not be gung-ho on sharing a stadium over the long haul.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    JB and OptimisticTexan like this.