Raiders likely have 1 QB going into the draft!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Ole Miss Texan, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2775325

Raiders released Aaron Brooks. he was due a $5 million signing bonus if they extended is contract. Their 3rd string qb is also a FA who will most likely not be resigned.

Walter now is most likely their only quarterback. He didn't have a good season at all last year, most his problems but their oline is absolutly horrible.

This doesn't really mean too much for the draft though. If oakland goes with free agent QB so they can select Calvin Johnson in the draft, i don't see them taking one before the draft so they could entertain trade offers maybe?

Looks like it's still the debate CJ or JR. It will also be interesting to see what happens with moss and porter because that will way heavily on who they draft imo. If i were them i'd probably take JR, hopefully moss and porter would be happy with that pick and stay. after that if they can get their offensive line in ..LINE then they will have one of the scarier teams in the nfl. Their defense is already what..3rd overall last year?

I can see them taking Jamarcus russell in the 1st and then best offensive lineman in the 2nd rd. maybe even 3rd too.

2. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Wonder if we will see any "let's pick up Brooks" threads?

3. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

*runs to go start one* :P jk

4. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

No more like a thread called, "Raiders making room for David Carr!" :stirpot:

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

The Raiders are notorious for not taking high round QB's in the draft, so why is everyone certain they will take JR?

The Raiders, like the Texans, are in desperate need of an O-Line, I would think they take Joe Thomas before they take a QB.

Actually I could see them taking Kolb with the first pick in the third.

6. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

Aaron Brooks is Michael Vick's cousin. Oh Wait... that's not a good thing.

7. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

I think the Cowboys will pick him up

EDIT: IF Bledsoe is released/traded etc.

EDIT EDIT:

A look at the Raiders #1 drafts in QBs ( historically they choose defense, mostly DBs )

1991 Todd Marinovich QB USC
    http://woodonsports.blogspot.com/2006/02/whatever-happened-totodd-marinovich.html
    1980 Marc Wilson QB BYU
    the 1-15 1990 Patriots is the kicker... a grand total of a 181 points scored that year

and that's it for the official records at oakland.com ( back until 68 with Stabler,Gabriel, Dickey )