Raiders got Robbed

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mike moffat, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

It's pretty sad when you can't even write about your own team. What a disappointment. The O-line looked like a sieve. Where was A.J. in this game plan?

As y'all know, I'm a Raider Hater! But they were robbed by the zebras last night. That pass was a touchdown, no question about it. I was totally blown away when they overturned the call.

Where am I wrong here?

2. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

Well, you did post in the wrong section...

3. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

:spit:

On topic though, yeah the Raiders were robbed. Plus...there are plenty of raider haters out there...which may or may not include *some* the refs, but whatever...its done and over with.

mike moffat likes this.
  4. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

I guess that you're right. The mods can move it to the NFL if they want to. I tried to talk Texan stuff, but I felt my blood pressure beginning to rise.

5. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I personally thought it was going to be overturned as soon as I saw the ball come out. From my understanding the WR has to maintain control of the ball until he has hit the ground. The WR clearly didn't maintain control. I was surprised Steve Young & the announcers didn't know that, though...

6. Kulluminatii

He had two feet down, he landed on his behind, and his elbow hit the ground before the ball had gotten out.

There was a questionable catch like that during the Pats game I believe, however, that was ruled a TD.

7. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

The Raiders didn't get robbed - it's just that it's a HORRIBLE rule. The rule was followed, unfortunately for them.

Terrible rule. Needs to be reviewed.

8. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I'm not sure about the Pats play, but I just checked the replay to be sure, and he didn't maintain control of the ball throughout the play. Here's a replay, they say the samething I just did. It's at the 1:40 mark. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091401/2009/REG1/chargers@raiders#tab:watch

9. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

My book had the Raiders at 4-1 to win...I was oh so close!

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

The NFL cracks me up in that they employ all this technology and then create the dumbest rules to be interpreted by the dumbest people. Sometimes it's a catch ------ as long as it's not in the endzone. Sometimes it's a catch --- but wait, there's under two minutes, lets overturn what was a good call.

Lets look at at this in super slomo - that's a realistic point of view. Right.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the NFL is taking a good thing and screwing it up. Who said "punish the team who challenges the ruling and is proven correct"? Then again, the NFL does this in all facets of the game.

:rant:

thunderkyss likes this.
  11. cc_me

cc_me Veteran

Mike, how are ya??

I was there last night and as soon as I saw the replay I knew they would overturn it. A player must maintain control of the ball through their "fall" to the ground. What about crossing the plane with 2 feet in? Anyway, It's a stupid rule. Along with alot of stupid rules. For whatever reason we are often on the wrong side of those stupid rules.

mike moffat likes this.
  12. Kulluminatii

Yeah, so I guess according to the rule the call was right...but when the rule is idiotic to begin with...ah well, no use complaining over it, the NFL is always right:headhurts:.

13. texansdrummer

texansdrummer Hall of Fame

Stupid, STUPID rule!!!!:mad:

So.....you can not even TOUCH the endzone, just break the plane and lose control....and THAT'S a TD, but not if you land to feet in with control and lose the ball as a result of ground contact, even though it's OK to do so everywhere else on the field?

Stupid :brickwall:

14. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

15. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

exactly. the call was correct. there is no way in hell a ref can make that call in realtime. i think the league really likes instant replay...extra commercials.

they say they dont like it and are going to get rid of it, but this rule necessitates instant replay.

16. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

CC! Good to hear from you! I was thinking about all of you. We're doing just fine. I may have to come and visit again this year even though the Texans won't be there. I'll let you know when we plan on coming.

From my point of view, I still say ya got robbed!

This ones for you. :party:

:fans:

17. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

So, the Raiders are signing Chris McAllister, pending a physical. He is being moved to safety. Anyone seeing the Raiders becoming a team you don't want to mess with? That defense is stout. If Jamarcus works on his accuracy and they get themselves another receiver, that's a good all-around team.

18. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

I agree with you. I'm just thankful that we weren't playing them on Monday night! That defense and especially Seymour, was all over the place. They're getting real close to having a contender.

19. cc_me

cc_me Veteran

OMG!! It's nice to have positive thoughts about my Team. It's been a looooong time!

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  20. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Whaddup cc.

Raiders look like they've got their defense turned around. Seymour was a great addition to that defensive line and you could see the havoc he was placing on the Chargers (oh god, he gets to see Schaub in a couple of weeks too).

Looks like they've started to turn the corner....I didn't think so much after the Saints/Raiders preseason game...but if Jamarcus can get accurate and the Raiders recievers want to have a ball thrown to them (and actually catch one)...then look out. A healthy Javon Walker will help too.

cc, you coming down in a few weeks?