r. alexander/e.everett/l.timmons which one?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by baba ganoush, Jan 3, 2007.

1. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

Rufus Alexander or Earl Everett or Lawrence Timmons, which one of these linebackers would you take with the second pick?

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

in Rufus I see a very similar talent to DeMeco Ryans, will be a stud & take care of his assignments :)

3. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

alexander wasnt all that impressive in oklahomas bowl game,imo...

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

your kidding right :confused:

17 tackles, 14 solo & 1.5 sacks. also noticed he was excellent in coverage. will be outstanding in NFL. quiet leadership, hard worker, studies film Big 12 defensive player of the year, plays for a great program steeped in tradition, very similar to Alabama & DeMeco Ryans.

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

Desmond Bishop

6. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Going to be a very hard choice in the second round that's for sure beerlover. I think Harris is a ligitiamte prospect for that pick.

7. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Rufus Alexander definitely. I like him a lot and he also reminds me of a Demeco Ryans, probably slightly more athletic than Demeco. I'm not real fond of Earl Everett and I don't know a whole lot about Timmons at the moment.

8. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

i was kidding

9. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

if we were able to draft rufus alexander we could move morlon greenwood to the strong side were he played some in miami...

alexander-ryans-greenwood... i could definitely could live with that:marionaner:

10. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

I don't particularly like Greenwood at strongside. That's my one problem with drafting Rufus or most of the other top LBs in this class is that they play weakside LB, so assuming Greenwood stays that isn't a great fit. There are some bigger LBs in this draft that could play strongside like David Harris or H.B. Blades, although both of them played MLB in college, but I think both could be a good at SLB on the next level and could likely be taken later in the draft than Rufus.