Quit Whining

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_bull, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Texans_bull

Texans_bull Veteran

Everyone needs to quit whining..

Its just preseason. Everybody needs to be positive and BELIEVE in our Texans and coaches.

Lets wait and see how the first regular season game is played. If it looks like the preseason then we can start to panic. But until then lets be positive.:texflag:

:fans:

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think you have this forum confused with HomersRus.com We discuss what we see here...it's not a giant pep rally.

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Did Joe Texan change his screen name? :user:

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

When Mike Bell of all people (A guy who couldn't even make the Texans squad last season) runs all over the Texans in their second pre season game, you better believe there will be some questions being asked especially when it's a team that was awful against the run last season. Like Vinny said, it's a message boards for opinions and discussions, not a Giant Pep Rally.

5. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

I agree in a sense. One preseason game does not make an entire 16 game season. This is one of those games where it seems way more important than it really is. This past preseason game will be looooooong forgotten here soon. I seriously doubt we look back to the NO game and go, yep.... thats where it all started.

Heck, I bet this board sings a much different tune come a week from today. To which that game will also be buried in memory once the season starts.

6. Texans_bull

Texans_bull Veteran

My bad i just want to read some positive things what we are doing. Everyone here always seems to be so negative.

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Monday night will be a good measuring stick. Does the D man up or show up in skirts? Preseason or not, they really need to show us fans, and more importantly, their coach that they have the goods to be on the field. Besides, we should get a little closer to our planned starting lineup.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Whining? I think it has to do more with anger and disappointment. We're told every damn off season about how "aggressive" the defense will be, yet we've seen the same f-in defense for 4 years now and excuse it as "vanilla due to preseason". Whatever!

I like Kubiak a lot, but this type of defense for the past few years will get him fired.

Blake likes this.

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

It walked like a duck and quacked like a duck but ladies and gentlemen it's a mongoose .

Malloy likes this.
  10. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

I will say this, from watching the game it looked like NO was doing every misdirection back door screen type play they had in their first couple of drives. Going this way... no that way, etc,etc... They may very well be the top offense in the league this year. Its almost like after the snap our players had to look up to see whats going on because they had no clue. On our heels the entire time. We haven't even started game planning yet.

Again, this will all come out in the wash here soon.... I hope anyway. I seriously doubt our defense got worse with our additions and a much more healthy Dunta coming back sooner or later. I am thinking its gonna take some time for it all to come together.

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I dunno 'bout others, but I'm not the least bit concerned 'bout losing the game, this past weekends game or any other preseason game, even by 24 points. What I think a lot of us are genuinely worried about is the performance of the starting defense for their time in the game, especially the Dlinemen playing inside, and the manner in which they were so dominated by the opposition.

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

in preseason I don't pay attention to the score, but I do pay attention to individual play and I like to see key players winning their share of their individual battles. It's a glorified scrimmage.

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I believe in our Texans. They have demonstrated exactly what they can do on defense, repeatedly. When they start showing they can play good defense consistently, then I'll believe that. See? I'm easy. I believe in whatever they do.

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

After that performance Saturday, I think any criticism is warranted. Not only were we outplayed, but we got pushed around like a bunch of Nancy's. I for one, can't sugar coat that especially under the premise of "it's just preseason". If it were correctable mistakes, that's one thing. Getting pushed around by a team who is not considered one of the more physical teams in the NFL is completely unacceptable.

That said, I will be in the Bull Pen every game, screaming my head off. :fans:

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yup, I won't be at every game, but when I'm there I'm all bidness

BTW, you just make sure them beads stay around your neck, okay?

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Yep! it was a truly disgusting performance from Okam and especially Okoye. The coaches better figure out they need to get that guy off the field. Otherwise, if he's starting week one, I'm going to have to root for another freakin' twisted ankle or ingrown hair to get him off the field for a month or so... hopefully, then, we can slow down some mediocre running games.

17. Livid13

Livid13 Veteran

No Vinny, it's NOT a giant pep rally. This board has got to be the most vexing one in the NFL, imhmfo ! I know everyone here supports the Texans, but damn it, EVERY SINGLE GAME is do, or die. You guys remind me of a bunch of Longhorn fans. Maybe it's being a Houstonian, I don't know. It just seems to me that the Texans are constantly berated and over critized. I know, I know, go back to the Titans board 13 ! Lighten the freak up, it's pre-season.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Dude, last year Gma gave me her front row seat. We scored and the net starting going up. My ticket lanyard, beads and crap got hung up in it. I thought I was going to be hung. That would've been one way to get some TV time.
    :gun:

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

:spit: That would've been the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

I know the young lady was Dr2bKay, but who was the guy on the other side of her?

20. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

If you show up at the home opener and play like they did , you have issues . Part of the backlash comes with the territory of being a team with playoff expectations . It's time to put up or shutup and I for one don't want to go through anymore shutup .